Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 07:22 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,983,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
Can we play guess the race?

oh wait... no need....

damn racist white people at it again...wish they would stop shooting and their gangs
Are all white people child molesters/rapists/pedophiles and serial killers, opiate addicted and toothless, jobless, numb skulls? Nasty track marks, tattoos, and acne.

Seems that way if one were to lump them all together by race.

If I saw your white skin walking down the street, should I automatically assume that you're one of those oxy/heroin/meth addicts and fear for my safety? Gonna rob my house for your next pill?

Imagine if that were you being targeted/feared/stereotyped all the time--solely because of the melanin in your skin and constant fear and mistrust from people because of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
It's like saying why do video survelience footage matter anyways! Descriptions make a difference but leaving out their race is like saying a person instead of man or woman. And what I find so hypocritical is if it's a White person Sfgate is all over it, Black person nope, BART wont even release footage of criminals. This is trending and it's sort of alarming
You wouldn't know them to identify them anyway. The police release details if they don't already have a suspect. It's not necessary to mention their race if they don't require the public's help.

SFGate, btw...is not the San Francisco Chronicle. If you want actual journalism nowadays, you need to pay for it. It's a tabloid for really cheap people (must be an Asian trait? )

Old 08-04-2017, 07:46 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,918,856 times
When did I say sfgate is the same as the chronicle? I said sfgate doesnt mention race in any description if the suspect is Black. Many times it will say the age, hair color, height, build but leave out race... it's kind of important.

Old 08-04-2017, 07:58 PM

Quote:
When did I say sfgate is the same as the chronicle? I said sfgate doesnt mention race in any description if the suspect is Black. Many times it will say the age, hair color, height, build but leave out race... it's kind of important.

Why is it important? Again I ask...if the police already have a suspect then why do YOU need to know---what difference does it make? So you and all the other racist types can look at every black person---or Hispanic person with suspicion?

Old 08-04-2017, 08:06 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,259,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
Why is it important? Again I ask...if the police already have a suspect then why do YOU need to know---what difference does it make? So you and all the other racist types can look at every black person---or Hispanic person with suspicion?
Fun fact: did you know that every breed of dog exhibits the exact same characteristics as every other breed?

I think you should change your name to clonegirl

Old 08-04-2017, 08:20 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,492,418 times
Quote:
Why does the race of the murderers matter? You wouldn't know them anyway. It seems only necessary for people like you to make a racial issue of it.

I don't care what race they are. I could tell you that I had a friend shot and killed by Asians (his friend was also shot, but survived) --Chinese murderers (( gang member)) to be specific--

I also caught red handed a Chinese kid breaking into my car, trying to yank out my stereo system (back in 90's). I also was involved with some Filipino gangs/gang members back in the day--Some in Oakland/ Vallejo/San Francisco/Hayward/Fairfield. I also knew a lot of Cholos and such long ago--

I am also part Chinese. I certainly wouldn't try to make a stupid point about all Chinese/Asian people being in gangs or that they are somehow more violent or prone to violence.

I personally have been more affected by criminal behavior by Asians ---BUT

It certainly doesn't make me more suspicious of Asians any more than blacks or Latinos or whites.
Because it's definitely not the norm. Race is a unfortunately a huge indicator in these types of situations. Acknowledging problems that exist in some subcultures isn't racism.

For example - I'm Mexican and one of our problems is low political participation and reduced academic achievement. Trying to obfuscate the reality doesn't help - and we need to address the problems that exist in Hispanic culture that drives these statistics so we can eliminate them.

Old 08-04-2017, 08:26 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,918,856 times
Quote:
Text book 2017 Liberal... disagrees with me.. call him a RACIST!

Old 08-04-2017, 08:38 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,344,305 times
Quote:
You're acting in bad faith when you post these types of comments.

The point is that stereotypes mean that if you're a member of that group tagged with that stereotype, the burden of proof is on that person unless otherwise.

Case in point: If a white kid shoots up a place (e.g. Dylan Roof) - killing folks = he's said to be mentally deficient but we don't tag white people as clinically depressed nor a meth addicts. He's allowed to be an individual. Now if a person of color commits a crime, the whole group is saddled with that.

Stereotypes:

Mexicans = illegals immigrants, criminals

African Americans = thugs

Muslims = terrorists who don't assimilate to American standards

White people aren't tagged with being criminals as a whole when someone shoots up or goes on a killing spree. That's called a double standard.

Old 08-04-2017, 08:56 PM

Quote:
No. I just have opinions based on my experiences from bring from an Asian family, a white family--full of educators, from San Francisco/Bay Area AND being older than you. Not about politics. I am also married to an immigrant (via green card lottery/now a citizen) from Europe. I've lived abroad and traveled the world and have everything I need here in one of the most expensive places in America to live. I have no complaints and don't think I'm special--just lucky and blessed in so many ways.

Being a Liberal isn't a bad word. It's not an insult to me. I'm not that immature and childish. It's about progress, forward thinking in all areas. What's lies ahead in terms of socio-economics, education, technology, medicine, health, science, immigration, women's rights..the Declaration of Independence- that "all men are created equal"... I think forward,not back and know from history and what's going on in other places in the world that the days that many conservatives long for are never, ever, coming back again.

I'm not extreme--just practical and care about those that are often left behind (for many, many, reasons). I am also not inclined to just throw money at problems or demonize all conservative ideas either. I'm pretty much in the left leaning side of the middle-

I CAN and WILL disagree with you, bmw---car guy. I never called anyone a racist, btw. Few admit to that word--but get very angry when confronted with their auto pilot bias.

Old 08-04-2017, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSR13 View Post
Fun fact: did you know that every breed of dog exhibits the exact same characteristics as every other breed?

I think you should change your name to clonegirl
OK, random creepy stranger on a message board with nothing of importance or interest to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland