U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 03-09-2008, 08:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,404 times
Default Do San Franciscans Host International Students?

Hi -

There are a few international students who want to live with American families or individuals in San Francisco in homestay situations and it's really tough to find people willing to open their homes. Hosting an international student is such a rewarding experience because if helps enrich your family if you have children by introducing them to people from other cultures and a great stipend is paid. Is there anyone out there who would be willing to open their home to a student who is only trying to better themselves and learn first hand how Americans live? If you have good conversational English speaking skills it's a great opportunity. Do people know about this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 03-10-2008, 01:56 AM

8,073 posts, read 3,418,654 times
I would consider doing this but first I have to make my own nest in San Francisco. I haven't moved yet...I will certainly think about it when I am settled.
It's a great idea, making it possible for someone who would otherwise miss out on the opportunity to come study in the US.

Unread 08-16-2009, 10:35 AM

1 posts, read 942 times
I would like to host. I have 4 rooms available but currently have 3 rooms. I am already hosting to one student with breakfast and dinner included. call me at 415 756 4806

thank you
faiyaz

Unread 08-16-2009, 10:38 AM

46,822 posts, read 41,270,422 times
i have had negative experiences with the same.
a former san francisco
resident
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland