Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 05:34 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,278,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
"Every country has the government it deserves"
- Joseph de Maistre

I hope the rest of America is happy with the choice they made, and hope they get everything Trump promised them. It's wonderful that as Californians, our citizenry passed about a dozen ballot initiatives that will continue to make California a leader in social progress and forward thinking. I've never been more proud to be a Californian than today:

Quote:
SACRAMENTO – California Senate President pro Tempore Kevin de León (D-Los Angeles) and California Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon (D-Paramount) released the following statement on the results of the President election:

Today, we woke up feeling like strangers in a foreign land, because yesterday Americans expressed their views on a pluralistic and democratic society that are clearly inconsistent with the values of the people of California.
We have never been more proud to be Californians.

By a margin in the millions, Californians overwhelmingly rejected politics fueled by resentment, bigotry, and misogyny.
The largest state of the union and the strongest driver of our nation’s economy has shown it has its surest conscience as well.
California is – and must always be – a refuge of justice and opportunity for people of all walks, talks, ages and aspirations – regardless of how you look, where you live, what language you speak, or who you love.
California has long set an example for other states to follow. And California will defend its people and our progress. We are not going to allow one election to reverse generations of progress at the height of our historic diversity, scientific advancement, economic output, and sense of global responsibility.

We will be reaching out to federal, state and local officials to evaluate how a Trump Presidency will potentially impact federal funding of ongoing state programs, job-creating investments reliant on foreign trade, and federal enforcement of laws affecting the rights of people living in our state. We will maximize the time during the presidential transition to defend our accomplishments using every tool at our disposal.

While Donald Trump may have won the presidency, he hasn’t changed our values. America is greater than any one man or party. We will not be dragged back into the past. We will lead the resistance to any effort that would shred our social fabric or our Constitution.

California was not a part of this nation when its history began, but we are clearly now the keeper of its future.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:35 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
So many people have been conned by his ridiculous promises that he can't (or probably doesn't even intend to) keep.

I know people back in Ohio where I grew up that are educated and voted for him. When pressed about it, they find him to be a dispicable human being - but they think his "economic policies" will benefit them. I.E. they somehow think he's going to bring manufacturing jobs back there. They bought this part of his message. Basically support IN SPITE of all of his terrible qualities.

It's a fools errand...those jobs are never coming back. He used these people - and I fear the next 4 years will prove that. I only hope the backlash isn't as bad as these past 18 months have been.

I agree we need to pay attention to our depressed regions, but trying to bring back the past is not the answer.

I'd love to be wrong - and as an American will give him a chance. Because it's the right thing to do (honor the country's process, even if I very much disagree with the result). But I sure have an immense amount of skepticism.
Yup, Trump only used them so he could get invited to the cool kids (aka elites) party. He can't be bothered to manufacture his own brand here. Why would anything be different now?

There is a lot screwed up in with American manufacturing. First and foremost we are too cheap to pay the real price for goods that would give the workers a livable wage. We have undervalued all goods, and made them so low quality there is no need to pay more.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:38 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,987,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Yup, Trump only used them so he could get invited to the cool kids (aka elites) party. He can't be bothered to manufacture his own brand here. Why would anything be different now?

There is a lot screwed up in with American manufacturing. First and foremost we are too cheap to pay the real price for goods that would give the workers a livable wage. We have undervalued all goods, and made them so low quality there is no need to pay more.
So how would you solve that problem you just described?

Old 11-09-2016, 05:41 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,672,505 times
Quote:

I have no idea what your back of the bus comment means...
When I heard it 6 years ago it was Obama telling the GOP he won and that's how it goes... no effort to reach out...

Obama Tells GOP "Get In Back" | Obama "Get In Back" | Video | Mediaite

South Dakota Politics: Obama Sends Republicans to the back of the bus

Old 11-09-2016, 05:55 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
LOL!

"[Would it have been] worse to have the first presidential candidate under FBI investigation to have been elected?"

The fact that you can even ask that question is the reason I'm glad Hillary's political career is dead and gone. Good riddance.

The problem with the far left, and especially the leftist that supported Hillary's failed campaign is that they seemed to totally disregard anything and everything questionable that Hillary has done, and still gave her zombie-like support. For someone to actually vote for Hillary, they have to ignore 1) She sold the state department to foreign entities 2) She stole money from Haitians, 3) She endangered national security, 4) she let Americans get dragged through the streets of Benghazi... I could go on and on. But as far as I know, Trump has never let Americans get slaughtered and then lied about it.

Trump is a straight male who likes *****. So what. Get over it.
Haha...as if Trump isn't a corrupt elite - the ones that you constantly complain about ruining this country.

And sexual assault is a crime. A crime that one can be sent to jail for. "Get over it" is an interesting response...

We have what amounts to straight confession of a crime on one side (Trump's). And the FBI looked at Clinton twice (twice!!) and both times agreed no criminal charges should come about.

I don't care for Ms. Clinton very much as a politician...but your double standard is VERY interesting.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
When I heard it 6 years ago it was Obama telling the GOP he won and that's how it goes... no effort to reach out...

Obama Tells GOP "Get In Back" | Obama "Get In Back" | Video | Mediaite

South Dakota Politics: Obama Sends Republicans to the back of the bus
I agree that's a somewhat offensive response. Although, the stuff I've heard over the last 18 months slung at groups of people in this country...is...stuff I thought I'd never hear in the year 2016. At least in any "mainstream" way. There's kind of a crazy false-equivalency going on here.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:01 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,278,655 times
Pretty hilarious people are happy about Trump being an "outsider", when his VP is a career politician, and his cabinet is going to contain GOP elite like Christy and Giuilliani and possibly friends from the real estate lobby and banking industry. You get what you pay for

Old 11-09-2016, 06:04 PM

Quote:

And sexual assault is a crime.
Fake made up story. One of the girls who accused Trump of raping her when she was 13 cancelled her news conference this week and has disappeared from the news. I wonder why.

Quote:
And the FBI looked at Clinton twice
Three times when you include her "Foundation" and that investigation is still ongoing.

ALSO FYI:

Quote:
US Code 18 Part I Chapter 101 2701 (a)Whoever willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, or destroys, or attempts to do so, or, with intent to do so takes and carries away any record, proceeding, map, book, paper, document, or other thing, filed or deposited with any clerk or officer of any court of the United States, or in any public office, or with any judicial or public officer of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both
But the fact that you state "The FBI looked at Clinton TWICE" then basically admit you voted for her shows what low standards the left had for Clinton in general when it came to her honesty and integrity.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Fake made up story. One of the girls who accused Trump of raping her when she was 13 cancelled her news conference this week and has disappeared from the news. I wonder why.
Was this not Donald Trump's voice? Man, someone must have great voice reconstruction software to fake this one...http://www.tmz.com/2016/10/07/donald...bus-recording/

Interestingly, this destroyed one man's career in a matter of hours (Bush), but had little to no effect on Donald Trump. You know, the guy admitting sexual assault?

And "fake story"...I love that defense. Kind of sad that people don't take sexual crimes seriously. What if that was your daughter/child? Terrible.

Quote:
OK, then why didn't the FBI press charges. Please, no conspiracy nonsense BS.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Pretty hilarious people are happy about Trump being an "outsider", when his VP is a career politician, and his cabinet is going to contain GOP elite like Christy and Giuilliani and possibly friends from the real estate lobby and banking industry. You get what you pay for
At least he's seeding his inner circle with actual Americans and not guys like Prince alwaleed bin talal, and Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani like Clinton did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland