Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you leave
Yes 61 57.55%
No 45 42.45%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 05:52 PM

378 posts, read 441,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecki View Post
I am in San Francisco and getting tired of the high cost of living, tired of the grime, tired of the homeless. If I move to the suburbs, I will face a long commute and I find them so dull and boring. Spent a weekend in Mill Valley, and I can't imagine actually living there. I feel so trapped.

So many of my friends have left SF and the Bay Area all together and I feel like I am the only one still here.
This is another one-post from a troll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 06:08 PM

23,533 posts, read 24,022,219 times
I have left (to Southern California, a couple of times), but came back. One day, we will move out and retire, but that day has not come yet.

Old 03-23-2015, 06:13 PM

1,188 posts, read 1,465,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyinCali View Post
I don't get the "if you could" part of the question. Why can't you? .
I know why... because if you're in the tech industry, there is a good chance you are unemployable outside of the Bay Area. You could move to a lower cost state, but you won't get paid as much, and there is a reasonable chance you simply won't find a job at all. That is what happened to me when I moved from SF to Minnesota. I could not find a job for a year, and the job I ended up with pays 1/2 what I made in SF.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:05 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,135,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeinca View Post
This is another one-post from a troll.
Of course it is.

This OP doesn't live in SF. I knew that the moment Mill Valley came up. First off, Mill Valley is hardly a long commute. It's not even out of the question for a bicycle commute (there are people I work with who do exactly this)! Second, nobody who actually lives in San Francisco, or actually knows anything about it, would look at Mill Valley as a cost-savings alternative, as Mill Valley is more expensive than probably 75% of San Francisco.

Try again, OP.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:09 PM

Location: SF Bay Area, aka, Liberal Mecca/wherever DoD sends me to
713 posts, read 1,081,740 times
Yes; i do like the weather and the dynamism of the Bay Area but I don't like the super high cost of living and the Bay getting full of weird bozos. I'll leave in due time. For now, at least I'm in the Tri-Valley and not the boring ****hole that's called the North Bay Area.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:36 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,010,597 times
The cost of living didn't bother me, it was the people.

I moved to Santa Cruz and couldn't be more happy. I'm not a fan of the Bay Area at all.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:07 PM

21,735 posts, read 16,346,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonez765 View Post
the Bay getting full of weird bozos.
When did you first notice this? As I recall you are in your 20's? The Bay has been weirdo central (bless its heart) since Gold Rush Days.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasse View Post
I know why... because if you're in the tech industry, there is a good chance you are unemployable outside of the Bay Area. You could move to a lower cost state, but you won't get paid as much, and there is a reasonable chance you simply won't find a job at all. That is what happened to me when I moved from SF to Minnesota. I could not find a job for a year, and the job I ended up with pays 1/2 what I made in SF.
Well yes. But you get to go ice fishing 9 months a year! Sheesh! Some people are just never happy!

Old 03-23-2015, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post
Of course it is.

This OP doesn't live in SF. I knew that the moment Mill Valley came up. First off, Mill Valley is hardly a long commute. It's not even out of the question for a bicycle commute (there are people I work with who do exactly this)! Second, nobody who actually lives in San Francisco, or actually knows anything about it, would look at Mill Valley as a cost-savings alternative, as Mill Valley is more expensive than probably 75% of San Francisco.

Try again, OP.
Dal - did you vote Yes! or No?

Ok ok. So it's a rhetorical question.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:15 PM

Location: SF Bay Area, aka, Liberal Mecca/wherever DoD sends me to
713 posts, read 1,081,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
When did you first notice this? As I recall you are in your 20's? The Bay has been weirdo central (bless its heart) since Gold Rush Days.
I'm saying weird as in ******* East Coast ******* weird. I don't mind nutty hippies as I find them fun people. What I don't like are cynical ******* east coast types as they tend to be racists and negative about life. The hippy midwestern transplants are fun to get high with on drugs. I have had good times with hippies from the MidWest.

I actually wish the Bay was more hippyish rather than corporatish as it is now, despite me being anti-leftist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland