Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2016, 08:37 AM

1,054 posts, read 2,155,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I know, but Oakland and Sacramento are literally the most diverse places in Northern California and the entire nation.
Oakland is the most "diverse" city in the the US but has one of the lowest percentages of mixed race individuals (along with "diverse" San Francisco), lower than Houston Texas and even Oklahoma.

Quote:
San Francisco, at 4.3 percent, lags behind the statewide average, while both Oakland (4.9 percent) and San Jose (5 percent) just barely exceed it.
'

West is most multiracial area in U.S. / Census shows mixed-race group is largely young - SFGate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 11:28 AM

677 posts, read 835,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleysOwl View Post
People testing ideas out on each other off the tops of their heads doesnt constitute a conspiracy. Besides which creating a negative public relations campaign is not a criminal issue. If it were we would be living in a very different world than we do. Negative public relations campaigns are as common as coffee drinking. Their communications shows they were biased in their attitudes not in conspiratorial planning or actions. They were right to own up to their weakness. Honesty is the best policy. It will help the DNC in the long run accomplish a long overdue turnaround. Contrasting this flub with the sellouts of the GOP is deeply amusing.
It was most definitely a conspiracy! These ideas were not just in their own heads. They were e-mailing each other conspiring on how best to thwart Bernie Sander's threat to Hillary Clinton's nomination. That's the definition of a conspiracy.

And you're also backtracking on your comment that conspiring a crime is not a crime if you don't commit the crime itself. I just proved you wrong.

Again, if they had done nothing wrong, they never would have formally apologized to Sanders because by doing so, they've admitted to the wrongdoing and destroyed party unity, which is exactly what we saw over the weekend and at the start of the convention.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:31 AM

6,819 posts, read 9,050,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatCurve View Post
It was most definitely a conspiracy! These ideas were not just in their own heads. They were e-mailing each other conspiring on how best to thwart Bernie Sander's threat to Hillary Clinton's nomination. That's the definition of a conspiracy.

Again, if they had done nothing wrong, they never would have formally apologized to Sanders because by doing so, they've admitted to the wrongdoing and destroyed party unity, which is exactly what we saw over the weekend and at the start of the convention.
So, did the Republican party do anything to stop Trump? I know some individuals were against him. Did the party just go along?

Old 07-28-2016, 11:36 AM

677 posts, read 835,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
So, did the Republican party do anything to stop Trump? I know some individuals were against him. Did the party just go along?
As far as we know, until proven otherwise. The RNC head Reince Priebus has always stated that the RNC was not taking sides.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:47 AM

911 posts, read 590,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatCurve View Post

And you're also backtracking on your comment that conspiring a crime is not a crime if you don't commit the crime itself. I just proved you wrong.

Thinking up ideas and tossing them around is not a conspiracy by any definition. The only thing you have proved is you have anexcitable nature that will desperately grasp at random straws to claim they constitute a haystack. But they did do something wrong ethically by abandoning the DNC mandate of impartiality. That's what the apology was rightly issued to acknowledge. The GOP and RNC by contrast have entirely abandoned all conservative foundations to support a maniac who shares none of their values. And for which they offer no apology to genuine conservatives.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:36 PM

1,156 posts, read 986,498 times
I must say I really enjoyed Michael Bloomberg's speech last night. He must have had some bad dealings with Trump while being NYC mayor. It was interesting to hear him speak and be on Hillary's side, but the "she is the best person to vote for in THIS election" was quite intriguing. Like we have no better choice and she is only good for this election and watch "me" run in 2020 after she fails. Which in some regards is true, but still leaves me not being able to vote for her with her lack of judgment and potential corruption.

I think any new president will have a difficult time given our economic situation. Once interest rates start to rise and the business/economic cycle comes to an end (whenever that may be) times will not be so fruitful. Hopefully, only somewhere near the 2000/2001 recession and not as bad as the 1990 or 2009 recession will allow a "soft landing" as everyone was hoping for in 2008, but we all know how that turned out.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:02 PM

406 posts, read 288,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR95 View Post
I must say I really enjoyed Michael Bloomberg's speech last night. He must have had some bad dealings with Trump while being NYC mayor. It was interesting to hear him speak and be on Hillary's side, but the "she is the best person to vote for in THIS election" was quite intriguing. Like we have no better choice and she is only good for this election and watch "me" run in 2020 after she fails. Which in some regards is true, but still leaves me not being able to vote for her with her lack of judgment and potential corruption.
The DNC has been a delight to watch, in stark contrast to the First Order-esque convention last week.
In regards to Hillary, what lack of judgement and potential corruption?

Old 07-28-2016, 01:04 PM

1,156 posts, read 986,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the happy guy View Post
The DNC has been a delight to watch, in stark contrast to the First Order-esque convention last week.
In regards to Hillary, what lack of judgement and potential corruption?
Oh my, if you have to ask...

Old 07-28-2016, 01:04 PM

653 posts, read 816,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
How painful. So much contradiction.
not everyone is a left wing zombie

Old 07-28-2016, 01:12 PM

911 posts, read 590,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick5575 View Post
not everyone is a left wing zombie
Very true. Most people aren't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland