Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2015, 03:35 PM

4 posts, read 3,059 times

Advertisements

Any recommendations for a realtor in East Bay? I need to relocate for a new job and am searching for a place, preferably a one bedroom, with access to a BART. My job is in San Ramon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 09:22 AM

1,454 posts, read 1,943,237 times
you really don't need a realtor here to rent a place (i assume you're from the NE?)

There's lots of places close to BART - check out Walnut Creek has quite a few apts near the BART stop.

what's your budget and what type of area do you prefer? Max commute time on BART?

Old 10-14-2015, 09:37 AM

1,265 posts, read 1,422,970 times
Why do you want to be close to BART?

BART doesn't go to San Ramon. If you're planning to use public transportation for work, Walnut Creek would be a good location - it's rather nice, and they have buses that go directly into the Bishop Ranch area of San Ramon which is where the majority of people work over there. Pleasant Hill would be okay as well, but you're looking at a long-ish commute in the evenings regardless of the method of transport you use. The morning commute isn't that bad, but evening starting around 4pm is pretty awful by the I-680-SR 24 corridor. BART won't help you there, the commute time on BART would be crazy, you'd have to catch BART in Pleasanton and traverse through Oakland with 1-2 transfers to get to Walnut Creek or Pleasant Hill, easily at least 90 minutes one way.

Old 10-14-2015, 05:21 PM

I was planning on driving to San Ramon for work. I would like to be near a BART so I can get into SF easily to explore my new area major city . I am hoping to have around 1600 or so in rent; i know it may be a couple hundred more. My first choice would be Walnut reek, but I am also looking at Hayward.

Last edited by Raynerlantern; 10-14-2015 at 05:36 PM..

Old 10-14-2015, 05:37 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times
Getting something within walking distance to BART in WC is gonna be kind of hard on that budget imo.

Old 10-15-2015, 10:21 AM

675 posts, read 1,190,116 times
I think there are several near the WC BART for around your budget.

Here's one for $1700

One Bedroom & One Bath near Downtown Walnut Creek

Here's one for $1810

BEST location in Walnut Creek!!

Here's another for $1800

Updated 1 bedroom near Downtown! Spacious! Pool!

This one looks really nice for $1600

Great place to live. 2 blocks from downtown

Here's a TINY studio for $1357

Fantastic Studio Apartment Available Now! Walk To Downtown!!

Walnut Creek is my favorite city in the East Bay, lived there for 7 years (1999-2006), and was very close to BART and downtown Walnut Creek, and with a very favorable rent, obviously the prices have gone crazy since I left 9 years ago. But I loved living there, plan to move back when I retire.

Old 10-15-2015, 03:00 PM

Thanks for the apts! I do not mind driving a little ways to catch a BART; I drove to catch the MBTA commuter rail. I would just like to live in a place with easy access to it so I can go explore San Fran on my own and go there when my friends and family visit.

Old 10-16-2015, 12:40 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,495,141 times
This is the agent who helped my daughter find her home in Oakland to buy. She grew up in Oakland and now lives in the Lafayette/Orinda area. Anyway, she really knows the bay area and can possibly help you find a rental. I know she owns some.

Cynthia Speers*|*The Grubb Company Realtors

She's really nice and has good energy and contacts. I really liked her when I went with her and my daughter to look at places. Anyway, I have nothing to gain by referring her. But, I would recommend her to anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland