Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 03:47 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,036,677 times

Advertisements

As a lifelong Bay Area resident, I do have to somewhat agree with the OP. I'm not a superficial, shallow person by any means and have no desire to be married to a supermodel. The fact is though, that the Bay Area really doesn't have a ton of "hot" women.

I can deal with that. The thing that used to annoy the s**t out of me when I was a bachelor was that many of these thoroughly un-hot women acted as though they were supermodels. I can't tell you how many times I went out on blind dates with women who ended up being very homely and yet they thought they were God's gift to men and had a huge chip on their shoulders.

The Bay Area dating scene for men frankly sucks. I'm happy to be married. If my marriage fails someday and I want to date again, I'll be leaving the Bay. FYI, there are far more hot women in the central valley than in many other parts of CA...just saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2014, 05:03 PM

629 posts, read 619,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
The thing that used to annoy the s**t out of me when I was a bachelor was that many of these thoroughly un-hot women acted as though they were supermodels. I can't tell you how many times I went out on blind dates with women who ended up being very homely and yet they thought they were God's gift to men and had a huge chip on their shoulders.

Exactly! I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticed this. 4s that think they're 9s. Go 49ers!

My best relationships here so far have been with women who don't even live in the city. Mostly east bay it seems. Being single here is difficult, but not impossible. Just takes a hell of a lot more effort than it should.

Old 10-11-2014, 06:09 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,860,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
I've found the women here easier to talk to and far more intelligent and educated than the "plastic" ones in Southern California or Las Vegas. SoCal females are hotter looking, but it's a tradeoff, as many don't have the intellect or education as the women here in the Bay Area have.
This is what I've generally encountered, too. I haven't run into that problem these other dudes here go on about, where average janes think they're God's gift, or something. I like Bay Area women, cuz they're down to earth. Obviously, you and I are picking completely different women than some of the other posters.

Old 10-11-2014, 11:09 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
"Beautiful People" also means men too, right?

Well, overall the Bay Area attracts way more eligible men than what I encountered living in NY and LA. Not starving models and actors but confident, educated, affluent and yes, HAWT men from around the world seem to be flocking to SF in droves. Turn over rock in the Bay these days, and out jumps man candy.

Old 10-12-2014, 10:21 AM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Well, it does when referring to me. Hollywood is pestering me worse than ever since Clooney got hitched.

Old 10-12-2014, 10:59 AM

23,514 posts, read 23,986,796 times
Also, in my case and I'm sure yours also, many of the women are coming up to talk to me first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
This is what I've generally encountered, too. I haven't run into that problem these other dudes here go on about, where average janes think they're God's gift, or something. I like Bay Area women, cuz they're down to earth. Obviously, you and I are picking completely different women than some of the other posters.

Last edited by ccm123; 10-12-2014 at 11:08 AM..

Old 10-12-2014, 12:18 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,860,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
Also, in my case and I'm sure yours also, many of the women are coming up to talk to me first!
Well, this is the thing. There are hot women in the Bay Area, but because they're the sweet, laid-back girls next door, someone like the OP and some of the other posters wouldn't recognize them at first. Because they don't get all dolled up and wear high heels and all that crap. And some of them are shy.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:25 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

Well, overall the Bay Area attracts way more eligible men than what I encountered living in NY and LA. Not starving models and actors but confident, educated, affluent and yes, HAWT men from around the world seem to be flocking to SF in droves. Turn over rock in the Bay these days, and out jumps man candy.
I don't know, i do not see much eye candy. But maybe I am not their type so i eliminated them from contention. I find it more surprising! West Hollywood was eye candy central!

Old 10-12-2014, 07:28 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,273,283 times
I think men are way better looking pretty much everywhere outside of SF- particularly in NYC, Boston, Atlanta, LA, and SD.

Men here have no real style. They either dress like hipster clones or fratty dbags. Good thing I'm spoken for

Old 10-12-2014, 08:05 PM

Location: SF Bay Area, aka, Liberal Mecca/wherever DoD sends me to
713 posts, read 1,081,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
I think men are way better looking pretty much everywhere outside of SF- particularly in NYC, Boston, Atlanta, LA, and SD.

Men here have no real style. They either dress like hipster clones or fratty dbags. Good thing I'm spoken for
This applies for both genders. Not many stylish people here in the Bay Area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland