Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2016, 02:07 PM

397 posts, read 364,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
^^^^^ A knee jerk reaction from an automaton I wasn't replying to, who also can't think for himself .

A birther? Obama a muslim and not born in Hawaii? Moi? Nope. Think again. Read the recent threads on these subjects if you need any more confirmation, as you obviously aren't paying attention. Not a Republican either.

Once a buzzword (in your mind) reaches your ears...such as 'Benghazi'.....your comprehension skills are obviously overridden by the trance the buzzword lulls you into. I didn't even use the word e-mail in my post. But you didn't even notice that. Once you read 'Benghazi', all you could think about was the RNC.
I used to be a member of RNC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2016, 02:07 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,986,028 times
Quote:
LOL.

Just another day in the land of the Folsom Street Fair (I fully support SSM, etc, but the FSF is a bit much, IMO, and yes I know it is a mixed event). Always amused. I was always able to drive out or take BART at the end of the day. Days spent in Miraloma Park and out in the Sunset with relatives (pre BART, and pre my DL) didn't include exposure to the above.
I've seen people wearing Newt Gingrich shirts around Los Angeles, or "Make America Great" hats in San Francisco, and I have never seen anyone get punched, or challenge for doing so.

It seems to me that the people getting into all the fisticuffs seem to be attending specific anti-trump (or pro trump) rallies, and that's where you generally attract the unemployed psychos with nothing else to do, who have more "emotion" in the game, hence the violence.

Old 07-18-2016, 02:40 PM

Quote:
One thing the latest Benghazi investigation did settle is that Hillary stood near the caskets of the four dead Americans and LIED to the families. The weight given to that in each person's mind while judging Hillary is different for each person....and in each case that is the type of opinion that can't be proven wrong.....be it your personal opinion on that matter or anyone else's. You could belittle the high level of disgust that some people feel re that issue if you wished to, but that act of derision wouldn't make you right or correct re that issue. Most people I know are so disgusted by that performance for the families that the differential re weighting that against other lies is like weighing an elephant vs weighing an ant. I know a number of retired career military people and they are the ones I know, without exception, who feel the most strongly about this. As an admitted retired career military person yourself, before your business career with your shop, I'm surprised you don't feel at least somewhat the same way. I'm not one who will support Trump, or stand up for his lies, but many people feel that that one day standing near the caskets puts her permanently ahead of Trump in terms of the full weight of all the lies. I've heard some people say that she had to lie as a matter of national security. The retired military people I've talked to have told me that is bunk. But even if it is true, then she could have just said nothing, or even a routine pleasantry such as 'I'm so sorry for your loss' and nothing else.
Your past posts try really hard indicate you are right in the middle of the political spectrum. I don't know too many people that dedicate time to post on forums like this if they are so much in the "middle". You joined in Jan/2016 which seem sketchy and does not even appear to live in the bay area.

RNC has completely purged its members of non-white people. There is a clear direction by the party that it's for white people only. There are many people against it.

As far as benghazi and email, they regularly distribute this out on their email as talking points. If you want some true opinions on benghazi from military people and not your friends, just go to some military forums online. You for some reason appear to be deadset on displaying Hillary as the devil.

Old 07-18-2016, 03:14 PM

21,735 posts, read 16,341,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinfairfax View Post
You for some reason appear to be deadset on displaying Hillary as the devil.
Indeed s/he does.

Old 07-18-2016, 03:17 PM

24,400 posts, read 26,946,756 times
I used to be a strong democrat as well, especially during/after Bush's second term. I even donated $100 to Obama in 2008, which was my first and only time I donated money to a political candidate because I hated everything about Bush. I voted for Obama again in 2012 even though I wasn't crazy about him at this point, but the far right was making me nervous with their rhetoric. However, now in 2016 I plan to vote for Trump because I feel like the far left has taken over the Democratic Party and it worries me. I'd rather vote for a populist like Trump than another war hawk like Hillary.

Old 07-18-2016, 03:27 PM

21,735 posts, read 16,341,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I used to be a strong democrat as well, especially during/after Bush's second term. I even donated $100 to Obama in 2008, which was my first and only time I donated money to a political candidate because I hated everything about Bush. I voted for Obama again in 2012 even though I wasn't crazy about him at this point, but the far right was making me nervous with their rhetoric. However, now in 2016 I plan to vote for Trump because I feel like the far left has taken over the Democratic Party and it worries me. I'd rather vote for a populist like Trump than another war hawk like Hillary.
You "used to be a strong Democrat" but now it worries you "the far left has taken over the Democratic Party"? But doesn't worry you that a sociopath has taken over the Republican Party, huh ...

Ok. Perspective is a wonderful gift.

Old 07-18-2016, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
You "used to be a strong Democrat" but now it worries you "the far left has taken over the Democratic Party"? But doesn't worry you that a sociopath has taken over the Republican Party, huh ...

I was beginning to think BMW was a troll. The last post clearly indicate that he is.

Old 07-18-2016, 03:38 PM

Looks like Virginia is going all the way with the No-Trump movement. Go Virginia!!!!

Old 07-18-2016, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post

Yes, the far left has taken over. The Democratic Party I knew wouldn't defend groups that chant slogans to encourage violence against police. They wouldn't defend people who forcefully block people from free speech. They wouldn't refuse to enforce immigration laws.

There are still a lot of crazies in the Republican Party, especially the overly religious ones. However, the party isn't defending them. Trump is more of a populist than anything else. The Republican Party was fighting him because in their eyes, he was too "liberal" for the party, so it's funny when people act like he is the far right. The far right actually dislike him a lot, that was one of the reasons he chose Pence as his VP to help rebuild that bridge.

Old 07-18-2016, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinfairfax View Post
I was beginning to think BMW was a troll. The last post clearly indicate that he is.
Are you capable of having a discussion? I'm sure you could do a search in the politics forum going back to the past elections. I was very active going against the GOP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland