Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 05:50 PM

882 posts, read 688,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Some of these illegal immigrants are fleeing violence. Is it reasonable to ask them to wait their turn? It's like going to a mechanic with a bad oil leak, only to be told that you have to wait because the person ahead of you needs their wipers changed. Hospitals prioritize patients and it's not first come, first served. Why can't we do that with immigration?
And the hyperbole continues. Sorry, yes they will need to wait their turn like everyone else.

The comment was made earlier in this thread that you may not have seen (or perhaps you're ignoring it). America should not be the world's police. Policies shouldn't be made with all these exceptions (otherwise everyone will become an exception). There are millions of people that want to live in America. If you are advocating open borders, then please tell everyone how that would be done. If not, then please stop with the hyperbole and the picking of winners and losers. We've had 8 years of that and clearly the people in the battleground states (the ones that decide elections have said enough!). In addition, there are plenty of people in this state that are much softer on how far they want to go to protect those already in the state illegally. The fact that 74% don't want the policies of Sanctuary Cities to continue should tell you that.

http://news.berkeley.edu/2015/09/04/...y-flexibility/

Californians strongly oppose “sanctuary city” policies under which local authorities ignore federal requests to detain undocumented immigrants who have been arrested but are about to be released, according to a new poll released today by the Institute of Governmental Studies (IGS) at UC Berkeley.

Opposition to the sanctuary city policies crossed the political spectrum, and included 73 percent of Democrats, 82 percent of Republicans and 71 percent of independents.

Even in California, the residents want law enforcement to cooperate with each other. This shouldn't be that hard to understand.

If you want to ignore what's been said, that's up to you. It's not going to change anything. We are heading toward actually enforcing our immigration laws and putting America first. As far as I'm concerned, that's a good thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2017, 05:53 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,054,276 times
Quote:
Some of these illegal immigrants are fleeing violence. Is it reasonable to ask them to wait their turn? It's like going to a mechanic with a bad oil leak, only to be told that you have to wait because the person ahead of you needs their wipers changed. Hospitals prioritize patients and it's not first come, first served. Why can't we do that with immigration?
Fleeing violence?
That's a ridiculous excuse considering the United States isn't even geographically close to any current war zones. There are plenty of neighboring countries near those war zones that could be taking refugees, like the incredibly rich Gulf Arab nations for instance. You would think they would be interested in helping their fellow Syrian muslims escape violence? They have more than enough money to do so.

Old 02-01-2017, 05:58 PM

30,891 posts, read 36,937,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charbo View Post
Truth.

Did it ever occur to the illegal immigrant champions that the lives of American citizens are being adversely impacted, e.g. crime, housing availability, escalating medical costs ? Seriously. These dolts want to divert taxpayers money to protect non-citizens! I didn't vote Trump, but I totally understand why Americans did when it comes to this issue.
Yep, I could have written the above post.

I can only add that the globalists don't care about the people of America--or any country for that matter. They want massive immigration so they can water down and eventually eliminate the sense of individual national identities. It's a power play on their part. Globalist sociopaths manipulate people's emotions to get them to support the globalist new world order agenda.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:04 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,983,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
Just amazing that illegal immigrant lives are more important than the legal citizens. This is why Trump got elected. People are sick of this Liberal, "progressive", globalist, anti-American agenda.
It's a mental illness. Virtue signaling has become the new "look at me" movement. Sally Yates destroyed her career in the Federal government openly defying the law just so she could virtue signal. It's a sickness.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:11 PM

30,891 posts, read 36,937,375 times
Quote:
Look, I do support jail time and/or deportation for undocumented aliens who violate other laws. But not just because they're here illegally.
The U.S. can not and should not play good samaritan to the whole world. We need to take better care of our own down and out. Other countries, even ones open to immigration such as Australia, New Zealand, & Canada, would never tolerate the mess we have here.

There's another agenda going on here--and it has nothing to do with compassion.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:15 PM

787 posts, read 643,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
The U.S. can not and should not play good samaritan to the whole world. We need to take better care of our own down and out. Other countries, even ones open to immigration such as Australia, New Zealand, & Canada, would never tolerate the mess we have here.

Exactly.

Where, and when the USA got the warped idea that they are capable of, should be, or it might be a good idea to attempt to be "world police", I don't know, nor care to be educated on quite frankly, because no reasoning will excuse it as the right thing to do.

Even when I was active duty I hated the superiority complex that this nation has with regards to the rest of the world.

We have homless, gang violence, national debt, inequality, unemployment, and yet we want to spend even more money to sit in another country, harass their citizens, and just be flat out bullies.

How about we eliminate ALL national debt before we go stomping around the planet, just like you should pay all your bills before you go splurging after a paycheck.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:17 PM

6,819 posts, read 9,049,484 times
I'm just shaking my head at the ignorance displayed in this thread. Do any of you read newspapers? Have you not heard about people in Central America being threatened with shootings if they don't join gangs? How about all the former American allies in the Middle East who risked their lives to help US soldiers who are now told they're not welcome?

If you're going to keep going on about liberals, I wll give you the point that half the voters wanted change. But the other half wanted something else, call it the status quo if you want. They didn't want this immigrant bashing.

Do I wish there was no "illegal" immigration? Of course. But the reality is that people come here any way they can because they want a better life.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:21 PM

Quote:
I'm just shaking my head at the ignorance displayed in this thread. Do any of you read newspapers? Have you not heard about people in Central America being threatened with shootings if they don't join gangs? How about all the former American allies in the Middle East who risked their lives to help US soldiers who are now told they're not welcome?

If you're going to keep going on about liberals, I wll give you the point that half the voters wanted change. But the other half wanted something else, call it the status quo if you want. They didn't want this immigrant bashing.

Do I wish there was no "illegal" immigration? Of course. But the reality is that people come here any way they can because they want a better life.
It's not an excuse.

If you care that deeply for people of other nations then go do selfless work and make a difference individually.

The bottom line is that this country can't even fix it's own problems and help it's own citizens.

I don't care how heartless you think it is - other people in other countries are not our problem, and they shouldn't be.

There is always going to be injustice, hunger, and poverty in the world. We can't all be a world population of millionaires.

It's immature and unrealistic to expect the USA to be everyone's "savior". It's also a fact that this isn't the only welcoming nation nor is it the only nation well off enough to provide a comfortable life, so let's not pretend like it's the only option.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:22 PM

6,819 posts, read 9,049,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post

Why don't we close up borders. While we're at it, let's eliminate imports of foreign made products. Let's be entirely self sustaining. That way we can take better care of our down and out, instead of subsizing the rest of the world.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Why don't we close up borders. While we're at it, let's eliminate imports of foreign made products. Let's be entirely self sustaining. That way we can take better care of our down and out, instead of subsizing the rest of the world.
You can keep trade open and still close your borders to immigration.

Funny you act as if that's a package deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland