Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 12:52 PM

36,658 posts, read 67,519,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
It is extremely hard to win two NBA titles in a row. But the previous posts are not necessary.

I do have some concerns about Oakland in general, though. Beyond the Warriors, this city has a severe Police problem, with three chiefs in the past month. Corruption can't stand, and there needs to be a complete house-cleaning.
How nice of you to care so much.

Crime is way down though so thats more important than shakeups in departmental leadership.

Quote:
On a much lighter platform, I also am not too enthused about the future of the Raiders in Oakland. This team appears to be just waiting for their next location. LA? Vegas? Something is coming down here, may not before 2016, but will likely before '17. These are certainly not good days for the East Bay.
Huh? These are exceptional times for the East Bay and you should probably refrain from looking at news headlines and thereby deciding that the entire region is in dissaray? lmao no, trust me we're good.

Lol i mean really.

Actually the East Bay is in much better shape than Cleveland, which is bleeding residents at a greater rate tgan any major metro in the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 12:59 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,250,313 times
Native Clevelander here. The series was entertaining, but not suspenseful for the first 6 games. I never though for one second the Cavs would win the series, because, well, Cleveland never wins anything. GS had a record season and congrats to them. Some people think they pushed too hard for the 73 wins and that exhausted them. Who knows. But game 7 was epic and enjoyable for all. Glad for my hometown to finally win something. Here's to the rubber match next year. Warriors-Cavs 2017 Finals....book it.

Old 06-20-2016, 01:05 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,118,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbeechuk View Post
Native Clevelander here. The series was entertaining, but not suspenseful for the first 6 games. I never though for one second the Cavs would win the series, because, well, Cleveland never wins anything. GS had a record season and congrats to them. Some people think they pushed too hard for the 73 wins and that exhausted them. Who knows. But game 7 was epic and enjoyable for all. Glad for my hometown to finally win something. Here's to the rubber match next year. Warriors-Cavs 2017 Finals....book it.

Totally agree. I am the biggest Lebron 'hater' out there, but he came through and repaired his legacy in one game. Great for Cleveland. Golden State will be fine, they won it last year, really should have eeked it out this year and could be back next year. All's good.

Old 06-20-2016, 01:06 PM

758 posts, read 550,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR95 View Post
Yawn...Bogut, Ezili, "No" Buckets, Varejao. Those are your big slow thugs. Although you congratulate, you have a lot of bitterness, really sorry about that. Sorry Lebron and Kyrie punked the little cry baby Warriors, Steph, Klay and "No" Buckets. Next time they might want to keep their mouths shut and close out the series before talking smack. Iggy is the only one that took the high road on that team.
Bitterness? Not really. Like the earlier poster said, maybe this loss will bring those bandwagon Warrior "fans" who've been talking smack (and the rising arrogance of some the players) back down to earth. If it does that, the loss will be welllllllll worth it.

I just wish the Warriors had lost to a team that didn't run the pick-and-roll every . . . freakin' . . . time . . . down . . . the . . . court. If you like that pick-and-roll style so much, I know a painter who will let you come to the houses he paints and watch the paint dry for cheap! You'd probably enjoy it immensely!

Old 06-20-2016, 01:26 PM

1,156 posts, read 987,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocSciProf View Post
Bitterness? Not really. Like the earlier poster said, maybe this loss will bring those bandwagon Warrior "fans" who've been talking smack (and the rising arrogance of some the players) back down to earth. If it does that, the loss will be welllllllll worth it.

I just wish the Warriors had lost to a team that didn't run the pick-and-roll every . . . freakin' . . . time . . . down . . . the . . . court. If you like that pick-and-roll style so much, I know a painter who will let you come to the houses he paints and watch the paint dry for cheap! You'd probably enjoy it immensely!
Have a nice life. Sorry for the loss. LOL. Warriors are a flash in the pan, just like Barkley says. Teams will have the defense down to stop the 3's and that's really all they have. Like I said I didn't really care, until the Warriors and one certain wife started their whining. Such a sorry sight to see.

Old 06-20-2016, 01:27 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,010,597 times
Gotta love the psuedo intellectual Warriors 'fans' who think they know basketball. Nba in 2016 is the softest brand of basketball ever seen. I was surprised Curry did not get suspended after his little temper tantrum

Old 06-20-2016, 01:30 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,873 times
What I found most distasteful and most probably a bad harbinger of things to come was Steph Curry's wife and her soundbites during the last few games.

I knew something was wrong when one of leagues MVP's has his wife complaining of racial profiling, isolation of family from players, rigged games and some other nonsense that just made her look devoid of real class and an airhead of the finest caliber.

Mrs. Steph Curry is lacking in class and it shows !

Old 06-20-2016, 01:35 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,010,597 times
Steph Curry's wife is a Diva putting in work so she can be on basketball wives or some reality show. She is trying to build a brand. No one told her that her job is to sit back, shut up, and stand by her man.

She complaind about fair treatment, hah.

When the Bulls first went to Salt Lake City, the city threw a parade. At 7 am. Right outside the Bulls players hotel windows. Now that is playing dirty.

Aeysha Curry didn't realize that her 'me show', 'Do you know who I am?', B list antics do not fly in rust belt towns like Cleveland.

Old 06-20-2016, 01:36 PM

1,156 posts, read 987,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Gotta love the psuedo intellectual Warriors 'fans' who think they kbow basketball. Nba in 2016 is the softest brand of basketball ever seen. I was surprised Curry did not get suspended after his little temper tantrum
Amen, brutha, amen. So many old school teams with a traditional center would beat the modern day Warriors... Lakers with Kareem/Shaq, Heat with Shaq, Boston with Parrish, Spurs with Duncan, Trailblazers with Walton, Sixers, any team with Wilt, not to mention the Bulls that I could not stand, the list goes on and on. Heck, the Cavs without a true big man even beat the Dubs.

Old 06-20-2016, 02:16 PM

36,658 posts, read 67,519,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR95 View Post
Have a nice life. Sorry for the loss. LOL. Warriors are a flash in the pan...
That's totally ironic considering the Cavs have now sealed the deal a dynasty-making ONE time.

I wouldnt be too excited about next year tho...
LeBron’s Still Partying in Vegas and Stephen A. Smith is Saying He Could Leave for Miami or the Lakers | The Big Lead

Your star isnt even celebrating in Cleveland. Who does that?

LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland