Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 11:12 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
You can't even spell 'speech' properly. Please just stop.
I see you cannot actually respond and instead worry about typo's.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2016, 12:56 AM

397 posts, read 364,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Which is described in one of our founding documents, the Declaration of Independence.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

Not to mention the pages of quotes from the founders supporting arms for such a cause.
I agree. I don't have a religion but I do know the constitution is founded on the bible. The notion is that our government will at some point become evil as it is ran by imperfect human beings.

My crazy theory is that the founding fathers predicted this and expected the people will overthrow the government at some point and replace with anew but possibly retain the constitution.

Old 06-30-2016, 12:57 AM

397 posts, read 364,252 times
Quote:
Blah blah blah gun nut drivel blah blah blah
This is a great thread. Stop jerking off on it.

Old 06-30-2016, 10:45 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
I actually think it was fairly stupid to go protest those thugs. Mixing with those low-lifes and then rolling around in the gutter with them... blech.

What if these guys showed up to protest and nobody was there to care, much less listen to them? That would be the ideal counter-protest.

Old 06-30-2016, 10:51 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Nazism isn't on the rise but the misuse of the word "Nazi" is up over 10000%.

Old 07-02-2016, 08:43 AM

6,416 posts, read 8,278,655 times
Quote:
I see you cannot actually respond and instead worry about typo's.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
'typos' doesn't need an apostrophe. obviously words, spelling, and grammar aren't your forte. it's slightly terrifying you're so into guns though, because you and your ilk are what's responsible for our crazy gun nut culture and the fact that a mass shooting occurs nearly every day in America.

Old 07-02-2016, 01:17 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
'typos' doesn't need an apostrophe. obviously words, spelling, and grammar aren't your forte. it's slightly terrifying you're so into guns though, because you and your ilk are what's responsible for our crazy gun nut culture and the fact that a mass shooting occurs nearly every day in America.
The people who do mass shootings are mostly democrats, so I doubt they are of my ilk. Plus my typos are only outdone by your inability to understand statistics. Mass shootings happen a few times a year, not every other day like you claim.

If you were actually worried about preventing murder then you would deal with the true issues, such as single parent households, women having children before being married and low high school graduation rates. These three things are the greatest indicators of someone who will end up in the justice system. Why not address the real problem instead of worrying about someone who has never committed a crime?

Old 07-03-2016, 11:16 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
The people who do mass shootings are mostly democrats***
*** citation needed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland