Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 12:42 PM

540 posts, read 653,119 times

Advertisements

One Rincon Hill: 425 1st St. #1608
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2015, 02:12 PM

102,209 posts, read 107,859,557 times
You know there's something wrong when the photos are all, or mostly, of the amenities, not of the unit itself.

Someone here a year or two ago was interested in an apt. there, back when they were much cheaper, but it turned out that there are no grocery stores in the area, no pharmacies, or anything. I also can't help but wonder what would happen to those towers in an earthquake.

Old 01-21-2015, 02:43 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,137,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You know there's something wrong when the photos are all, or mostly, of the amenities, not of the unit itself.

Someone here a year or two ago was interested in an apt. there, back when they were much cheaper, but it turned out that there are no grocery stores in the area, no pharmacies, or anything. I also can't help but wonder what would happen to those towers in an earthquake.
Exactly, that's a pet peeve of mine when apartment hunting online. With some of the complexes, 30%-50% of all the photos of the listing will be of the gym, and you're lucky to see one or two pictures of inside the actual unit. Do most people really prioritize the gym that much when apartment hunting?

Old 01-21-2015, 02:57 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,397,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisaro TMF View Post
Well, to save a hundred grand over that, you could always go for a 1000 SF 3/1 (and in this case the term "bedroom" is used with vast liberties) fake Eichler in Shoreview (that's the San Mateo hood).

That hood was a serious Togan Crip zone 10 years ago. Sort of changed now, mainly due to young professionals moving in (that's not to say existing residents are moving out at any sort of high rate).

Old 01-21-2015, 03:15 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,638,493 times
I saw a realtor's bio online and he was asked what his favorite SF neighborhood was. He said Rincon Hill. I literally LOL-ed when I read that. How is that even a real neighborhood, much less one that has enough stuff to do to be classified as "favorite". So funny.

Needless to say, I think he was one of the brokers contracted to sell some of the units in that tower. Personally, I am glad they are building them, because we need supply, but I would never want to live in a tower like that. It has 0 personality.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:00 PM

540 posts, read 653,119 times
Yeah we actually looked at the models when they were still building them. The one bedrooms were going for around $575k which is still crazy. Of course the higher you get the more expensive. I think the 1 bedrooms near the top were in the million range. A friend of ours actually purchased one of the 2 bedroom units a couple years ago for 1.3 million. Him and his wife are attorneys with no kids. It's weird to pay that kind of money and your window's cant even open.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:08 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,784,341 times
Quote:

The rincon has earthquake upgrades including a thousand gallon water tank on the roof .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h3UVMHjvFWs

Old 01-21-2015, 04:22 PM

Quote:

the new construction is some of the safest for earthquakes. it will shake a lot and it will be really scary, but it should be pretty safe. I would much rather be in one of those towers when the big one hits than in the Marina or Mission.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:27 PM

102,209 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyinCali View Post
the new construction is some of the safest for earthquakes. it will shake a lot and it will be really scary, but it should be pretty safe. I would much rather be in one of those towers when the big one hits than in the Marina or Mission.
Well, my concern was whether that land is solid, or landfill or sand (prone to liquefy). How much earthquake reinforcement you have doesn't matter if you're not on solid ground.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Well, my concern was whether that land is solid, or landfill or sand (prone to liquefy). How much earthquake reinforcement you have doesn't matter if you're not on solid ground.
Fair. I assume probably not too steady, although it is on a Hill, lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
View detailed profiles of: