Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 11:34 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,225,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciroccot View Post
Hard to know for sure if they are just overhyping the whole thing, but some friends mentioned the possibility of lots of trouble if the event goes ahead. I inquired as to why this could happen in peaceful and mellow San Francisco. Well, apparently there is quite a few WN supporters living in the city. San Francisco and Sacramento being centers for those organizations in the Nor Cal area. This made some sense as I recall some years back chatting with a Black dude and he mentioned how many Aryans were living around Ocean Beach. Total surprise to me even as I do not follow such trends or maybe don't want to know about them.

What concerns me most is that I live just off GG park and the prospect of looting or vandalism in our area is certainly quite high. There will be full on riots if they allow the Antifa and WN groups in the same venue.
You're worried about "white nationalists" looting and vandalizing your property? Why?

And this thread is about a patriot march, so why are you prattling on about "Aryans" and "White nationalists"? Are you just blindly adopting the media's stance of smearing all white demonstrators with these slurs and ascribing ideology to them when you have no information on which to base this?

Old 08-16-2017, 12:17 PM

404 posts, read 193,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
You're worried about "white nationalists" looting and vandalizing your property? Why?

And this thread is about a patriot march, so why are you prattling on about "Aryans" and "White nationalists"? Are you just blindly adopting the media's stance of smearing all white demonstrators with these slurs and ascribing ideology to them when you have no information on which to base this?
Dude, it matters little anymore who is peaceful and who is not at these type of events. Inevitably, it will turn into a mass melee regardless of who attends on the day.

Do you not fully realize, patriots just as White nationalists are inflammatory words for a considerable part of the Liberal community. That is fact. Liberals have now turned off their ears to even debating the distinctions. As they prepare to do war, the more militant and violent sections of each ideology will converge on any gathering or protest.

This is the world we live in, and just have to get used to it.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:18 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,277,565 times
https://news.vice.com/story/vice-new...ace-and-terror

Anyone defending the alt-right is out of their minds at this point.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:19 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
They have a legal right to march. We cant allow our fears or dislike of their message to cause us to try and silence the voices of those we disagree with.

I wish people would stop marching against each other and instead sit down and talk to each other.
I agree

I don't know why people don't just ignore crazies; they usually just go away. The amount of people that believe the white supremacist nonsense is so tiny that they don't mater. They want the attention since it is the only way to get their message out. If the news didn't report it and no counter protesters showed up they would stop marching because it would make no difference.

It is like how they stopped showing streakers during sporting events and when the attention went away the streaking stoped. Ignore them for what they are, dumb mouth breathers.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:40 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,277,565 times
Too bad we have a president who refuses to actually call these crazy people what they are. Instead, he says both sides are to blame, which is utter nonsense.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:43 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimuso View Post
No, the event should be allowed to take place. The police should do their jobs, and the counter protesters should also be allowed to do their thing at a distance.
I agree. And let's reiterate that the police should act exactly as they do with any other protest.

For example, if there is even remotely a hint of a Black Lives Matter protest or a person with a sign shows up, dozens of police officers show up in riot gear. But in Charlottesville, when the white supremacist protesters clearly had ill intent with torches and weapons, the police treated them like it was a 4th of July parade.

Free speech allows people to say what they want. That also means people can show up and disagree. That is not a violation of your free speech.

But if I do not see police officers in riot gear with hoses and batons, it is a clear signal that not all protests are created equal.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:49 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I agree

I don't know why people don't just ignore crazies; they usually just go away. The amount of people that believe the white supremacist nonsense is so tiny that they don't mater. They want the attention since it is the only way to get their message out. If the news didn't report it and no counter protesters showed up they would stop marching because it would make no difference.

It is like how they stopped showing streakers during sporting events and when the attention went away the streaking stoped. Ignore them for what they are, dumb mouth breathers.

No the the amount of people who believe in white supremacy is not tiny, nor is it insignificant and nor is it harmless. Most of the incidents of domestic terrorism have come from this movement.

https://www.axios.com/fbi-and-dhs-re...472924837.html
White extremist murders: Killed at least 60 in U.S. since 1995.
https://theintercept.com/2017/01/31/...w-enforcement/
White Supremacists More Dangerous To America Than Foreign Terrorists, Study Says | HuffPost
Homegrown Terrorism and Why the Threat of Right-Wing Extremism Is Rising in America

These people have been emboldened by Trump's presidency and refusal to denounce their behavior. There sentiments are reflected in broader American culture - directly and indirectly.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:52 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciroccot View Post
Pelosi challenges Park Service on permit for 'white supremacist' rally in San Francisco

In the interests of public safety, this event should not be allowed to take place. The very idea of pitch battles between White Patriot supporters and Antifa is enough to sign the petition to ban this event before the Richmond district is ransacked and destroyed.
Why can't everyone demonstrate peacefully? Police can be out in force, to watch out for out-of-control nutjobs.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSR13 View Post
Arrest Soros and you'll magically find these types of protests become much less violent.
Yeah, right. They'll magically disappear. Just like the KKK has vanished.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

I wish people would stop marching against each other and instead sit down and talk to each other.
Right. Like this is actually possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland