Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2017, 02:29 PM

911 posts, read 590,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post
I'm willing to bet anything & everything that I'll never return to this section of the forum once I have indeed left this area. There would be nothing for me here, and frankly, there's nothing to make me want to return.
So why be here now? Baba Ram Dass?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
I can't say that ALL people are rude, but I can say that there have been a considerable amount of more rude, than friendly.
... speaking of the majority of the 8 million you've met since you've been here, no doubt?

Old 04-17-2017, 02:36 PM

2,096 posts, read 2,325,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleysOwl View Post
... speaking of the majority of the 8 million you've met since you've been here, no doubt?
I didn't realize we were going to be totally spot on with this, so let me be even more clear. The majority of the people I have actually interacted with, there have been more naughty, than nice. Better?

Old 04-17-2017, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
The Bay Area population is one of the highest educated ,financially and professionally accomplished in the nation.
Having Stanford and UCBerkeley here is like having Oxford and Harvard 40 minutes apart.

The biotechnology,finance,technology ,medical and venture capital industries attract the best and brightest from all over the world.

Owning real estate in a desirable area of the urban inner core of the Bay Area for 15-20 years has an incredible rise in in equity(in the range of $1-3million)

The top 1% income in SAN Francisco is $800,000+

There people in places like Palo Alto,presidio heights and piedmont who measure net worth in tens of millions of dollars not millions.

A lot of people post here about moving to the Bay Area because their income will rise from $50 thousand to $80,000 not understanding this does not come close to compensating for the high cost of living

Not everyone can make it here but the ones who are succeeding really enjoy life.

Funny how highly educated successful Areas are liberal
Yeah, but ...

Old 04-17-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:
I didn't realize we were going to be totally spot on with this, so let me be even more clear. The majority of the people I have actually interacted with, there have been more naughty, than nice. Better?
Not really, no. What % of the 8 million Bay Area residents have you interacted with? And what % of an extremely vast and diverse group do think is sufficient to gauge by?

Old 04-17-2017, 02:44 PM

3,244 posts, read 6,298,765 times
Quote:
Know what the following all have in common?
Colin Powell
Jeb Bush
John McCain
GW Bush
GHW Bush
Dick Cheney
John Kasich
Bill Kristol
Lindsey Graham
David Brooks
Ben Sasse

This is a list of the worst war loving RINO slimeball fake conservatives that should all be flushed down the sewer of American politics! Its difficult to pick the most despicable one from this list. I say its a toss up between insane "lets start WWIII" McCain and super annoying John Kasicko. #TRUMP2020!

Old 04-17-2017, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
This is a list of the worst war loving RINO slimeball fake conservatives that should all be flushed down the sewer of American politics! Its difficult to pick the most despicable one from this list. I say its a toss up between insane "lets start WWIII" McCain and super annoying John Kasicko. #TRUMP2020!
No argument they are a ratty crew. But that isnt the point. They ARE the conservative standard bearers. Trump is not. He's just an amoral simpleton narcissist lying demagogue.

Old 04-17-2017, 03:03 PM

702 posts, read 953,858 times
Another thing I love about the bay area: the only outlet that conservatives have for all of their pent up anger is online message boards.

Old 04-17-2017, 03:15 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketch89 View Post
Another thing I love about the bay area: the only outlet that conservatives have for all of their pent up anger is online message boards.
Usually, conservatives live among other conservatives, or they find each other through civic organizations (Rotary, etc.), or through work if they're in certain professions.

Old 04-17-2017, 03:17 PM

2,096 posts, read 2,325,259 times
Quote:
Not really, no. What % of the 8 million Bay Area residents have you interacted with? And what % of an extremely vast and diverse group do think is sufficient to gauge by?
Pi Squared? Or maybe the slope intercept of X?

Again, my point is.....Through the many many people I have indeed met or interacted with, there have been more unpleasant rather than pleasant. So, from that experience specifically, there's my reasoning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland