U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-20-2008, 07:47 PM

3 posts, read 5,341 times
Exclamation Please help,working in Pittsburg, where to live?

I have got a job in Pittsburg, I have a rent budget of $1000-$1300. I was considering Concord to live but I find some hard time to have a two bedroom apartment in a safe complex. Should I go to a one bedroom in Walnut Creek or Pleasant hill to assure safety? Any suggestions for safe and nice complexes in Concord?

I would prefer not more than 30 minutes commute, but I would accept longer commute if safety is an issue.

What about Tracy, Stockton, Fairfield or Lodi, What is the actual commute time from these cities to Pittsburg? I am married, having two years old kid and would really appreciate any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2008, 11:15 PM

13,506 posts, read 24,647,711 times
Somewhere near the Pleasant Hill Bart Station might be convenient depending on where in Pittsburg you will be working.

I had a home in the older Central Edition part of Pittsburg... my neighbors were nice enough, but I had trouble with break ins when the home was empty.

Walnut Creek is certainly more expensive and the rents in Pleasant Hill have increased with all the new retail development that has gone in.

At least you should have a somewhat reverse commute heading to Pittsburg from the Walnut Creek area. I usually avoided the Freeway all together and drove Kirker Pass... for me, it was just as fast and more scenic.

You might also find something to your liking in the newer parts of Martinez...

I recommend anyone having the time should visit a property several times before signing on the dotted line... see how it is on a Friday night, during early morning commute time in addition to when the property manager is showing it.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:05 PM

12 posts, read 27,519 times
I would say the new side of Antioch or Brentwood but going back to Pittsburg is the commute direction. I would recommend Martinez. Close to highway 4, 10 minutes to Pittsburg reverse commute. Pleasant Hill rents are approaching 1500 for a 2 BR apt but nice town. I would check the martinez/pleasant hill border personally. Safest/value/reverse commute. Check apts on Virginia Hills Rd., Mtz...

Old 01-26-2008, 04:41 PM

3 posts, read 5,341 times
Thank you for your comments. They were really helpful. I found a good apartment in the Antioch/Brentwood new area. The commute avoiding HWY/4 is about 25 minutes. I am really gratefull.

Old 01-26-2008, 08:45 PM

463 posts, read 32,645 times
Id second brentwood. Nice little inland town

Old 09-24-2008, 09:19 PM

14 posts, read 61,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beego View Post
I have got a job in Pittsburg, I have a rent budget of $1000-$1300. I was considering Concord to live but I find some hard time to have a two bedroom apartment in a safe complex. Should I go to a one bedroom in Walnut Creek or Pleasant hill to assure safety? Any suggestions for safe and nice complexes in Concord?

I would prefer not more than 30 minutes commute, but I would accept longer commute if safety is an issue.

What about Tracy, Stockton, Fairfield or Lodi, What is the actual commute time from these cities to Pittsburg? I am married, having two years old kid and would really appreciate any suggestions.
move to clayton. they have nice townhomes for rent and u can take kirker pass or bailey to pittsburg. very safe city
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland