Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 04:33 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,988,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinePlovesME View Post
Oh for the politically correct BS....wont fall for it and do not care....she said she was Asian, expert on the history, are they not her people then.......But so I care what you think, NOT.
I never wrote or stated that I was an expert. Studying my state's history at the college level and attending San Francisco public schools provided me the information about the history.

I wouldn't call Chinese immigrants to San Francisco, "my people". My family is 3 and 4 generations of Hawaiian born Asians and my father is from Wyoming, so you obviously made a huge assumption. I don't have any relatives from China and I answered the question briefly on whether North Beach was being taken over by Chinatown.

I have no clue why you decided to jump onto this board/topic without a whit of knowledge and hurl insults at Chinese immigrants and their historical plight. This isn't about being politically correct, but you've not added anything to the topic whatsoever. As you've stated a few times now, you "don't care" yet you keep posting nonsense and insults. Why?

FYI--The topic isn't about Italians...or Chinese people at all. I can discuss Italians in San Francisco too if you want to. But I suspect you don't have any intimate knowledge of that topic either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 04:52 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinePlovesME View Post
Oh for the politically correct BS....wont fall for it and do not care....she said she was Asian, expert on the history, are they not her people then.......But so I care what you think, NOT.
I can't stand political correctness. If you don't understand that this doesn't have anything to do with political correctness, there's not much else that can be said.

Old 08-29-2016, 10:03 AM

675 posts, read 1,190,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
Yeah, opium dens ...Haha.
I miss opium dens
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland