Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 04:08 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,873 times

Advertisements

Kaep oh Kaep oh Keap ....

Not the least bit surprised he would pull something like this. Always thuggin it any chance he gets. Not much class it has to be said about Colin Keapernick. Though as we all know, when overlooked for not just lack of personality but also playing skills as a QB, then what the heck do you have to lose.

Kaepernick is a dullard, routinely outshined by athletes, Black White and Brown, on and off the pitch. He appealed to really only a fringe section of the 49ers faithful. The majority of fans saw him as a terse, complicated and largely unexpressive distant individual, probably the least impressive QB , the city of SF has seen in quite some time.

In the end, Keapernick would not to stop with the political posturing and focus more on his play. The inability to read defenses is well known along with a tendency to just run when pressured in the pocket. Teams are familiar with him now and whatever success he could have had before will most certainly not materialize now.

I hate to say this, but I just wonder if Kaepernick was playing a race card in his own inimitable pouting and petulant way. Knowing full well Gabbert is the favorite to be starting QB when the regular season opens. So, injecting some other element into why he may be not be playing as starter for the team.

The NFL may be saying players are encouraged to stand for the anthem but not required to do so. Behind the scenes, it might be very different. The NFL has a rich tradition of supporting the men and women of the armed forces. To threaten this relationship would not be a good publicity move for the NFL.

Gabbert will be odds on favorite to be starting QB next season.

Old 08-28-2016, 04:08 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,951,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkup View Post
I'd care more about this story if Kap could actually play a lick. Since he can't, who cares. This story is no more significant than saying some random fan in Levi stadium didn't stand up.

Kap is finished as an NFL football player (though he'll still be paid like one of the best in the league, at least this year).
I thought Kap was over-rated, but he seemed like a nice person, so I was rooting for him and also giving him the benefit of the doubt that he would get better. Now I just see his second rate performance and am excited for when the niners replace him.

Old 08-28-2016, 04:28 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,848,721 times
Just saw interview with Jay Glazer on Fox during halftime of game. There was a team meeting held because the players were concerned this would cause a lot of division in the team, they don't want this to interfere with what they are trying to accomplish on the field. I didn't quite grasp how they were going to do that but there was a team meeting. CK met with the press and said he would continue to sit until real changes are made in this country, reiterating his original stand. Wow, he must think he has some kind of power and influence...he's going to be sitting for a long time.

Old 08-28-2016, 04:57 PM

Just saw more of the interview, he was asked about his direct comments about the police and he said there is police brutality and police need to be screened better...that a cosmetologist with a curling iron is required to have more training than the police with a gun (which he said is six months). He said he is glad that more people are talking about this now since he sat down. Oh boy, I bet the news outlets are clambering for interviews with him, which is what the players in the team meeting were afraid was going to happen.

Old 08-28-2016, 04:59 PM

1,199 posts, read 1,648,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Well, bub, I'm a war vet too. Of different opinion from this Ranger in your linked article. Articles can quote one position or another all day and night. Quoting one or another doesn't make one right and the other wrong.

And the young Ranger's statement that:
demonstrates lazy thinking. The rights that Kaepernick is protesting as failed are not available for conquest on any field of military battle. This whole BS that our military can do no wrong makes me laugh over the past couple decades. False hero worship. Horse crap.
I agree with many of your observations and enjoy many of your prolific postings. However, I do not agree with your opinions on this matter, Old Timer

Old 08-28-2016, 05:11 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,859,957 times
Best to tell ure dumb arse qb that white lives matter, as in the white lives matter offensive lineman standing in front of him before the snap of the ball, lol. Never know when one of them could slip and sit down on the job. What a dumb spoiled crybaby he is. In the NFL injuries happen all the time, he sure has a big mouth.

Old 08-28-2016, 05:15 PM

21,735 posts, read 16,346,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I agree with many of your observations and enjoy many of your prolific postings. However, I do not agree with your opinions on this matter, Old Timer
Got that, and ditto Takeaway? This is one thing that's great about America. Divergent views are allowed.

Old 08-28-2016, 05:18 PM

It's apparent that CK is going to continue speaking out, which is his right but I think he shoulddo it elsewhere other than the locker room. Imo, he shouldn't be doing in his workplace and this is going to become a huge distraction and then management will probably have to get involved. I think he should hold press conferences Away from the Levi facility.

Old 08-28-2016, 05:22 PM

1,099 posts, read 901,286 times
There is a simple solution to this for any fans that are offended by his actions. Vote with your pocketbook and don't attend their games. For some, this is right up there with when the Clippers owner got caught with his offensive racial comments. Of course, most people talk a good game on how appalled they are, but when it comes to missing a game, you see how strong their true principles are. People do it all the time with rock stars who think they're going to slap you with their political statements when you paid to hear them sing (and they at least have you for a little bit as their captive audience until you walk out on them). People also do it against all sorts of businesses. Pick your poison folks. Football is no different than any other entertainment event.

Last edited by bodyforlife99; 08-28-2016 at 05:35 PM..

Old 08-28-2016, 07:05 PM

397 posts, read 364,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyforlife99 View Post
I hope you're not serious. The only people Michael Sam was punished by were the running backs that whiffed him when he couldn't tackle them. Nice try but he simply wasn't that good. He was cut by the Rams and wasn't successful with the Cowboys either. Enough with the victim card already.

As for Kap, I'd probably just focus on football since he's had one epic fall from grace (but if he wants to sit for the Anthem, I don't really care). I suspect he'll be doing much more sitting warming the bench.
No, you're wrong. I've already looked at this from multiple angles. There were explicit instructions sent around the league not to give him a shot for coming out as gay. He is the FIRST player to be drafted in round 7 in his position that won the awards that he has won.

I call out fakers all the time. He is not one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland