Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2014, 09:39 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,752,966 times

Advertisements

I just want to know, how much of good stuff is here versus toxic stuff like; Design gossips (you should pitch this to the hollywoo... oh ****, it's too late, I've already coined it legally and you'll end up dying fighting for it), pseudo intellectual stuff (I'm going to tell you this thing that I read about on wiki, and you should be thankful for it), or just plain ignorance (I need this branding for my company done by tomorrow that I gave it to you just now, because I'm paying you $100 an hour to do so - **** this because $100 an hour is cat ****)?

But what is it like there? Tons of Hipsters that sends you articles about what you learned like 10 years ago, flaunting things that you did on your sophomore year with their hipster ways, or are there some genuine creative community that just wants to get ****ed up every weekend, get in trouble without ever uttering a sentence of creativity while doing it? Then actually do something, then show people?

So what I'm asking is, is this a DO town or TALK town?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2014, 10:30 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,460,012 times
Um... OK.

Old 12-16-2014, 10:44 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,752,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
I take that as a compliment. At least I'm not some cop-out person like you:

Old 12-17-2014, 12:55 AM

1,516 posts, read 1,248,248 times
I can hardly understand what this guy is really asking (partly due to how this is written and partly because it's too vague), and I am part of the creative community.

Try maybe 50% bs hipster scum, 50% true intellectual work. Art is subjective, remember? Some people rave about work that I think sucks. Gotta find out for yourself but yes there are lots of hipsters.

Old 12-17-2014, 03:53 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,397,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokivos View Post
I just want to know, how much of good stuff is here versus toxic stuff like; Design gossips (you should pitch this to the hollywoo... oh ****, it's too late, I've already coined it legally and you'll end up dying fighting for it), pseudo intellectual stuff (I'm going to tell you this thing that I read about on wiki, and you should be thankful for it), or just plain ignorance (I need this branding for my company done by tomorrow that I gave it to you just now, because I'm paying you $100 an hour to do so - **** this because $100 an hour is cat ****)?

But what is it like there? Tons of Hipsters that sends you articles about what you learned like 10 years ago, flaunting things that you did on your sophomore year with their hipster ways, or are there some genuine creative community that just wants to get ****ed up every weekend, get in trouble without ever uttering a sentence of creativity while doing it? Then actually do something, then show people?

It's a do town for the actual productive creatives and techies but more of a talk town for most everyone else.

Old 12-24-2014, 03:45 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:

Um... it's a city of like 850K people. Like any large city, it has a variety of people. Some of them do things; some of them talk; some of them do things and talk. Oh, and also, they don't all do the same thing or talk about the same thing.

You're welcome.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:30 PM

148 posts, read 149,343 times
Quote:
Did you know that you can do things and talk at the same time? It's true! For example, right now I'm talking about eating hummus and chips, and I"m ALSO eating some hummus and chips! TAKE THAT, SOCIETY.

Old 12-24-2014, 09:05 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,862,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Um... it's a city of like 850K people. Like any large city, it has a variety of people. Some of them do things; some of them talk; some of them do things and talk. Oh, and also, they don't all do the same thing or talk about the same thing.

You're welcome.
Does anyone here know what city he's talking about? Oakland? SF? Berkeley?

Last edited by NewbiePoster; 12-24-2014 at 09:24 PM..

Old 12-27-2014, 02:21 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,839,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Does anyone here know what city he's talking about? Oakland? SF? Berkeley?
We would have to get clarification from the OP, but it is not clear even s/he could coherently answer this. I will guess SF.

Old 12-27-2014, 03:17 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
We would have to get clarification from the OP, but it is not clear even s/he could coherently answer this. I will guess SF.
He was ranting about hipsters, so it could be Oakland or Berkeley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
View detailed profiles of: