Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2016, 11:47 AM

2,007 posts, read 1,270,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Many people here in the Bay Area have no idea how the rest of the country thinks. They have never had a conversation with someone in the mid west or south. All they know is how msm and social media portray these strangers to them. Many people here are stuck in the echo chamber where group think reigns supreme. They are never challenged ideologically and just bounce the same assumptions and baseless opinions back and forth. This is t to say the same thing doesn't happen in places like the mid west, but people in the mid west hear all the opinions of those of us on the coast through the media etc.
Through my work I have the opportunity to visit many far flung areas of the whole nation. From the smallest hamlets in New Hampshire to towns and cities in places , many people might not feel the point in even looking for on a map.

There is something about these forgotten places , I have always found so intriguing. Namely, the grasp of politics, international and domestic, knowledge of geography and the thirst for knowledge in general from many people there , one would have never really expected from living in a city like San Francisco. I would go so far to say, so many people, from an owner of a rural guesthouse to the local country librarian will show an understanding of the world and a well of knowledge, many people in San Francisco can only marvel at.

To come back to SF is at times is to think in one's mind of how deluded the denizens of the city can truly be. The lock step liberal thinking, the joylessness of anxiety ridden SJW's, the second guessing of the young here, the hysterical disdain for anyone with an opposing viewpoint, the grim faced sanctimonious nature of those looking for a grievance of some type , any type to hide behind.

What does make that journey home worthwhile , is the glimpses of normalcy , from the smile and a hi on a sunny day, a funny encounter where a sense of humor is shared, just some honest to god spontaneity and courage to live and let others lives , without all the second guessing and fear of being perceived as being too nice in a city that takes itself too seriously at times.

For those SFers stuck in the rut of self satisfied existence through a few peer prescribed books and canned responses to most everything , I say open that mind , travel allover, form your own opinions, just live without all the neediness. You might be very surprised at what you might find in places and things you never thought possible.

Old 11-10-2016, 12:02 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,964,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
Trump engaged in racist renting policies in the 70's and had to pay a civil settlement
David duke considers this election the greatest victory of the white nationalist movement.david duke does not support trump for no reason
What were these "racist policies" you speak about? Did he specifically say "no blacks" on his rental form?

Hillary straight up called former KKK dragon Robert Byrd a mentor and was photographed kissing him. Do you think Hillary supports the KKK?

Old 11-10-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
So using profane and racists language makes you racist? You can engage in illegal hiring and rental policies against people of color as long as you don't use the n word ?
Again, what illegal rental policies did Trump implement in the 70s? This is the second time you've brought this up without actually outlining the policies.

I'm not saying you're wrong but I'd like to know what the policies are before I form an opinion.

Old 11-10-2016, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I'm not forgetting it but it shows even if someone is truly racist, which she arguably is, they still will hire minorities if they can benefit from them which you claimed they wouldn't.
I made my original assumption based on the fact that I know of no obvious racial bias coming from Trump (and neither do you). With Schott who you brought up, that's not even a questionable, she is actually a racist.

Old 11-10-2016, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post
"Yes she also called them "******s"." Got that on tape do you ? Anybody ?
It's pretty well documented, Schott admitted she did call black ball players "rich ******s" but she excused herself by saying she "said it in jest".

With Trump, I literally cannot find a single credible source that says he has engaged in racist rhetoric or practices in his business ventures (except for the tabloid claims the MSM was making in their attempt to get Hillary elected). But you're free to find them (if you can).

Old 11-10-2016, 12:07 PM

18,977 posts, read 32,526,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
I made my original assumption based on the fact that I know of no obvious racial bias coming from Trump (and neither do you). With Schott who you brought up, that's not even a questionable, she is actually a racist.
Your knowledge of Trump being a racist or not has nothing really to do with the assertion that a truly racist person wouldn't hire minorities. Clearly they will.

Old 11-10-2016, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Your knowledge of Trump being a racist or not has nothing really to do with the assertion that a truly racist person wouldn't hire minorities. Clearly they will.
Yes, they will in a sport where all the best players are black or minorities. Is that your point?

Donald Sterling also hired CP3 and Blake Griffin to play basketball on his team and he's an outright racist. That doesn't really help your logical train of thought here.

Trump doesn't run businesses where blacks or minorities are the best performers, so that's where your train of thought completely derails. Trump could hire all whites if he wanted and still get his hotels functioning correctly. BUT he doesn't. He hires people of all colors and walks of life.

Old 11-10-2016, 12:14 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,774,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
Through my work I have the opportunity to visit many far flung areas of the whole nation. From the smallest hamlets in New Hampshire to towns and cities in places , many people might not feel the point in even looking for on a map.

There is something about these forgotten places , I have always found so intriguing. Namely, the grasp of politics, international and domestic, knowledge of geography and the thirst for knowledge in general from many people there , one would have never really expected from living in a city like San Francisco. I would go so far to say, so many people, from an owner of a rural guesthouse to the local country librarian will show an understanding of the world and a well of knowledge, many people in San Francisco can only marvel at.

To come back to SF is at times is to think in one's mind of how deluded the denizens of the city can truly be. The lock step liberal thinking, the joylessness of anxiety ridden SJW's, the second guessing of the young here, the hysterical disdain for anyone with an opposing viewpoint, the grim faced sanctimonious nature of those looking for a grievance of some type , any type to hide behind.

What does make that journey home worthwhile , is the glimpses of normalcy , from the smile and a hi on a sunny day, a funny encounter where a sense of humor is shared, just some honest to god spontaneity and courage to live and let others lives , without all the second guessing and fear of being perceived as being too nice in a city that takes itself too seriously at times.

For those SFers stuck in the rut of self satisfied existence through a few peer prescribed books and canned responses to most everything , I say open that mind , travel allover, form your own opinions, just live without all the neediness. You might be very surprised at what you might find in places and things you never thought possible.
The sf metro statistical area has one of the highest levels educational attainment in the nation. The university of cal/Berkeley and Stanford are 40 miles apart and is like having Harvard and Oxford 40 miles apart.
The area has extremely strong biotech,finance and technology sectors that attract highly educated people from all over the world.
Yet some small town in Texas or Iowa has a greater thirst for knowledge?
That is simply absurd

Old 11-10-2016, 12:19 PM

Quote:
The sf metro statistical area has one of the highest levels educational attainment in the nation. The university of cal/Berkeley and Stanford are 40 miles apart and is like having Harvard and Oxford 40 miles apart.
The area has extremely strong biotech,finance and technology sectors that attract highly educated people from all over the world.
Yet some small town in Texas or Iowa has a greater thirst for knowledge?
That is simply absurd
What does the geographic location of a university have to do with a local populations "thirst for knowledge"? More than half the people who attend Stanford or CAL aren't even locals.

Old 11-10-2016, 12:20 PM

18,977 posts, read 32,526,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Yes, they will in a sport where all the best players are black or minorities. Is that your point?

Donald Sterling also hired CP3 and Blake Griffin to play basketball on his team and he's an outright racist. That doesn't really help your logical train of thought here.

Trump doesn't run businesses where blacks or minorities are the best performers, so that's where your train of thought completely derails. Trump could hire all whites if he wanted and still get his hotels functioning correctly. BUT he doesn't. He hires people of all colors and walks of life.
No, again the point is racists will hire minorities for their benefit which you claim they wouldn't.

You don't know that and can't factually state that at all. If he did he likely would face a discrimination lawsuit considering how many people his companies employ and how many minorities are qualified for those jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland