Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 07:37 PM

52 posts, read 71,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
Ok, that really helps to know that is a priority for you. You might not need to stretch your budget though if you are OK taking public transit into work.
Public transport won't be a problem, I see that there is a listing for Lumina available, it's a condo I'm aware, what are your guys thoughts? Talking to the agent about lowering the rent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2016, 07:53 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,794,763 times
LUMINA Residences this ?
Location is good in regard to your job, if you like a modern bldg., then it might be for you.....providing you can fit it into your budget. Relatively safe area. But, some homeless and dodgy looking characters may occasionally wander into the area.

Old 04-23-2016, 09:01 PM

Quote:
LUMINA Residences this ?
Location is good in regard to your job, if you like a modern bldg., then it might be for you.....providing you can fit it into your budget. Relatively safe area. But, some homeless and dodgy looking characters may occasionally wander into the area.
But over-all it is very safe? And yes, that link is correct.

Old 04-23-2016, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasaab View Post
It's generally considered a safe area. You may occasionally see some homeless/street transient wandering around the area. That is something you will see a lot off in SF. There is a sizable homeless population and a % of them seem to have drug/alcohol problems and/or serious mental health issues, some are young thuggish types living a transient lifestyle. But, don't take the preceding sentence to mean that all homeless fit into that these categories, they do not.

Those condos you are interested in are not all that far from a rather easy to pass by and miss area area known as South Park. Nice area to take a weekend stroll to, perhaps have lunch/brunch, browse the shops or just relax in the oval park in the center.

Use google st view link below to explore South Park

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.7821...8i6656!6m1!1e1

http://southparkcafe.com/

Old 04-24-2016, 01:44 AM

2,416 posts, read 2,012,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasaab View Post
I don't know what your expectations are but nowhere in central San Francisco is 'very safe'. That said you could live here - as many do for decades and never have a substantial problem. As good as SOMA is - I like a lot of the no there there of swaths of the SOM area - the quiet streets can be a problem. It isn't that they're necessarily full of bad people, but unlike a crowded street if you do happen to run into the wrong crew there's less recourse.

Old 04-24-2016, 09:08 AM

Go to a website called crime mapping, enter the address of the condos and see for yourself, compare that with the address of the apt bldg on California St in the Inner Richmond Dist, I referenced in a earlier posting here

Old 04-24-2016, 11:11 AM

176 posts, read 217,653 times
While there are definitely parts SF that are family friendly and fairly safe, many of which have been suggested, I would also look at the east bay on your budget, in areas that are either close to BART or close to a transbay bus route. I saw some parts of Oakland recommended, and there are definitely neighborhoods that would work for the OP's commute. If OP is worried about crime and homeless people, what about Emeryville? It's a little sterile, but about 20 minutes away from downtown via bus, and 3,000 would get either a nice bedroom or maybe even a 2 bedroom in a modern apartment building.

Old 04-24-2016, 11:27 AM

I would like to remain close to downtown, after doing a lot of research, I have considered to stretch my budget around $~3600, my main focus would be to have a place near work (willing to take public trans), safe area, not around homeless people, little to barely any crime rate, family friendly, area. I know it's a lot but with a baby on the way, I want to be safe as possible to be honest.

Old 04-24-2016, 11:39 AM

Have you been to SF before?

Old 04-24-2016, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Have you been to SF before?
Unfortunately, no I have not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland