Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 02:18 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times

Advertisements

Stop whining and do something about it. I'm moving out of my place in about 60 days, with the rent increase and utilities I will be just short of $1000 a month. Yeah they redid the exterior of the building and we got new windows and sliding doors along with some politically correct "green" recycling set up for our trash but I am not going to gain from this. I don't give a ripping rats arse if the owner has to make the money back they're not taking it out of my hide.

What they lose is a tenant who pays rent on time doesn't cause problems and doesn't tear up the apartment. What do I get by leaving? More money in the pocket. An easier commute.

Make no mistake. I think this market crap is bullchit but but I can deal with it. If people are really pissed and tired of being kicked around maybe it's time to do something about it like paying city hall a visit and letting them know who's boss.

This is America, be prepared to take a bullet too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2015, 02:31 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
I also came to this realization after moving here. I was fortunate to have lived the majority of my life in a place that was neither too far to the left or right.

Extremism for any ideology is dangerous.
I agree 100%

Extremism on any side is dangerous.

Old 04-04-2015, 03:13 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,836,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I agree 100%

Extremism on any side is dangerous.
Especially when one of the two major political parties allows their extreme to take over the whole damn thing.

Old 04-04-2015, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Especially when one of the two major political parties allows their extreme to take over the whole damn thing.
Not true, Romney was quite moderate, especially for a Republican. The Tea Party does not make up the majority of Republican politicians or voters.

Old 04-04-2015, 04:37 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,273,283 times
Small, but vocal minorities have a funny way of drowning out their quieter counterparts closer to the center.

Old 04-04-2015, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Not true, Romney was quite moderate, especially for a Republican. The Tea Party does not make up the majority of Republican politicians or voters.
The moderates went into hiding long ago, tail between legs. Tea Party yells a lot louder, and since that's what the "base" understands, TP dominates. Any surprise Ted Cruz is the 'Pubs first presidential candidate to declare? Winning!

Old 04-04-2015, 08:25 PM

Quote:
The moderates went into hiding long ago, tail between legs. Tea Party yells a lot louder, and since that's what the "base" understands, TP dominates. Any surprise Ted Cruz is the 'Pubs first presidential candidate to declare? Winning!
So vocal minorities make up the majority?

In that case I wouldn't vote in any election because I hate the Tea Party who are the most vocal Reps and I hate the 99% wall street protesters whp are the most vocal Dems.

Honestly, I thought people were smart enough to think on their own and do their own research instead of listening to the yelling idiots on the media. I guess there are people who don't think for themselves and just go with whatever they hear on the news.

Old 04-04-2015, 09:01 PM

Quote:
So vocal minorities make up the majority?

In that case I wouldn't vote in any election because I hate the Tea Party who are the most vocal Reps and I hate the 99% wall street protesters whp are the most vocal Dems.

Honestly, I thought people were smart enough to think on their own and do their own research instead of listening to the yelling idiots on the media. I guess there are people who don't think for themselves and just go with whatever they hear on the news.
Fox News is squarely aimed at flyover and the South for this reason. It works. Makes people think they have friend who agrees with them, so they vote as instructed. Doesn't work so well in CA, especially in the Bay Area, thus, they hate us. Oh well, can't please everybody.

Old 04-04-2015, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Fox News is squarely aimed at flyover and the South for this reason. It works. Makes people think they have friend who agrees with them, so they vote as instructed. Doesn't work so well in CA, especially in the Bay Area, thus, they hate us. Oh well, can't please everybody.
That's the problem I see in the US. News used to be more about reporting the news, now most air time is given to opinionated hosts that spin it. There are far right and far left "news" organizations and people just watch the one that agrees with them, which further divides us. If you only hear one side, odds are you won't learn anything and can easily be manipulated or brainwashed.

Old 04-04-2015, 09:44 PM

Quote:
That's the problem I see in the US. News used to be more about reporting the news, now most air time is given to opinionated hosts that spin it. There are far right and far left "news" organizations and people just watch the one that agrees with them, which further divides us. If you only hear one side, odds are you won't learn anything and can easily be manipulated or brainwashed.
People fear the unknown. Cutting themselves off from views other than their own results in a circumstance akin to residing in a cult. No opposing views to consider fails to challenge the efficacy of one's beliefs, so one may be summarily led astray from rhyme or reason, drunk on feeling good instead of possibly experiencing any discomfort in pursuit of truth.

As demonstrated by a lot of posts in these forums, CA is an unknown that is targeted by hucksters who throw meat to the dogs who know little about the place (not everybody here is a communist, for example). But oh, can they bark! Which is more fun than actually making a point, of course.
Arf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland