Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2015, 04:28 PM

2 posts, read 3,993 times

Advertisements

Are there any Indian families with teenage kids living in Daly City/ San Francisco? Also looking for Indian cultural events in the same area. Looking to make new family friends. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2015, 06:31 PM

102,061 posts, read 106,870,458 times
There is a HUGE South Asian community across the Bay, in Fremont, CA, and Indians scattered around in neighboring cities. Not so much in SF. There may be some south of SF, closer to the south Bay/Silicon Valley, I wouldn't know. However, the population of Fremont is mostly Asian, now. That would be the place to go, to find out about cultural events, and to be right in the middle of everything, so to speak.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:02 AM

28,225 posts, read 36,694,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apeksha View Post
Are there any Indian families with teenage kids living in Daly City/ San Francisco? Also looking for Indian cultural events in the same area. Looking to make new family friends. Thank you.
Yes, but not as many as in other places live Fremont ans Sunnyvale. You can hop over the bridge to Berkeley too.

Old 02-27-2015, 01:28 PM

2 posts, read 3,993 times
Thank you, Jade and Ruth.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:59 PM

24,323 posts, read 26,701,005 times
Fremont has the largest community of Indians in my opinion. However, the Bay Area in general has a lot.

Old 02-27-2015, 03:18 PM

722 posts, read 1,318,415 times
I heard there were also lots of Afghan people in those areas near Fremont, they dresss similiar to the Indians

Old 02-27-2015, 09:28 PM

102,061 posts, read 106,870,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green papaya View Post
I heard there were also lots of Afghan people in those areas near Fremont, they dresss similiar to the Indians
There's a good Afghan restaurant in Fremont!

Old 02-27-2015, 09:52 PM

833 posts, read 1,192,118 times
Is it just me, or is it only Indians looking for a place with their own kind on these forums?

The Bay Area is diverse. Try it some time OP.

I couldn't imagine a white person saying "where can I live next to other white people" They'd be called a racist in 1 second.

Old 02-28-2015, 12:09 AM

24,323 posts, read 26,701,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrazyattic View Post
Is it just me, or is it only Indians looking for a place with their own kind on these forums?

The Bay Area is diverse. Try it some time OP.

I couldn't imagine a white person saying "where can I live next to other white people" They'd be called a racist in 1 second.
So, are you saying you would choose to live in a Black neighborhood if given the choice? I doubt it... it's human nature to want to live in an area that has similar culture and/or people to you. It also applies to lifestyle choices too. How many hetrosexual men want to live in a homosexual neighborhood? In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with that, it doesn't make you a homophobe. Likewise, if you are White and don't want to be a minority in your neighborhood, that also doesn't make you a racist. It's human nature.

Old 02-28-2015, 03:45 AM

833 posts, read 1,192,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
So, are you saying you would choose to live in a Black neighborhood if given the choice? I doubt it... it's human nature to want to live in an area that has similar culture and/or people to you. It also applies to lifestyle choices too. How many hetrosexual men want to live in a homosexual neighborhood? In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with that, it doesn't make you a homophobe. Likewise, if you are White and don't want to be a minority in your neighborhood, that also doesn't make you a racist. It's human nature.
Well, unfortunately most black neighborhoods are ghettos. Simply stating the truth as a black/white male. If it weren't a ghetto, I do not see the reason why I wouldn't. We live in a diverse part of the country as everyone likes to say.... In actuality it's a very segregated part of the country as well.

And though I am not talking about you... I have seen plenty of posts where people ask for conservative areas, and they get ridiculed. I've also seen posts where people are looking for cities with majority white. Why do white people feel so guilty for being white? This is coming from a tanned skinned individual... I really don't get it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland