Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 04:04 PM

308 posts, read 467,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
And people are acting like a-holes online, and in Oakland, not a shock!
Nice way to get the slam in on Oakland at the same time your dissing someone else for being an "a-hole". Hypocrisy no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 05:25 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,008,662 times
if you called Jesus "jesus" to his face he would probably say (in aramaic) my name is "Yeshua", who is this jesus that you speak of?"

Going back to your original post, You would be accepted everywhere... just don't be a jerk on letting your personal views of how you should live, affect the personal lives of how others should live (and that goes across the board)

Old 04-18-2015, 01:46 PM

474 posts, read 530,996 times
This thread in a nutshell (but substituting gay for atheist):
http://www.demotivationalposters.org...1227843059.gif
Feel free to skip the Bay Area, OP. Topeka, Kansas welcomes you with open arms.

Old 04-19-2015, 01:45 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
This is a spin on the "Gay friendly" threads that we always see. I have heard that there can be some open heterophobic hostility to openly straight, and more specifically Christian Conservatives in the bay area. Is this true, or just a rumor? Where in the bay area would a family who believed in traditional marriage be accepted? Thanks
Lol what, the entire country isn't enough room for you to hate?

I make that assumption about you because I have never seen hostility towards traditional couples otherwise.

Nor have I experienced it -- being half of one.

Old 04-20-2015, 05:00 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
San Francisco. I personally know of a number of happy heterosexual couples there. Haven't heard any complaints. One couple got a civil union there, another got married*.

*in a science fiction bookstore

Old 05-11-2015, 09:51 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Why on earth are people surprised or offended when others call them out on their bigotry? Mind boggling.
Because you're using "bigotry" to combat "bigotry". And the fact that your ironic hypocrisy is lost on you is mind boggling. You're only tolerant to people that think like you do; there's no nobility in that whatsoever.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:54 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentobox34 View Post
The idea that there is a city anywhere in the Bay Area or the rest of the world that is not "straight friendly" is beyond absurd. I don't even know what "straight friendly" means.
I clarified my comments very early on. Is there an area in the Bay area that is accepting of conservative Christians who do not believe that the word marriage needs to be redefined to include homosexuals? If the posts in this thread are an indication of the populous of that area at large, than the answer is a definitive "no".

Old 05-12-2015, 09:36 AM

6,416 posts, read 8,278,655 times
Quote:
Because you're using "bigotry" to combat "bigotry". And the fact that your ironic hypocrisy is lost on you is mind boggling. You're only tolerant to people that think like you do; there's no nobility in that whatsoever.
Sorry sweetheart, but not tolerating ignorance is a GOOD thing. It's how society progresses. Cling to religious beliefs all you want, but they are rooted in logical fallacies. I see you are bored, which is why you're bumping this thread. I suggest you either read your Bible more carefully and practice Christian principles, OR read it more carefully to see how many glaring contradictions are found in it. Either way, it'll give you something more productive to do than troll people on a message board on the opposite side of the country.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:24 AM

3,980 posts, read 8,988,712 times
Quote:
Move along now. This thread was thankfully DEAD and there was no need for you to dig it up again. Find something else to do with your time rather than pine for more negative attention for yourself and your sad and regressive ideology.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:50 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,318,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
Move along now. This thread was thankfully DEAD and there was no need for you to dig it up again. Find something else to do with your time rather than pine for more negative attention for yourself and your sad and regressive ideology.
Yet you chose to respond....Why not just ignore the OP and the entire thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland