U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-21-2008, 07:32 PM

2 posts, read 14,534 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,

I am going to take a new job in Oakland and I am thinking about living in walnut creek. I am also planning to take BART in stead of driving. I looked at BART site and their monthly parking pass for walnut creek and pleasant hill station is sold out. But the site says people can use a daily fee parking which require a $1.00 on weekday.

My question is how terrible is the parking situation in these stations. If the parking is really terrible, I have to live close to those stations and walk. Does anybody want to comment about the parking in these stations specifically and parking situation at BART stations in general? Thanks. oh, btw, i am planning to be at metro station between 6:30-7AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 08:34 PM

463 posts, read 59,536 times
Its all really a gamble. Your hours are peak commuting hours into the bay from the suburbs and chances are parking will be scarce. Some times parking can be scarce even around noon and other times there is alot of space. Your best bet is to get a monthly pass early, get dropped off, or take a local bus to bart or ride a bikeif you want to avoid those problems

Old 01-21-2008, 08:35 PM

14,029 posts, read 25,855,451 times
As I remember, the parking lots really start to fill up around 7 am.

Not to dissuade you... I would be a little concerned about leaving a nice car at BART 5 days a week.

I understand it is better now... at one time there seemed to be a rash of car break-ins in the news...

Old 01-21-2008, 08:51 PM

7,521 posts, read 10,403,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-man View Post
Hi guys,

I am going to take a new job in Oakland and I am thinking about living in walnut creek. I am also planning to take BART in stead of driving. I looked at BART site and their monthly parking pass for walnut creek and pleasant hill station is sold out. But the site says people can use a daily fee parking which require a $1.00 on weekday.

My question is how terrible is the parking situation in these stations. If the parking is really terrible, I have to live close to those stations and walk. Does anybody want to comment about the parking in these stations specifically and parking situation at BART stations in general? Thanks. oh, btw, i am planning to be at metro station between 6:30-7AM.
If you are living in downtown Walnut Creek, there is a free shuttle around town that takes you to BART. Route 104

Downtown WC is very walkable and they are building tons of housing there...

Old 01-21-2008, 09:32 PM

2 posts, read 14,534 times
Thanks everybody for the response,
I will try to find a place close to BART, it was a just this nice place that I found and liked which is a little far from the stations. I will also think about using a bike.....

Old 01-21-2008, 10:53 PM

77 posts, read 327,841 times
Until August of 2006 when he retired, my husband parked at the Pleasant Hill station, arriving around 6:25 am, and he never had trouble finding a free parking space, usually in the parking structure. For many years both of us walked to the station, which is not quite a mile away. At the present time, the Pleasant Hill station has more nearby housing than the Walnut Creek station but, as one poster mentioned, there is a free shuttle downtown(Walnut Creek), although it's range is limited.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:44 PM

10 posts, read 38,947 times
My husband and I both park at the Pleasant Hill BART station on a regular basis. We both drive nicer cars and have had no problems with them being broken into. As long as you get to BART by about 7 to 7:20, you can usually find a parking spot. It is not too long of wait to get a monthly parking pass either. Good luck!

Old 11-18-2008, 02:13 PM

1 posts, read 6,505 times
I started parking at the Ygnacio Center garage right across the street. It's pretty much the same price as Bart and pretty nice. Moderator cut: Advertising

Last edited by gizmo980; 11-19-2008 at 01:58 AM..

Old 11-18-2008, 09:13 PM

183 posts, read 275,503 times
I go to Pleasant Hill bart monday- friday and it tends to get full by 7:45am. Sometimes my mom has to park at North Concord station (because Concord is usually full as well). There is also places to park along the street, but that is usually full too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland