Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 10:17 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyforlife99 View Post
I'm sure they were as far as some of the financial aspects. Whether or not they are saying it in regards to the rudeness, snootiness, and lack of a soul is debatable. It is the town I grew up in, so YES, it is my town (sorry if that bothers you). That's called being a native.

Native: adjective

1. being the place or environment in which a person was born or a thing came into being:
one's native land.

2. belonging to a person by birth or to a thing by nature; inherent:
No, it's not your town. If you really think that you must have a pretty low IQ. No wonder you can't afford to live there anymore.

Old 01-13-2016, 10:53 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
What I find in working with millennials and comparing this tech boom with the last is a difference in mindset. The gen x-ers still realized they had tomwirkmtheir way up and thought they were cashing in on a good yet unrealistic opportunity. No one believed their lofty job titles translated into a ton of experience.

Today's millennials, if they land in the right company and get promoted have a more know it all attitude and think their titles are proof they are experienced. They are less apt to think they need to work their way up, they think success and advancement is a given, not earned. In essence more entitled with little substance to back it up. They don't appreciate how good they have it and the opportunity that was essentially unearned.

Combine irrational confidence with arrogance and you end up with seemingly poor attitudes.

Last edited by jade408; 01-13-2016 at 11:38 PM..

Old 01-13-2016, 11:14 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post

Today's millennials, if they land in the right company and get pro,other have a more know it all attitude and think their titles are proof they are experienced. They are less apt to think they need to work their way up, they think success and advancement is a given, not earned. In essence more entitled with little substance to back it up. They don't appreciate how good they have it and the opportunity that was essentially unearned.
100% agreed.

Old 01-14-2016, 01:15 AM

457 posts, read 756,716 times
This thread is the epitome of "first world problems". SF is expensive - go live in Tracey or Stockton. There are MUCH bigger issues to deal with in this world, such as poverty and wars and hunger. SF being expensive is not worth whining.

Old 01-14-2016, 01:16 AM

457 posts, read 756,716 times
"This generation is so lazy and entitled and they don't know how good they have it" - said every generation about the next

Old 01-14-2016, 04:44 AM

1,099 posts, read 901,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
No, it's not your town. If you really think that you must have a pretty low IQ. No wonder you can't afford to live there anymore.
Like I said, sorry if that bothers you. Feel free to keep up the Ad Hominems. I find them amusing. Your comprehension skills are lacking also since I never said I can't afford to live here any more. However, I will be choosing not to live here in the next couple of years and in all likelihood rent out our home to one of the responsible Millennials (or maybe we'll cash out...we're still deciding that).

Old 01-14-2016, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
What point are you even making here? That people in SF have to spend a large percentage of their income on rent? OK...but that's not what we're discussing.
The comment says nothing about rent. It says "mortgage". Let's read it again together....

Noah Berger | Bloomberg.
San Francisco residents can expect to spend 40.6 percent of their income on a monthly mortgage payment, a new analysis from housing tracker Zillow (NASDAQ: Z) said Tuesday.Nov 10, 2015

Please show me where it says rent

Last edited by bodyforlife99; 01-14-2016 at 04:59 AM..

Old 01-14-2016, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
So wait...I said this exact same thing a few pages back, and you said I was generalizing. But yet, here you are saying the exact same thing. Your arguments are all over the place.
Not at all. I find it hilarious that someone would cherry pick the 60's, the craziest decade in the last 100 years as proof.

Old 01-14-2016, 05:51 AM

64 posts, read 83,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post

That's a terribly mean thing to say. I believe the OP said they have lived here since childhood, or 50 years? Owns property, pays taxes? At what point having been here most of one's life and being part of the infrastructure can one call themselves native?

I got news for you. NO ONE who has been here since the 60's or 70's can afford to live here anymore. We've simply been priced out. Inflation has taken over. No need to be insulting.

Last edited by Cozy&Mommy; 01-14-2016 at 06:00 AM..

Old 01-14-2016, 09:20 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozy&Mommy View Post
That's a terribly mean thing to say. I believe the OP said they have lived here since childhood, or 50 years? Owns property, pays taxes? At what point having been here most of one's life and being part of the infrastructure can one call themselves native?

I got news for you. NO ONE who has been here since the 60's or 70's can afford to live here anymore. We've simply been priced out. Inflation has taken over. No need to be insulting.
Is your skin paper thin? I haven't been called mean since maybe 2nd grade lol.

Each generation builds its own culture, to cherry pick and say, NOPE only those who grew up in SF during the 1960's can claim SF as their own. Those who grew up in the 1920's, 1940's, 1990's... doesn't matter, only I matter and I grew up in the 1960's, which was the only legitimate time anyone can claim. It sounds incredibly stupid, I hope that doesn't make you want to cry, I'll try to be more PC next time I talk to you and we can hold hands and sing the I love you song afterwards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland