Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 12:47 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times

Advertisements

Go to GGU. It seems to be the best fit for your situation and finances. You'll be right in the city, close to everything, no need for a car, low living expenses, and women are everywhere. You should be able to meet them, if you can pry them away from their phones.

USC has the name, but if the GGU program you're interested in is ranked higher, why consider it? Depending on where you did your undergrad, you may not need the USC name to boost you once you head back east.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2015, 03:03 AM

3,244 posts, read 6,300,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spsone07 View Post
Also, i am currently single and having a hard time meeting women in suburban Connecticut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spsone07 View Post
So why would I pay more money to have an USC degree if my goal is to get into the Big 4.
USC has gorgeous women!

https://www.google.com/search?q=USC+...w=1366&bih=663

Old 04-03-2015, 11:01 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Go to GGU. It seems to be the best fit for your situation and finances. You'll be right in the city, close to everything, no need for a car, low living expenses, and women are everywhere. You should be able to meet them, if you can pry them away from their phones.

USC has the name, but if the GGU program you're interested in is ranked higher, why consider it? Depending on where you did your undergrad, you may not need the USC name to boost you once you head back east.
I agree, and GGU is quite creative at giving you a few credits (you pay tuition for them of course) for past coursework or job experience.

Old 04-03-2015, 10:42 PM

8 posts, read 13,953 times
Thank you for your input. This decision would be easy if money is an issue. But I am definitely considering all possible options when making this next decision.

Old 04-03-2015, 11:44 PM

1,156 posts, read 987,210 times
Quote:

Yes there are no women at USC.... Seriously. No one back east will have heard about Golden Gate University. I don't know anyone in the Big 4 that went to GGU, but will take your word for it. If you want to live in the East then I would go to an East Coast school.

Old 04-04-2015, 01:22 AM

6,416 posts, read 8,278,655 times
Quote:

Is this a joke? LOLOLOLOLOLOL if so.

Old 04-04-2015, 03:32 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR95 View Post
Yes there are no women at USC.... Seriously.
Well, the University of Spoiled Children definitely has its drawbacks, but that ain't one of them. Unless you mean "there are no women, only OMG! girls."

Anybody care to assess the environment when one strays, oh, a block away from campus? Better Get Hard!

Old 04-09-2015, 12:10 AM

79 posts, read 150,901 times
First off let me say I went back to school for accounting and I'm just finishing up my last semester at University of San Francisco. I was hired by one of the Big 4 for an audit position that starts at the end of summer.

DO NOT GO TO GGU!

Pick either SJSU or USC. Both those school offer recruiting for accounting firms which is really the only way you will get a job in the accounting world. GGU doesn't have the recruiting the other two school do which I can't stress enough how important that is.

If I had a choice between the two then I would choose USC simply because I much prefer SoCal and because cost of living will be cheaper. Not to mention the future networking opportunities. The social life at USC is going to be far better and the women way better looking than at the other two colleges. Also, I would think San Jose would be a boring place to live compared to LA. If the debt is a real issue which I completely understand then I would pick SJSU.

Old 04-09-2015, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Is this a joke? LOLOLOLOLOLOL if so.
No, it's not a joke.

Based on the criteria that the OP said was most important, GGU seems to be the better fit.

Do you have anything substantive to add to aid the OP in his decision, or are you more focused on nitpicking the posts of others?

Old 04-09-2015, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR95 View Post
Yes there are no women at USC.... Seriously. No one back east will have heard about Golden Gate University. I don't know anyone in the Big 4 that went to GGU, but will take your word for it. If you want to live in the East then I would go to an East Coast school.
Did I say there were no beautiful women at USC? Seriously.

How do you know that no one back east has heard of GGU, specifically for accounting?

Just because YOU haven't heard of anyone in the "Big 4" who went to GGU, doesn't mean they don't exist. I'm assuming that the OP knows a lot more about this than you do.

The OP also didn't ask about east coast schools, so why mention them?

...and don't you forget it either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland