Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 12:49 AM

104 posts, read 724,421 times

Advertisements

bvhp415,

Near the BART station would probably not be my first choice. There are busses that run to the BART station. If you want to plan around transit, you can go to transit.511.org.

When I lived in Antioch, there was a bus that ran from the Hillcrest Park & Ride to the Walnut Creek BART station (down Ygnacio). It cost $1.75, but that was a few years ago. I loved riding that bus. It had tour bus seats and lights, so I could turn them off and nap during my ride!

For $250K, you're better off looking for a condo or townhome in a nice area of Concord, IMO. You want a place where you can walk safely, etc.

You might want to expand your search to Pleasant Hill. I don't know if they have town homes, but it's worth a try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 10:37 PM

14 posts, read 96,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvhp415 View Post
That's good to hear. Living around a large Latino immigrant population doesn't sound like it should be a dangerous area to live in.
quite contrar, theres shootings on detroit ave all the time n its right next to the bart station. ive seen people get jumped, stabbed, raped, stay away from detroit/monument. nicer areas of concord would b east concord like clayton/treat or anything towards the city of clayton. theres a bus that will get u to bart from clayton in no time. i dont know much about vallejo, but it's much worse to live there than clayton, but they do have some nice complex's, no bart there though. good lucc

Old 09-25-2008, 01:41 AM

188 posts, read 917,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Murda View Post
quite contrar, theres shootings on detroit ave all the time n its right next to the bart station. ive seen people get jumped, stabbed, raped, stay away from detroit/monument. nicer areas of concord would b east concord like clayton/treat or anything towards the city of clayton. theres a bus that will get u to bart from clayton in no time. i dont know much about vallejo, but it's much worse to live there than clayton, but they do have some nice complex's, no bart there though. good lucc
Im not saying its the nicest area but have you really seen people get raped on detroit ave? Did you call the police or do something about it "Jay Murda"?

Old 09-25-2008, 05:48 PM

186 posts, read 473,855 times
Quote:
Okay, don't get carried away. Shootings all the time??? Please. I swear some of the people on here have the biggest imaginations and need to not give advice to others. I would not want to live on monument or detroit myself, but its not THAT bad.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:33 PM

331 posts, read 1,307,786 times
Detroit Ave and that whole area is where a lot of drug dealers do their business. So you have to use common sense and think about all of the other crime that would come with drug dealings. If you want to live there, just be careful and use your common sense. Living near the Concord North BART station is much better in my opinion.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:58 PM

1,554 posts, read 5,276,402 times
You guys must have nervous breakdowns in San Francisco, Oakland or any non suburban city if you think the Detroit/Monument area of concord are bad. You cant serious.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker400 View Post
Im not saying its the nicest area but have you really seen people get raped on detroit ave? Did you call the police or do something about it "Jay Murda"?
no but ive seen women attacced for not talkin to certain dudes plus people tell me of girls gettin raped who hasnt heard it n if i seen a woman gettin raped i wouldnt call the police id do somethin about it myself

Old 10-09-2008, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
You guys must have nervous breakdowns in San Francisco, Oakland or any non suburban city if you think the Detroit/Monument area of concord are bad. You cant serious.
come live here for a little while for u talk about it. ive been everywhere n i aint sayin its the worst place cuz it definitely isnt but it isnt the safest **** everyone living here knows that

Old 10-10-2008, 11:42 AM

1,554 posts, read 5,276,402 times
Quote:
come live here for a little while for u talk about it. ive been everywhere n i aint sayin its the worst place cuz it definitely isnt but it isnt the safest **** everyone living here knows that
I live in Oakland. Concord is not going to shock me. Please.

Old 10-10-2008, 03:26 PM

186 posts, read 473,855 times
Quote:
okay muthafucca do u live here? if not dont say **** idiot
I've lived in Concord since I was 6, I am 22 now. I live right off of monument, so yesss I do live 'here.' I also know people who live on detroit and they will say the SAME thing...its not that bad!

You can get mad all you want...maybe you're trying to get street cred for being from Concord??? hahaha Pleaseee....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland