Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2016, 01:41 PM

98 posts, read 344,663 times

Advertisements

My folks are coming to town and we would like to go out to watch one of the playoff games. Ideal criteria:

- We have a 6 y/o so a place with games/distractions would be ideal
- Maybe a place with some walk-ability before or after the game
- Within 10 miles or so from Alameda (I suspect that opens up Oakland/San Leandro)

Thank you all in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2016, 02:02 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,887,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr aztec View Post
My folks are coming to town and we would like to go out to watch one of the playoff games. Ideal criteria:

- We have a 6 y/o so a place with games/distractions would be ideal
- Maybe a place with some walk-ability before or after the game
- Within 10 miles or so from Alameda (I suspect that opens up Oakland/San Leandro)

Thank you all in advance!
Do you even need to leave Alameda? If you want walkability, Park street would have you covered very well. Plenty of places to go to before/after the game (such as the lovely theater or some ice cream).

Here's a list of places along Park st: Downtown Alameda Business Association - Food & Drink

I used to go to McGees a lot when I lived in Alameda, but I'm not sure if there are many distractions/things set up just for kids to keep the child entertained for very long.

I take it you live in Alameda, though, so perhaps you've already investigated Alameda options...

Old 01-05-2016, 02:15 PM

We will be visiting Park st often this weekend. That is our back up option. But I am new to the area and I thought if there was a place in Piedmont, Oakland proper, Montclair, etc that fit my criteria we would give it a go.

Old 01-05-2016, 02:17 PM

343 posts, read 443,826 times
Plank - Beer Garden. Bowling. Bocce.

Old 01-05-2016, 02:20 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,887,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obamadon1 View Post
That might be a good option. And you'd be right in JLS, and the movie theater is there if you want to see a movie before/after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr aztec View Post
We will be visiting Park st often this weekend. That is our back up option. But I am new to the area and I thought if there was a place in Piedmont, Oakland proper, Montclair, etc that fit my criteria we would give it a go.
I see now. Well, I'd see if any of the places on Park st. would satisfy what you're going for before looking to hard elsewhere since it's so close and convenient. Although the place above might be a decent option (bowling is a good distraction for the kid).

Old 01-05-2016, 05:42 PM

295 posts, read 460,328 times
I second Plank. Great atmosphere the food is decent. There is an arcade area and bowling as well as LOTS of tvs indoor and outdoor plus being right in the square means the kids can burn off energy running around before or after the game. Plank really hits everything on your list.

Old 01-05-2016, 05:56 PM

Awesome, thank you all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland