U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2017, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 700 times

Advertisements

While doing my normal weekday commute to the city, someone stole my catalytic converter as my vehicle sat in the Bart parking lot. I'm looking for alternative ways to get to Pitt/Bay Point Bart. I looked at possibly taking the Tri-Delta bus, but have seen mix reviews. I don't care whether or not the drivers are friendly or the condition of the bus and people. I can tolerate a lot, but what I cannot tolerate is being late.

Does anyone use the Tri-Delta bus method to get to Bay Pointy Bart and if so, what are your thoughts?
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2017, 11:21 AM

631 posts, read 671,235 times
Took the 300 every day for six months a couple of years ago. It sits in traffic just like a car (the carpool lane doesn't help much), so expect to miss your train whenever traffic is heavier than usual. I just baked that time into my schedule. Give yourself enough time to miss one train and still be on time.

Old 09-22-2017, 06:07 PM

521 posts, read 479,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321xyz View Post
While doing my normal weekday commute to the city, someone stole my catalytic converter as my vehicle sat in the Bart parking lot. I'm looking for alternative ways to get to Pitt/Bay Point Bart. I looked at possibly taking the Tri-Delta bus, but have seen mix reviews. I don't care whether or not the drivers are friendly or the condition of the bus and people. I can tolerate a lot, but what I cannot tolerate is being late.

Does anyone use the Tri-Delta bus method to get to Bay Pointy Bart and if so, what are your thoughts?
You commute from Brentwood to the city everyday? You're a hero. I couldn't do it. But, aside from that, all buses are prone to delays, Tri Detla is no different. One bus system that I find to be horribly underrated is the West Cat that serves West Contra Costa. It's always on time, clean (relative to AC Transit and County Connection buses) and has a direct bus route to the city for only 5 bucks. You honestly should move to the nice suburbs in West County. It's about the same price as Brentwood.

Old 09-23-2017, 01:09 PM

483 posts, read 422,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelatedTherapy View Post
You commute from Brentwood to the city everyday? You're a hero. I couldn't do it. But, aside from that, all buses are prone to delays, Tri Detla is no different. One bus system that I find to be horribly underrated is the West Cat that serves West Contra Costa. It's always on time, clean (relative to AC Transit and County Connection buses) and has a direct bus route to the city for only 5 bucks. You honestly should move to the nice suburbs in West County. It's about the same price as Brentwood.
Agreed, Westcat is clean, nice, and on-time. I would also rather live in West County than Brentwood. It's a better commute and the weather and scenery are much nicer. Schools are better rated in Brentwood, but I don't put too much stock in school ratings which primarily reflect demographics, English-language learners, etc. Parental involvement in schools is more important and if you can cut down your commute it gives you more time to be involved with kids. Brentwood does have newer, bigger housing stock generally if that's important to you.

Old 09-23-2017, 01:36 PM

521 posts, read 479,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashystyle View Post
Agreed, Westcat is clean, nice, and on-time. I would also rather live in West County than Brentwood. It's a better commute and the weather and scenery are much nicer. Schools are better rated in Brentwood, but I don't put too much stock in school ratings which primarily reflect demographics, English-language learners, etc. Parental involvement in schools is more important and if you can cut down your commute it gives you more time to be involved with kids. Brentwood does have newer, bigger housing stock generally if that's important to you.
I was trying hard to buy in West County, but ending up settling with Vallejo. Same weather as west county, but cheaper. However, commuting in Vallejo kinda sucks. Commuting in the North Bay compared to the East Bay in general sucks.

Old 09-24-2017, 04:14 PM

483 posts, read 422,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelatedTherapy View Post
I was trying hard to buy in West County, but ending up settling with Vallejo. Same weather as west county, but cheaper. However, commuting in Vallejo kinda sucks. Commuting in the North Bay compared to the East Bay in general sucks.
All true. Vallejo does have great weather and a little more history, urban bones, and small-scale arts and culture though. But the commute is tough. 80 is just awful, and it's worse when you are starting in the North Bay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland