Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it underated
Yes 14 34.15%
No 27 65.85%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 03:30 PM

3,244 posts, read 6,298,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
The nicer parts of the outer East bay are separated from Oakland, Richmond, and Antioch by Hills.
I consider the hills one of the biggest problems of the outer east bay and they are one of the many reasons I would never ever consider living there. There are huge traffic bottlenecks on the freeways there because of the hills and the lack of other roads. Since there are very few alternate routes the poor residents of the outer east bay are doomed to suffer daily traffic jams if they have to commute. For example try driving from Pleasanton to Fremont without taking the jammed freeway-the only other way is highway 84. The only decent alternate route out of the outer east bay is Crow Canyon Rd. from San Ramon to Castro Valley.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2015, 03:58 PM

4,031 posts, read 4,462,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeinca View Post
i assure you people live in Mill Valley are not depressed. Have you checked their property value? depressing? lol.
I stayed there in the Summer and it was 60 degrees and overcast. The swimming pool at the hotel was ice cold. No one even used it.

Old 07-17-2015, 04:00 PM

4,031 posts, read 4,462,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
I consider the hills one of the biggest problems of the outer east bay and they are one of the many reasons I would never ever consider living there. There are huge traffic bottlenecks on the freeways there because of the hills and the lack of other roads. Since there are very few alternate routes the poor residents of the outer east bay are doomed to suffer daily traffic jams if they have to commute. For example try driving from Pleasanton to Fremont without taking the jammed freeway-the only other way is highway 84. The only decent alternate route out of the outer east bay is Crow Canyon Rd. from San Ramon to Castro Valley.
LA basin is flat and has the worst tragic. You drive 2 hours from Santa Monica to San Bernadino and it's nothing but flat sprawl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland