Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2016, 02:43 PM

397 posts, read 364,252 times

Advertisements

Does anybody use dinner options like munchery? This is a good app but lack pick up options. Paid per month option will work as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 03:03 PM

901 posts, read 1,168,081 times
Have used before. Not bad, decent value, but not too impressed. Much prefer quality and range of choices of takeout from restaurants I like. Munchery has its own kitchen, does not have restaurants prep food.

None of these other than Blue Apron appear to be doing even OK. Very low margins. Doubt they'll be around in a few years. Maybe one will survive in big cities. In Marin, would not bother at all.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:16 PM

1,099 posts, read 901,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinfairfax View Post
Does anybody use dinner options like munchery? This is a good app but lack pick up options. Paid per month option will work as well.
Many of the meals on the Munchery lack quality (and are unhealthy). And although I realize we have a problem in this country with portion control, I believe the serving sizes on the Munchery are a bit of a joke (just another way for them to cut corners). My daughter gave my wife a $250 gc for Mothers Day and we were so unimpressed that we stopped using them after a few days. I guess if we get desperate or not in the mood to cook, we'll blow off the rest of the gc.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:28 PM

Hm, the menu seemed healthy to me on munchery but I supposed its more marketing. Just wanted something healthy to pick up other than 5 guys or burrito shops.

Old 06-12-2016, 05:11 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Sprig is delivery of one meal but delivers during dinner and lunch. Caviar is a takeout app.

Old 06-12-2016, 05:41 PM

1,099 posts, read 901,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinfairfax View Post
Hm, the menu seemed healthy to me on munchery but I supposed its more marketing. Just wanted something healthy to pick up other than 5 guys or burrito shops.
Sure, you can find some healthier items than 5 guys. Of course that's not a real high bar as far as healthy goes. Admittedly if you were to get the Southwest cheeseburger through the munchery, you would find it has 90 grams of fat which is probably worse than five guys. Pretty low quality if you ask me. I ordered Salmon with brown rice (quality was so-so). My son has gotten the Lasagne and Fried Chicken (he also said quality was so-so). And as stated, serving sizes are small.

Last edited by bodyforlife99; 06-12-2016 at 05:51 PM..

Old 06-12-2016, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyforlife99 View Post
Sure, you can find some healthier items than 5 guys. Of course that's not a real high bar as far as healthy goes. Admittedly if you were to get the Southwest cheeseburger through the munchery, you would find it has 90 grams of fat which is probably worse than five guys. Pretty low quality if you ask me. I ordered Salmon with brown rice (quality was so-so). My son has gotten the Lasagne and Fried Chicken (he also said quality was so-so). And as stated, serving sizes are small.
I did notice the serving sizes is where they save the money.

Lately, I've been just picking up sushi packs from Safeway and eating it at home combined with either ramen noodles or frozen dinner. Easiest and pretty health I think. My work provides lunch, this is where I get all my greens
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland