Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 07:53 AM

732 posts, read 968,329 times

Advertisements

Sports fans will be sports fans... Several of my neighbors were yelling & cheering outside as the sounds of the rowdy Mission crowd could be heard in the night. I live near the Mission district, but I choose to avoid the riots.

Good luck to people commuting to downtown, it's going to be crowded there around the noon parade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2014, 09:53 AM

6,416 posts, read 8,275,007 times
Plenty of other sports fans celebrate championships without resorting to actual gun violence- two people were shot!

There's absolutely no excuse for that type of behavior and those who act that way should be ashamed of themselves

Old 10-31-2014, 01:41 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,344,980 times
I'll bet it was Dodgers fans posing as Giants fans just to make them look bad!

Old 10-31-2014, 01:55 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,160,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Plenty of other sports fans celebrate championships without resorting to actual gun violence- two people were shot!

There's absolutely no excuse for that type of behavior and those who act that way should be ashamed of themselves

Not in bay area cities. This always happens in SF and Oakland. When an area is soft on crime, this stuff will happen.

Old 10-31-2014, 07:12 PM

1,963 posts, read 3,042,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llowllevellowll View Post
Not good points expressed here.

In the final decade of play at Candlestick Park, the SF Giants actually got beat by A's attendance at O.co/the Coliseum in the last decade of play by nearly 6,000 fans per game. That includes some good and bad seasons by both teams and for the Giants, quite a few years of Barry Bonds.

The fact is the same regardless of the team: no one likes going to bad ballparks in bad neighborhoods consistently and just as I can't blame Giants fans for not going to Candlestick (and they didn't), I'm not going to put different criteria for the A's fans that don't want to go to an even worse park. And oh yeah, I am a 30-game season ticket holder, so I feel like I have some room to speak here.

Time to slow down the "we are awesome" machine and humble yourself. Don't take my word for it, though: look up the Final MLB Attendance numbers for those seasons yourself before ranting on the internet like an overzealous teenager.
The *only* thing I miss about the 'stick is being able to decide at around 5 PM that I want to go to a game, drive up, and buy a ticket at the box office right behind the Giants' dugout 20 minutes before game time.

Old 11-06-2014, 02:22 AM

2,342 posts, read 1,737,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo666 View Post
The *only* thing I miss about the 'stick is being able to decide at around 5 PM that I want to go to a game, drive up, and buy a ticket at the box office right behind the Giants' dugout 20 minutes before game time.
Well, there's also the sunny day games in warm weather, the gals dressed lightly... and when the cold wind blows, they're sportin' high beams.

Old 11-07-2014, 08:41 PM

1,963 posts, read 3,042,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo7tango View Post
Well, there's also the sunny day games in warm weather, the gals dressed lightly... and when the cold wind blows, they're sportin' high beams.
I see plenty of that at AT&T.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland