Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 01:31 PM

4,315 posts, read 6,277,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhhgrad View Post
My husband and I are thinking about relocating from the central valley to the East Bay (Pleasanton/Dublin/San Ramon) area. I would like input on specific areas to live (or avoid). What are the pros/cons of the cities listed above? I see that Livermore is less expensive but doesn't seem nearly as nice or have as good of schools.

Our main criteria are:
1- Great schools. We have children ages 6 and 8.
2- Little crime. I want to feel SAFE.

Please share info on schools/locations, etc. Any advice would be appreciated.
Dublin - Feels like two cities. The older part seems to have originated as more of a working class community, with not so great housing stock (even that is expensive). The newer housing stock (on the east side) is nicer and more upscale, but is sort of weirdly placed (adjacent to county jail and military base). Dublin doesn't have a downtown and not much character, in my opinion. Schools are decent to great, but I think the high school is not quite as good as the other communities (it is catching up though).

San Ramon - Suburban, also without a downtown. The older housing stock on the west side has a more upscale feel vs Dublin. If you go to the east side, the Gale Ranch area is brand new and feels like an entirely new community. Lots of homes on golf courses, and adjacent to Danville, which is even nicer. Schools are great.

Pleasanton - Suburban, but with a cute little downtown. By and large upscale to wealthy, although there are a few areas near 580 that area older and not as nice (more comparable to Dublin than San Ramon). Great schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland