Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 11:16 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasserbbk View Post
Yes, because listening to people's views distract focus

A lot of friends have different opinions and this complicates things but really began to focus on optional

What you said to you is excellent because I did not know the existence of organizations because the more friends who studied there they do not, they just

They go to markets, clubs and beaches

But this idea will keep it at the forefront of what will I do there
I'm glad you posted this, because honestly, I've been a little confused lately about what it is you're looking for. When you first began posting here, you said you were looking for a certain type of woman. More recently, it has seemed that you're not interested in anything serious, you're just looking to have fun. So I thought my advice has been all wrong. You seem to think it will be easy to find the right person and gain their interest. Perhaps your friends have given you the wrong idea? Maybe you're a different person from them, so it won't be so easy for you to find the special thing you're looking for? Or maybe I'm wrong. I have no idea, at this point in the conversation.

But as for beaches, the beaches in northern California are different than southern CA beaches. San Francisco's beach attracts mostly families, people taking quiet walks alone, and couples or friends enjoying the fresh air, the ocean, nature. It's not a good beach for swimming, and there isn't the sort of party atmosphere that there is in LA. This is because the water is very cold. If you want to enjoy the type of beaches your friends have told you about, you'll have to go to LA for some holiday weekends.

As for nightclubs, some people on this forum have said that the nightlife in SF isn't very good, and that it's better in Berkeley and Oakland. But this depends on what you want and who you are. For you (?), SF could be better. Because in the neighborhood where you'll be staying, and downtown, there are some luxury hotels that have clubs that might be to your interest (whatever those interests are.... I no longer know).

But I think that if you want to be smart about how you go about finding someone, it would help to think about where to find people who have an interest in your country, culture, region. It kind of makes sense, doesn't it, to narrow your aim in that way, rather than just picking random people from the public and hoping they'll be open toward you, if you see what I mean. So, for example, students of Near Eastern languages and Near Eastern area studies would be a logical group of people to become acquainted with. So, one might look at university programs of this nature to see if they offer lectures or other events for the public. This would work best once you're in a university yourself, but there's no reason you couldn't start before then. This type of targeted approach, though, will take longer than simply going to a beach or club and waving money around or trying to talk to strangers.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 07-31-2016 at 11:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2016, 12:12 PM

95 posts, read 82,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'm glad you posted this, because honestly, I've been a little confused lately about what it is you're looking for. When you first began posting here, you said you were looking for a certain type of woman. More recently, it has seemed that you're not interested in anything serious, you're just looking to have fun. So I thought my advice has been all wrong. You seem to think it will be easy to find the right person and gain their interest. Perhaps your friends have given you the wrong idea? Maybe you're a different person from them, so it won't be so easy for you to find the special thing you're looking for? Or maybe I'm wrong. I have no idea, at this point in the conversation.

But as for beaches, the beaches in northern California are different than southern CA beaches. San Francisco's beach attracts mostly families, people taking quiet walks alone, and couples or friends enjoying the fresh air, the ocean, nature. It's not a good beach for swimming, and there isn't the sort of party atmosphere that there is in LA. This is because the water is very cold. If you want to enjoy the type of beaches your friends have told you about, you'll have to go to LA for some holiday weekends.

As for nightclubs, some people on this forum have said that the nightlife in SF isn't very good, and that it's better in Berkeley and Oakland. But this depends on what you want and who you are. For you (?), SF could be better. Because in the neighborhood where you'll be staying, and downtown, there are some luxury hotels that have clubs that might be to your interest (whatever those interests are.... I no longer know).

But I think that if you want to be smart about how you go about finding someone, it would help to think about where to find people who have an interest in your country, culture, region. It kind of makes sense, doesn't it, to narrow your aim in that way, rather than just picking random people from the public and hoping they'll be open toward you, if you see what I mean. So, for example, students of Near Eastern languages and Near Eastern area studies would be a logical group of people to become acquainted with. So, one might look at university programs of this nature to see if they offer lectures or other events for the public. This would work best once you're in a university yourself, but there's no reason you couldn't start before then. This type of targeted approach, though, will take longer than simply going to a beach or club and waving money around or trying to talk to strangers.

No I'm not the kind of people I would not just leave my country in order to get the girl

No this is not important to me but I think it will happen automatically because it is a necessary thing
Because of mixing in college, housing and going to markets and to participate in volunteer programs, I think you will find a lot but does not have to be the girl trying to get them

I think the San Francisco full of the population of Asian so it will be easy to learn the language because they're not going to laugh at me if I made a mistake in some of the terminology and there is also there is a lot of Europeans at the Institute

Maybe I find my girl with a host family who knows

Now only i focus on the study

In fact I like San Francisco beach, because I feel it helps to meditate

I am the type who goes out into the desert in order to meditate on the stars and planets I think I'll find this in San Francisco

Old 07-31-2016, 12:24 PM

Quote:
In fact I like San Francisco beach, because I feel it helps to meditate

I am the type who goes out into the desert in order to meditate on the stars and planets I think I'll find this in San Francisco
Northern California generally speaking (if one can generalize--I don't want to start a fight with the southern Californians, haha), is more conducive for that; people are more inclined towards that, at least--the people who are originally from there. These days, there are so many newcomers to the area, I don't know anymore. But people enjoy going out into nature, the beaches, the redwood forests (did I mention the redwood forests? You MUST explore the redwood forests! They're magical!), the rugged coastline of Big Sur (take a 3-day weekend to drive down to Big Sur, or a holiday week from school), and so forth. These are excellent places for meditation. You'll enjoy driving up north, into the northern redwood parks, too, and the Trinity Mountains. There is so much to explore in northern California, so much nature! Also, you would enjoy visiting Yosemite National Park, but it's best to go in the spring or autumn, when there aren't so many crowds. They have a very nice, old hotel there, the Ahwanee Lodge. You need to make reservations 6 months in advance. Yosemite is one of the crown jewels of the national park system.

Old 08-01-2016, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Northern California generally speaking (if one can generalize--I don't want to start a fight with the southern Californians, haha), is more conducive for that; people are more inclined towards that, at least--the people who are originally from there. These days, there are so many newcomers to the area, I don't know anymore. But people enjoy going out into nature, the beaches, the redwood forests (did I mention the redwood forests? You MUST explore the redwood forests! They're magical!), the rugged coastline of Big Sur (take a 3-day weekend to drive down to Big Sur, or a holiday week from school), and so forth. These are excellent places for meditation. You'll enjoy driving up north, into the northern redwood parks, too, and the Trinity Mountains. There is so much to explore in northern California, so much nature! Also, you would enjoy visiting Yosemite National Park, but it's best to go in the spring or autumn, when there aren't so many crowds. They have a very nice, old hotel there, the Ahwanee Lodge. You need to make reservations 6 months in advance. Yosemite is one of the crown jewels of the national park system.
This is one of the reasons my love for San Francisco and is forests and redwood forest you watch it in the National graphics programs as well as Planet of the Apes

* I watched as Yosemite park now on YouTube amazing he is worth the trip and I think that the camping will be best choice

There is a lot of natural areas in America, but the best areas such as Yellowstone National Park and Parks Alaska

This makes Yosemite best place because it is closer to the Yellowstone and Alaska also Seattle have same nature

I love nature since I was a kid Thank you dear

I think that we have become friends now

Old 08-01-2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:
This is one of the reasons my love for San Francisco and is forests and redwood forest you watch it in the National graphics programs as well as Planet of the Apes

* I watched as Yosemite park now on YouTube amazing he is worth the trip and I think that the camping will be best choice

There is a lot of natural areas in America, but the best areas such as Yellowstone National Park and Parks Alaska

This makes Yosemite best place because it is closer to the Yellowstone and Alaska also Seattle have same nature

I love nature since I was a kid Thank you dear

I think that we have become friends now
The miracle of the internet--you never know whom you'll become friends with.......

The Seattle area doesn't exactly have the same nature, but it's similar, if you can get into the cedar forests. But they don't have redwoods. Only northern California and a small part of the central coast of CA have redwoods (and a small corner of southern Oregon). This is something special. And speaking of nature, and beaches, sometime during your American experience, assuming you'll be staying to go to university, you should go to Hawaii. And I wouldn't recommend the main island, where the big hotels are, but the smaller islands, where you can rent a cottage, or stay in a hotel that is organized as separate cottages, close to nature. The scenery is spectacular, the beaches will make you think you've been wasting your time in LA, and there is Native Hawaiian culture, which is very interesting. Also, there's an active volcano. I'm not sure you could hike close to it, but you might be able to hire a helicopter to fly near it.

But we've abandoned the topic here of San Francisco. After you arrive and get set up with your own place, you can start a topic about what to see in California and the greater Bay Area.

Old 08-04-2016, 02:00 AM

Quote:
The miracle of the internet--you never know whom you'll become friends with.......

The Seattle area doesn't exactly have the same nature, but it's similar, if you can get into the cedar forests. But they don't have redwoods. Only northern California and a small part of the central coast of CA have redwoods (and a small corner of southern Oregon). This is something special. And speaking of nature, and beaches, sometime during your American experience, assuming you'll be staying to go to university, you should go to Hawaii. And I wouldn't recommend the main island, where the big hotels are, but the smaller islands, where you can rent a cottage, or stay in a hotel that is organized as separate cottages, close to nature. The scenery is spectacular, the beaches will make you think you've been wasting your time in LA, and there is Native Hawaiian culture, which is very interesting. Also, there's an active volcano. I'm not sure you could hike close to it, but you might be able to hire a helicopter to fly near it.

But we've abandoned the topic here of San Francisco. After you arrive and get set up with your own place, you can start a topic about what to see in California and the greater Bay Area.

Hawaii is too far do not think it because there many options, of course, is very pretty, but I will be very busy with the study and the discovery of new life here

This needs a long time even in the vacation week, there are so many choices and beautiful neighbor such as Los Angeles and Las Vegas

Even San Francisco as well as the need for a long time to explore the forests and nature in which

Old 08-04-2016, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Hawaii is too far do not think it because there many options, of course, is very pretty, but I will be very busy with the study and the discovery of new life here

This needs a long time even in the vacation week, there are so many choices and beautiful neighbor such as Los Angeles and Las Vegas

Even San Francisco as well as the need for a long time to explore the forests and nature in which
Definitely, there is a lot to see, just in California. By the way, as long as you're looking some of these places up on youtube, you might look up "Avenue of the Giants". It's a section of highway in the north of CA, that goes right through a redwood forest, on the way to other big redwood parks. It would make a nice holiday for a week, to drive up there, and explore the parks. You'll have a winter holiday period every year, along with a one-week spring holiday, not to mention summers; I don't know what you plan to do with your summers. So if you stay here to go to university, and perhaps even graduate school (?), you'll have plenty of time to travel and explore. Do you have any idea what field/profession you want to go into? (I'm just curious.)

Bringing the topic back to San Francisco (we're supposed to stay with the thread topic), I have a couple of ideas on how/where to go about socializing. I don't know what you'll think of my ideas. First, let me ask you; does your country have any ties with Georgia, in the Caucasus, or do you know anything about Georgia? I ask because there are Georgians in SF, they're friendly people, and that community might be a good place to make friends. It's good to make friends among the local people; friends can introduce you to women, after they get to know you well.

Another good way to meet people is through certain dance communities. I'm not talking about contemporary dancing, like you would do in a nightclub. There is folkdancing, which is mainly traditional dancing from Bulgaria, Serbia/Croatia, Romania, with a little Near-Eastern or *cough* Israeli folk-dance mixed in. There is also what might be described as jazz dancing from the 1930's--1950's. It's called "swing" dancing. It's fun just to listen to the music and watch the dancing, even if you don't participate. One place they do this is in Golden Gate Park, one day/week. You can walk around the park (it's huge!), and stop by the place where this dancing takes place, to just watch. If you decide you want to try it, you can take lessons.
http://www.lindyinthepark.com/

http://www.catscornersf.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CSI4QBNPew

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 08-04-2016 at 06:20 PM..

Old 08-04-2016, 07:15 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,452,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCMA View Post
I'm looking at an opportunity in SF and recently read in several articles that it's an awful place for straight single men as its a total sausage fest. Is that accurate? I currently live in DC but the job opportunity in SF is appealing. Does the dating scene truly suck for guys in SF?
Most people who work in San Francisco don't live in San Francisco. Just move north, east or south and you'll find a larger dating pool. Your paycheck will go further, too.

Old 08-06-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Definitely, there is a lot to see, just in California. By the way, as long as you're looking some of these places up on youtube, you might look up "Avenue of the Giants". It's a section of highway in the north of CA, that goes right through a redwood forest, on the way to other big redwood parks. It would make a nice holiday for a week, to drive up there, and explore the parks. You'll have a winter holiday period every year, along with a one-week spring holiday, not to mention summers; I don't know what you plan to do with your summers. So if you stay here to go to university, and perhaps even graduate school (?), you'll have plenty of time to travel and explore. Do you have any idea what field/profession you want to go into? (I'm just curious.)

Bringing the topic back to San Francisco (we're supposed to stay with the thread topic), I have a couple of ideas on how/where to go about socializing. I don't know what you'll think of my ideas. First, let me ask you; does your country have any ties with Georgia, in the Caucasus, or do you know anything about Georgia? I ask because there are Georgians in SF, they're friendly people, and that community might be a good place to make friends. It's good to make friends among the local people; friends can introduce you to women, after they get to know you well.

Another good way to meet people is through certain dance communities. I'm not talking about contemporary dancing, like you would do in a nightclub. There is folkdancing, which is mainly traditional dancing from Bulgaria, Serbia/Croatia, Romania, with a little Near-Eastern or *cough* Israeli folk-dance mixed in. There is also what might be described as jazz dancing from the 1930's--1950's. It's called "swing" dancing. It's fun just to listen to the music and watch the dancing, even if you don't participate. One place they do this is in Golden Gate Park, one day/week. You can walk around the park (it's huge!), and stop by the place where this dancing takes place, to just watch. If you decide you want to try it, you can take lessons.
Lindy in the Park | Free Outdoor Swing Dancing in San Francisco\'s Golden Gate Park

Cat's Corner San Francisco» Cats Corner San Francisco – Wednesday Night Swing Dance Party at Balancoire Restaurant & Night Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CSI4QBNPew
Yes, I know my Georgia and have a beautiful relationship with this country

I can go to Georgia without visa

I had an Italian friend of Georgian origin working in one of the Italian restaurants here

I really do not like to dance even in my country

I like to watch the dancing, but I do not like to dance since I was small I do not know why and with a lot of beautiful events we have but do not dance

But your suggestion is very beautiful in the most important idea is to mingle with the people and their participation more occasions in order to communicate with the largest number of people take advantage of them at the same time

Israeli dance in which semi-large of the Arab dance, as well as the eastern European folk dance is like the Turkish dance which resembles Arabic dance

**I'll wait for the days of rain in San Francisco strongly people fleeing from the rain but I'm different from them I like to walk a lot under

Rain does not matter what it says people are the most important, I do what I like

I also think that the forests, gardens, parks, there will be one of the most favorite places I have

I'm watching San Francisco is always on Youtube and discovered beautiful places in addition to what sent me here

I appreciate you this much dear

Old 08-06-2016, 01:46 PM

3,145 posts, read 2,658,400 times
yes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland