Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 08:56 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times

Advertisements

Vallejo - Glencove

Glencove is very close to Benicia and is a nice area, here are a few homes:

Vista Del Mar Glencove HOA https://www.redfin.com/CA/Vallejo/Un...1/home/2328240

Glencove on a 10k sq ft lot https://www.redfin.com/CA/Vallejo/15...1/home/2326061

Benicia

Not much of an inventory, and as you can see by the one that Ruth4Truth posted and this one the price per sq ft is higher, but the homes will probably appreciate faster than those in Glencove just because of the Benicia zipcode
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Benicia/20...0/home/2369792

550k maybe too far above your target price https://www.redfin.com/CA/Benicia/12...0/home/2361161

I can't find one home for sale on Mare Island, they built some beautiful homes there a few years ago but people must really like them because there are none for sale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 10:55 PM

29 posts, read 59,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koor View Post
Sorry I know this has been asked before but a lot of the post are old. So I'm moving back to Cali from the NW, I'm over the weather here. I have 500K budgeted for a house. It'll be me the wife and our 18 yr old son. I really wanted to go to Napa, seems to be a lot greener than the other areas, not just the brown rolling hills. Unfortunately 500K does not get much, the wife wants a pool. So I'm considering Vacaville because I can get more bang for my buck. I thought Napa, Benicia, and lastly Vacaville. I'm looking at places in Vacaville off of N. Orchard Ave and Fruitvale Rd. Can anyone out there give me some insight on that area of town. Also I'm worried that if I buy in Vacaville that I might have a hard time selling down the road, unlike Napa.
Benicia is nice but can be expensive and the oil refineries Valero in Benicia and Shell right next door in Martinez would bother me I've worked in both and from that knowledge I wouldn't want to live in those towns or have my family live there. I like Napa a lot but not a very balanced place with very wealthy Vinyard owners and the struggling field workers sometimes racism and resentment from both sides. Vacaville the area you mention is pretty desirable by those who know the town. My friends mother who is a real estate agent and really knows the Vacaville market lives in that area. All so my brother bought a home in that area about a year ago or a little less. He got a nice two story with pool for 400k. Him and his family love it there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland