Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2015, 12:19 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,373,595 times

Advertisements

Human feces map finds San Francisco's homeless | Reuters
FTA:
Jennifer Wong has found a way to track the homeless and determine where help is needed: mapping where people defecate on the streets of San Francisco.

How progressive. I feel so deprived I don't live in a place that needs maps of human defecation areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2015, 12:56 PM

136 posts, read 196,894 times
Do complaints about shyte distinguish between human shyte and dog shyte? My SF neighborhood has a problem with dog shyte, not human shyte. Do the workers who clean up the shyte report whether the shyte is dog-derived or human-derived?

Maybe we can get little Jennifer Wong to turn her highly educated brain to these important matters as well.

Old 01-04-2015, 04:07 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,839,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
FTA:
Jennifer Wong has found a way to track the homeless and determine where help is needed: mapping where people defecate on the streets of San Francisco.

How progressive. I feel so deprived I don't live in a place that needs maps of human defecation areas.
Some of those folks may well have come from Kansas, dear. Thanks for that contribution.

What longtime resident Ms. Wong is trying to do is find solutions that will reduce incidents of poo on the streets. Poo from people who often came from other parts of the country that didn't want to bother to offer any help to them. You know, the 'takers".

Old 01-04-2015, 05:09 PM

1,962 posts, read 4,483,350 times
Quote:
FTA:

Be still my throbbing nose and my compromised shoes.

Old 01-04-2015, 06:02 PM

483 posts, read 842,121 times
I've always wondered (specifically?) where all of SF's heralded street poo is. I never seem to run (slide?) into it, so good to know. I guess I live and spend most of my time in the ~80% of the city that doesn't have much of a homeless problem.

Old 01-04-2015, 11:46 PM

596 posts, read 820,590 times
Quote:
FTA:

Next time I visit San Francisco, I'm going to have a friend take a picture of me pooping in one of those popular defecation areas. That would be a fun touristy thing to do.

Old 01-05-2015, 01:53 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,526,492 times
My SIL takes the BART every workday to his job in SOMA & says he smells it & sees it every day.

Old 01-05-2015, 03:08 AM

If you endeavor into SF even just a few times a year and don't encounter pooey places...you might be a tourist.

Old 01-05-2015, 11:44 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,459,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pietro25 View Post
Do complaints about shyte distinguish between human shyte and dog shyte?
A few years back, someone thought of creating an online game called "Name the Species of the Feces."

A town in Israel is using DNA to identify dogs whose owners don't clean up after them. Maybe SF could do the same.

Old 01-05-2015, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
A few years back, someone thought of creating an online game called "Name the Species of the Feces."

A town in Israel is using DNA to identify dogs whose owners don't clean up after them. Maybe SF could do the same.
Will they inform the dogs in SF when their masters are so identified by DNA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland