Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 12:14 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
You are misinformed. Elections in CA and Minnesota (one for Al Franken) were won by fraud. So it has happened. The Franken Fraud gave us ObamaCare, btw.
I'm sorry to break it to you but once again, it is you who is misinformed:

Al Franken fraud - NOT TRUE Reality Check: Is The Election Rigged? « WCCO | CBS Minnesota

Elections in California - fraud? NOT TRUE, but how about on this one you prove that you are right? I'm getting tired of doing all the work for you

Old 12-11-2016, 12:19 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
It would seem a GOP war on voters would hurt all voters so the GOP would be shooting itself in the foot...
I don't think any war on voters would change from California from a Blue to a Red state... but I have misjudged before as I never thought Trump would win...
all the stuff about California voter fraud is pure nonsense, there are a fair number of Republicans in California, Trump received 4.4 million votes and R's held Issa's seat. Wouldn't you expect that would have been impossible if there was widespread voter fraud?

Old 12-11-2016, 12:19 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,909,384 times
Quote:
There is no strong evidence and what you are referring to is a completely unsubstantiated hearsay account propagated by the New York Times, which has been shown to have absolutely no journalistic integrity.

Get someone on record to say something about this alleged state-sponsored security breach, then you will have something. So far its a lot of noise and nothing else.
You're being delusional if you actually think this is just some made-up story being perpetuated by the NY Times.

It's a very serious investigation and people from all sides of Congress want it to be looked into:
Trump vs. Congress on Russian hacking

Quote:
Influential senators from both parties amplified calls for an independent investigation of Russian meddling in the U.S. election, setting up a clash with President-elect Donald Trump over U.S. policy toward Russia and potentially his pick for secretary of state.

Sens. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) issued a joint statement Sunday with the incoming Democratic leader, Chuck Schumer of New York, and top Armed Services Committee Democrat Jack Reed of Rhode Island that Russian interference in the election "should alarm every American." They said Congress must investigate further without allowing it to become a partisan issue.
Quote:
"This cannot become a partisan issue," they added. "The stakes are too high for our country. We are committed to working in this bipartisan manner, and we will seek to unify our colleagues around the goal of investigating and stopping the grave threats that cyberattacks conducted by foreign governments pose to our national security.”
My favorite quote:
Quote:
“I don’t know what to make of [Trump’s comments], because it’s clear the Russians interfered," McCain said Sunday on CBS' "Face the Nation." “Facts are stubborn things."
Quote:
“We need to get to the bottom of it. There should be an investigation," Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) said of potential Russian interference on ABC's "This Week" on Sunday. "It’s a little premature to talk about responses until we know what happened. But we should know what happened."

Sen. James Lankford (R-Okla.) tweeted Sunday morning that he backs the effort. And Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) said she “absolutely” supports the investigation but is “not questioning that Donald Trump won the election."
By the way, you should get your talking points straight, the NY Times didn't report this, it was the Washington Post:
Secret CIA assessment says Russia was trying to help Trump win White House

Do you know more about this than members of Congress that have connections to people in the intelligence community?

Old 12-11-2016, 12:21 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I'm sorry to break it to you but once again, it is you who is misinformed:

Al Franken fraud - NOT TRUE Reality Check: Is The Election Rigged? « WCCO | CBS Minnesota

Elections in California - fraud? NOT TRUE, but how about on this one you prove that you are right? I'm getting tired of doing all the work for you
Apparently it's easier for p-p to believe the CA granola crowd would vote overwhelmingly for Trump than it is to believe it's a blue state.

Why aren't all these voter-fraud people equally concerned about voter suppression? Are they not as concerned about the electoral process as they like to think?

Old 12-11-2016, 12:58 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
You're being delusional if you actually think this is just some made-up story being perpetuated by the NY Times.

It's a very serious investigation and people from all sides of Congress want it to be looked into:
Trump vs. Congress on Russian hacking

My favorite quote:

By the way, you should get your talking points straight, the NY Times didn't report this, it was the Washington Post:
Secret CIA assessment says Russia was trying to help Trump win White House

Do you know more about this than members of Congress that have connections to people in the intelligence community?
WAPO and NYT are both commie mouthpieces and there isn't a spits worth of difference between em.

What I'm saying is this is nothing but hearsay and allegations made by partisan hacks and RINOs....the least trustworthy members of Congress, and propagated by subversive media orgs. There isn't a single government intelligence representative saying any such thing. Look how Comey wrote a letter just because new emails were uncovered. Don't you think if he had any knowledge that would be the basis for a reasonable suspicion of interference by a state actor, he'd have said so?

You guys have gotten so used to the fake news put out by the MSM that you can't see it even when its right in front of your faces. Sad.

Old 12-11-2016, 01:10 PM

Quote:
WAPO and NYT are both commie mouthpieces and there isn't a spits worth of difference between em.

What I'm saying is this is nothing but hearsay and allegations made by partisan hacks and RINOs....the least trustworthy members of Congress, and propagated by subversive media orgs. There isn't a single government intelligence representative saying any such thing. Look how Comey wrote a letter just because new emails were uncovered. Don't you think if he had any knowledge that would be the basis for a reasonable suspicion of interference by a state actor, he'd have said so?

You guys have gotten so used to the fake news put out by the MSM that you can't see it even when its right in front of your faces. Sad.
What's the source of the fake news you swallow?

Right, the NYT is run by commies. Which explains why they're reporting on the DNC and RNC being hacked by....(ostensibly former) commies? Shall we resurrect the House Un-American Committee? Oh, you already have? Why am I not surprised?

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 12-11-2016 at 01:36 PM..

Old 12-11-2016, 02:20 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,909,384 times
Quote:
Right...moving on.

Quote:
What I'm saying is this is nothing but hearsay and allegations made by partisan hacks and RINOs....the least trustworthy members of Congress, and propagated by subversive media orgs.
Actually, you're the one making this into a partisan issue. There are members of Congress from all sides that are concerned by this. Why doesn't evidence of a foreign government interfering with our election process concern you? This isn't about Trump winning - this is really about our national security and the integrity of our election process - and it does concern me if what they're saying is true (which I believe it to be).

I wouldn't call John McCain untrustworthy, or a partisan hack. I might not agree with him on everything, but he is possibly among the most respectable members of Congress and is an American hero for what he has done over his career (military and government service).

Please don't reduce this issue to partisan politics. Various members of Congress don't want it to come down to that as they have genuine concern in the greater implications of Russia's hacking (see below).

As far as this being "nothing but hearsay":
You haven't been paying attention if you think that is all this is. No, it's not based on just "hearsay" - did you miss this report back in October?
Joint Statement from the Department Of Homeland Security and Office of the Director of National Intelligence on Election Security

Quote:
The U.S. Intelligence Community (USIC) is confident that the Russian Government directed the recent compromises of e-mails from US persons and institutions, including from US political organizations. The recent disclosures of alleged hacked e-mails on sites like DCLeaks.com and WikiLeaks and by the Guccifer 2.0 online persona are consistent with the methods and motivations of Russian-directed efforts. These thefts and disclosures are intended to interfere with the US election process. Such activity is not new to Moscow—the Russians have used similar tactics and techniques across Europe and Eurasia, for example, to influence public opinion there. We believe, based on the scope and sensitivity of these efforts, that only Russia's senior-most officials could have authorized these activities.

In the last week, new information has come out elaborating on the intentions of Russia (not that Russia was behind the hacks, which was already established in October).
CIA Secret Assessment Says Russia Interfered With U.S. Election To Help Donald Trump Win : The Two-Way : NPR

Quote:
The official adds: "The reason the assessment changed is that new information became available" since Oct. 7, when the Department of Homeland Security and the Director of National Intelligence released a joint statement accusing Russia of interfering with the American election process.
Quote:
In addition to hacking into Democratic organizations, Russians hacked the Republican National Committee's computer systems, according to a separate report from The New York Times — but they did not release any information that might have been retrieved from Republican networks.
Quote:
"Intelligence agencies have identified individuals with connections to the Russian government who provided WikiLeaks with thousands of hacked emails from the Democratic National Committee and others, including Hillary Clinton's campaign chairman, according to U.S. officials," the Post reports. "Those officials described the individuals as actors known to the intelligence community and part of a wider Russian operation to boost Trump and hurt Clinton's chances."

Citing anonymous officials briefed on the issue, the Post says the CIA shared its findings with senators in a closed-door briefing last week, saying it was now "quite clear" that Russia's goal was to tip the presidency in Trump's favor:

" 'It is the assessment of the intelligence community that Russia's goal here was to favor one candidate over the other, to help Trump get elected,' said a senior U.S. official briefed on an intelligence presentation made to U.S. senators. 'That's the consensus view.' "

And now members from all sides of Congress are calling for a more rigorous investigation (because it concerns them):
McCain, Graham, Schumer, Reed Joint Statement on Reports That Russia Interfered with the 2016 Election

Quote:
“This cannot become a partisan issue. The stakes are too high for our country. We are committed to working in this bipartisan manner, and we will seek to unify our colleagues around the goal of investigating and stopping the grave threats that cyberattacks conducted by foreign governments pose to our national security.”

Quote:
There isn't a single government intelligence representative saying any such thing.
Why would another government make a statement about hacks into computer systems in the United States? How would they have access to that kind of information?

Quote:
Look how Comey wrote a letter just because new emails were uncovered. Don't you think if he had any knowledge that would be the basis for a reasonable suspicion of interference by a state actor, he'd have said so?
Are you certain that he isn't suspicious of the origin of the hack? I would be surprised if the FBI hasn't been involved in this investigation at some point.

Quote:
I'm not sure what world you live in, but this is just reporting what members of our government are saying. What is "fake" about this?

Old 12-11-2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Then he is attacked for talking to Taiwan...
Yes. The reason for that is that he's well-known in Taiwan due to his business ventures there. So there's a conflict of interest between Trump the tycoon and Trump the Prez-elect. The US' policy has been since 1979 that the only official China is the PRC. So US gov't representatives observe US policy in that regard. If Trump wants to change that, de-recognize mainland China in favor of Taiwan, he could do that, but he's not President yet, so he can't. Instead he made an inappropriate gesture as President-elect in contradiction of the US' policy for 3-1/2 decades. It speaks to the many conflicts of interest that are a significant problem and, according to at least one of the Republican Electors, potentially grounds for impeachment. It was far from a trifling matter in diplomatic circles.

Old 12-11-2016, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
And in the last week, the new information has come out elaborating on the intentions of Russia (not that Russia was behind the hacks, which was already established in October).

CIA Secret Assessment Says Russia Interfered With U.S. Election To Help Donald Trump Win : The Two-Way : NPR
Hockeymac, the latest news from the FBI and other security agencies is that it's not clear at all that Russia's intent was to influence the elections in favor of Trump. It's believed that they were just trying to disrupt the process to affect voter faith in the electoral process, and create some chaos. Both parties' national committees were hacked, and at roughly the same time, and security officials point out that the Russians were as surprised by Trump's victory as Americans were. Though I don't know how they can determine that the officials responsible for the hacking were surprised. Sure, the public was surprised. That doesn't mean anything.

Old 12-11-2016, 02:35 PM

6,824 posts, read 9,058,076 times
I have no problem with President Trump calling Taiwan. Good for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland