Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2015, 10:40 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times

Advertisements

Tips for tourists

Areas to Avoid, San Francisco, California Warning or Danger: 94 Reviews, 24 Photos - VirtualTourist

Old 07-05-2015, 10:43 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,346,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Too many assumptions on your part here.

What kind of person would "accidentally" shoot someone then run and toss the gun if they have nothing to hide? Stop and rendering aid in the form of calling paramedics, telling the parents it was an accident, showing concern until the medics arrived.

I am a Molecular Diagnostician not a blood transfusion expert.

It sounds as if you think you have an inside track on the investigation.

Assuming must be how you keep yourself entertained.
Well. Let's see. Please point to any assumption I made.

I merely posted a link to a highly reputable investigative news source which reported on a professional investigation conducted by a major police department. Which link does not express any assumptions on my part whatsoever. Nor does it represent me as being involved in any investigation beyond reading mainstream news.

You, on the other hand, personally speculated on the nature of the crime and motivations of the perp. This leads one to wonder what insider information or expertise you have in the matter?

Now, taking the question you raise again above, you tell us: what kind of a person would feel they had something to hide if they shot someone? On purpose, or by accident. Would a wanted illegal felon stick around? And hand over his weapon to evidence?

Old 07-05-2015, 10:47 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
See post #282 to get the full perspective of what we are talking about, or use the search feature on CD with respect to what SF was like in the 70's and 80's.
I don't need a "search feature" I am a third generation San Franciscan. And you refer me to a post is a rant about noisy fireworks and illegal immigrants.

Noisy fireworks in SF have been around for a very, very long time. And there is an increase in undocumented people all over the US, but all the hand wringing in the world is not going to change that. As much as you wish they would "self deport" even if you elect Donald Trump they aren't going anywhere and employers who benefit from their services will make sure of that.

Old 07-05-2015, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Well. Let's see. Please point to any assumption I made.
Quote:
You apparently have an inside track on the investigation.
Quote:
Perhaps, in addition to being a blood transfusion expert you are also a police interrogator?
Quote:
No doubt he's a trained medic subscribed to the Hippocratic oath, eh
Getting your entertainment?

Old 07-05-2015, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I don't need a "search feature" I am a third generation San Franciscan. And you refer me to a post is a rant about noisy fireworks and illegal immigrants.

Noisy fireworks in SF have been around for a very, very long time. And there is an increase in undocumented people all over the US, but all the hand wringing in the world is not going to change that. As much as you wish they would "self deport" even if you elect Donald Trump they aren't going anywhere and employers who benefit from their services will make sure of that.
That's all you got from post 282? LOL

Old 07-05-2015, 10:56 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,925,052 times
Just having a gun is not going to save you, you have to do your part.
Training ,
Practice ,
Practice,
Practice,
That tool is no different than your car if you don't maintain your driving skills they get dull.
If you never bothered to learn to begin with you are a danger to our self an others.
I maintain my practice with Air guns, which have the same shape and action of the real guns they are made to represent.
Cheap to shoot and relatively quiet.
I have taught several people to handle guns and they do very well.
Generally people live in a relatively quiet society ,not much happens, so having a public heads up is almost un heard of.
Generating a healthy lifestyle of security takes some doing ,not assuming.
It's not being fearful ,
it's establishing a kind of routine that you know where your weapon is, and have an actual practiced plan of action especially when it comes to actually putting the gun to work.
If you have been afraid of the gun, you've not practiced enough with it. Practicing all the safety protocols.
My captain taught me not to brandish a gun , you pull it and fire when it comes to that point.
Most times the perp is not going to give you the time to negotiate, especially if they have a weapon. They will bet you will not take action, not believing what is taking place and or are afraid to shoot.
If they have a knife and with in 21 feet, time speed and distance is on their side. you can't draw that fast.
If some one has demonstrated aggression and you are in fear of your life , don't babble , act .
But you can't act, if you haven't developed muscle memory. Training ,practice.
Even policemen die, having not practiced and developed muscle memory, or a warrior mentality.
How you maintain vulnerability is your business .
I just as soon maintain security.

Old 07-05-2015, 10:59 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
What really needs to happen is that San Francisco needs to stop this "sanctuary city" nonsense already. Here you had the city providing sanctuary to a seven-time felon and five-time illegal deportee. Ya think they know about this and come here specifically because of it? Hell yes - dude already said so in his ABC 7 interview that just came out.

Classic example of liberal morons overdoing it. Those bureaucrats who champion this policy have this young woman's blood on their hands. How nice that SF can be a sanctuary for illegal felons from all over North America, but not to a life-long Bay Area resident walking with her family in what should be one of the safest areas of town. People who don't see a problem with this policy have to be deranged.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
What really needs to happen is that San Francisco needs to stop this "sanctuary city" nonsense already. Here you had the city providing sanctuary to a seven-time felon and five-time illegal deportee. Ya think they know about this and come here specifically because of it? Hell yes - dude already said so in his ABC 7 interview that just came out.

Classic example of liberal morons overdoing it. Those bureaucrats who champion this policy have this young woman's blood on their hands. How nice that SF can be a sanctuary for illegal felons from all over North America, but not to a life-long Bay Area resident walking with her family in what should be one of the safest areas of town. People who don't see a problem with this policy have to be deranged.
And don't forget about this guy...you would think they would have learned their lesson.

Slaying suspect once found sanctuary in S.F. | Full Page

Old 07-05-2015, 11:42 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,248,462 times
Dal, we get it, you LOVE SF. How anyone dare say anything bad about this city and its wonderfully overpriced hipster restaurants and shops? (Hayes Valley makes me gag most of the time)

People have differing opinions. They see very different sides of the same city because of their own personal experiences here. I don't really think anyone needs to validate their *feelings* by stating what neighborhoods they used to frequent.

What happened to that girl at the pier is tragic. It's very unsettling for me because my husband and I frequently walk along the water. I now have to switch my thinking; just because there are plenty of people around doesn't mean I'm safe. Had that guy not been released, something like this might never have happened.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:55 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,135,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likealady View Post
Dal, we get it, you LOVE SF. How anyone dare say anything bad about this city and its wonderfully overpriced hipster restaurants and shops? (Hayes Valley makes me gag most of the time)

People have differing opinions. They see very different sides of the same city because of their own personal experiences here. I don't really think anyone needs to validate their *feelings* by stating what neighborhoods they used to frequent.

What happened to that girl at the pier is tragic. It's very unsettling for me because my husband and I frequently walk along the water. I now have to switch my thinking; just because there are plenty of people around doesn't mean I'm safe. Had that guy not been released, something like this might never have happened.
I do love SF, but that has nothing to do with this. For the record, I don't ever go to Hayes Valley and am not necessarily a fan of it, either. I was in that area for the Fillmore Jazz Festival and wanted a quiet place for lunch.

The point was that it was an extremely violent neighborhood in the 70s and 80s and now is not. There are still crimes, sure, even violent ones. But, it's not nearly the dangerous place it once was, regardless of your feelings about "hipster restaurants".

I said this in response to a post that SF crime has gotten worse since the 70s and 80s, made by someone who has never lived here--not then or now. I merely sought to qualify that statement, as the statistics seem to state otherwise.

Yes, the shooting at the pier was tragic. It is one incident that is being politicized (with good and bad points made) though, nothing more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland