Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2015, 12:30 AM

1,516 posts, read 1,248,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Being a Yankee, you will never find me even INQUIRING about whether or not I would be accepted in the rural deep South. I have no interest, inclination, or intention of even entertaining the thought of moving there. Likewise, why would in the world would you even consider moving to the bay area?

It's like podunk Sarah Palin inquiring whether or not NYC (or San Francisco) would be a good place for her to move to.
Well that's stupid thinking. So only liberals get to enjoy large metro areas? Not everyone's lives revolve around politics, and while I do believe SF has idiots running it from time to time, daily life is pretty decent. I hate the obliviousness and rude attitudes of people here (lacking basic manners) at times, but I'm not going to move away from here because I disagree with their behavior. There's room for people from various backgrounds and ideologies here, it's what makes things interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2015, 12:42 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
There are only two reasons for threads like this and both are sad. Good luck with yourself OP, hope you find meaning to life outside forums.

Old 04-04-2015, 12:45 AM

Location: Simi Valley, California - which was once part of the USA
350 posts, read 537,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
There are only two reasons for threads like this and both are sad. Good luck with yourself OP, hope you find meaning to life outside forums.
I have a meaning of my life, I am just looking for advice..this is the internet.

Old 04-04-2015, 01:00 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSanDimas View Post
There is nowhere in the state besides maybe Ridgecrest or Oildale where the elected officials represent my views, it's frustrating to be voiceless. And even if I lived there, I would still be subject to Sacramento which again doesn't represent me.

Yeah I resent people who weren't born here telling me to leave when my family has been here for over a century.

I'll always love the land, but by the time I was born the California I loved was in its death throws. The downhill started with the hippies, the SDS, the gays in the Castro in SF and Oakland and Berkeley in the 60s, and their ideals attracted people from around the country who thought similar to them who slowly spread throughout the state...then the amnesty in the 80s, then the Northridge quake. By the time the valley was rebuilt, California had died.

I wish I had a time machine so bad, so I could go back to maybe post war Los Angeles..1950. I've seen pictures and heard stories, was a perfect and beautiful place. The streets were safe, there was jobs for everyone, everyone spoke english, orange groves carpeted the OC and Americans worked in the packing houses, so many other things were just so much better, cleaner, nicer. We were top for education. This was a place to be proud to be from. Back then, if you were out of state and you told someone you were from California, they thought of sun, farms, and the American Dream...now when you say where you're from, you get asked, "so is it really all illegals?" "Have you ever seen a drive by?"

I'm gonna stop now, I've actually started to tear up. I'm going to log off now and go for a drive or something. Have yourself a good night.
AAUGHH! I can't stand your spelling errors anymore! Please proofread your posts. It's "death THROES".

Sacramento represents you well enough every 4 to 8 years. Just wait it out. Get into the right community out there, and you'll have a Repub representative. Weren't you looking at Lafayette, Orinda, Walnut Creek? Those should be a perfect fit. I don't know what all the rest of this verbiage is for, if we already found you some workable options.

If you don't want to be subject to Sacramento at all, why are you even considering California? The more you post, the more you start to contradict yourself and not make sense. It sounds like CA isn't for you. I'm not sure why you even posted here.

Old 04-04-2015, 01:04 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times
Quote:
There is nowhere in the state besides maybe Ridgecrest or Oildale where the elected officials represent my views, it's frustrating to be voiceless. And even if I lived there, I would still be subject to Sacramento which again doesn't represent me.

Yeah I resent people who weren't born here telling me to leave when my family has been here for over a century.

I'll always love the land, but by the time I was born the California I loved was in its death throws. The downhill started with the hippies, the SDS, the gays in the Castro in SF and Oakland and Berkeley in the 60s, and their ideals attracted people from around the country who thought similar to them who slowly spread throughout the state...then the amnesty in the 80s, then the Northridge quake. By the time the valley was rebuilt, California had died.

I wish I had a time machine so bad, so I could go back to maybe post war Los Angeles..1950. I've seen pictures and heard stories, was a perfect and beautiful place. The streets were safe, there was jobs for everyone, everyone spoke english, orange groves carpeted the OC and Americans worked in the packing houses, so many other things were just so much better, cleaner, nicer. We were top for education. This was a place to be proud to be from. Back then, if you were out of state and you told someone you were from California, they thought of sun, farms, and the American Dream...now when you say where you're from, you get asked, "so is it really all illegals?" "Have you ever seen a drive by?"

I'm gonna stop now, I've actually started to tear up. I'm going to log off now and go for a drive or something. Have yourself a good night.
Dude, nobody asks this. You haven't taken the advice here, your posts are getting more and more trollish, as if that's the only reason you started your thread. I call bogus thread, bogus topic.

Old 04-04-2015, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
AAUGHH! I can't stand your spelling errors anymore! Please proofread your posts. It's "death THROES".

Sacramento represents you well enough every 4 to 8 years. Just wait it out. Get into the right community out there, and you'll have a Repub representative. Weren't you looking at Lafayette, Orinda, Walnut Creek? Those should be a perfect fit. I don't know what all the rest of this verbiage is for, if we already found you some workable options.

If you don't want to be subject to Sacramento at all, why are you even considering California? The more you post, the more you start to contradict yourself and not make sense. It sounds like CA isn't for you. I'm not sure why you even posted here.
Because I was asking if it was really as militant as they say...

CONSIDERING CALIFORNIA?

I live in California, my whole life. San Dimas, 0-17, Calimesa 17-18, Simi Valley 18-present

It's not a matter of considering. I live here. This is my state. I go to school here. I have paid taxes here. My parents owned a business here.

Old 04-04-2015, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Dude, nobody asks this. You haven't taken the advice here, your posts are getting more and more trollish, as if that's the only reason you started your thread. I call bogus thread, bogus topic.
The thread wasn't about me actively moving to Frisco dude, I was trying to see the opinion of my neighbors to the north...and yeah people do actually ask that, when I was in NYC suburbs (Staten Island) visiting someone, I met someone and they asked exactly that. I was half embarrassed half plain sad.

How am I trolling, the discussion has gotten off topic yes but this is a discussion board and we are discussing

Old 04-04-2015, 01:19 AM

6,416 posts, read 8,278,655 times
Quote:
How is Raleigh? Would a conservative feel out of place there? What about Asheville? It looks so pretty but it just seems to wierd there with the protesting and the wiccans and the drum circles
Raleigh is an odd place. You have a huge influx of 'Yankees' from PA/NJ/OH/etc, nerds thinking RTP is Silicon Valley 2.0, a pretty substantial 'good ole boys' network, and lots of other people who are there for very specific reasons (college, government jobs, natives, etc). It has its charms and nice areas, but it was not a place I wanted to live. I haven't been back in about 10 years, so maybe things have changed, but I couldn't wait to leave. For NC, it skewed somewhat 'liberal', but nowhere near the level of Chapel Hill or Asheville. Quite frankly, the redneck: intellectual ratio seemed about 1:1. If you're there for a tech/gov't job, nobody is going to blink if you are an outspoken Christian, so you'd probably be fine.

Asheville is very, very similar to Berkeley, but instead of brown people contributing to the diverse landscape, you have rednecks and retirees. It's a charming place to visit, and many people stay and make a life for themselves after just one visit, but it's still way too small and provincial for me to ever want to live there.

Old 04-04-2015, 10:16 AM

6,416 posts, read 8,278,655 times
Quote:
This was a place to be proud to be from. Back then, if you were out of state and you told someone you were from California, they thought of sun, farms, and the American Dream...now when you say where you're from, you get asked, "so is it really all illegals?" "Have you ever seen a drive by?"

I'm gonna stop now, I've actually started to tear up. I'm going to log off now and go for a drive or something. Have yourself a good night
oh FFS

Old 04-04-2015, 12:55 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Because I was asking if it was really as militant as they say...

CONSIDERING CALIFORNIA?

I live in California, my whole life. San Dimas, 0-17, Calimesa 17-18, Simi Valley 18-present

It's not a matter of considering. I live here. This is my state. I go to school here. I have paid taxes here. My parents owned a business here.
OK, so then, make your peace with Sacramento. You've been subject to Sac'to all your life, so far.

No, it's not as militant as people say. There's room for everyone in the Bay Area. There always has been, as I've pointed out in an earlier post or two. So, now you know.

/thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland