Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 03:52 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,259,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Yea but OC people are good looking. Maybe black hawk women are. Who knows.

But there are so few housewives in the bay, as everyone has to work and people in the bay spend more time at work than with families.

So many women in the bay are pale, with their main source of light being lights from the office. Not the sun. Their fashion is terrible too. So it's just not something people are going to want to look at on TV. LoL
Ah, you definitely aren't familiar with Blackhawk then! It's a very interesting place, pretty much identical to South OC... gated golf course mansions, trophy wives, plastic surgery, Ferraris, swimming pools, and bc it's inland, certainly plenty of warm and sunny weather for sitting by said pool. For some people, it's paradise; for others, hell on Earth.

When you see some of the homes, you'll understand why pro athletes are drawn to them. Those guys don't want a charming historic craftsmen in Berkeley. They want big and flashy.

Last edited by tstieber; 03-18-2018 at 04:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2018, 02:26 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,007,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
Blackhawk is mostly Asian and in general Asian Women don't date African American athaletes with the exception of some working class Southeast Asians who don't live in the area. African American athaletes tend to be obsessed with the Blonde Sorority types.
Asians have taken over blackhawk? Jesus. I thought white still lived there.

Old 03-18-2018, 02:46 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,351,037 times
Quote:
Blackhawk is mostly Asian and in general Asian Women don't date African American athaletes with the exception of some working class Southeast Asians who don't live in the area. African American athletes tend to be obsessed with the Blonde Sorority types.
Oh really? Been reading too many of your Arthur Jensen, Sam Francis and Philippe Rushton articles lately?

Last edited by silverkris; 03-18-2018 at 03:03 PM..

Old 03-19-2018, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Maybe I'm thinking more of the new sub divisions in Eastern San Ramon but it's in that general vicinity.
You could certainly be right about that. Outside the gates, San Ramon City Limits starts pretty soon, and I know the Tri-Valley area has become very heavily Asian over the last 10 or 15 years. Nice homes in neighborhoods with good schools all around that area. I wouldn't mind living out there.

Old 03-22-2018, 10:03 AM

Can someone please explain something? A couple of my posts above were deleted for being "orphaned," which I believe means they were responses to someone who deleted their original comments to which I responded. That's fine. But they were also labeled "racist," which is crazy! Someone else had said that Blackhawk is "mostly Asian," which is a false generalization, to which I provided actual demographic statistics to show racial makeup to dispel that racist statement. Meanwhile, statements like "black men prefer" certain kinds of women, or similar, remain in this thread. (Examples: "African American athaletes (sic)tend to be obsessed with the Blonde Sorority types," "Blackhawk is mostly Asian and in general Asian Women don't date African American athaletes (sic)," and "Asians Only Date White men.") How are those opinions not deemed racist, while actual demographic data is? Am I misunderstanding the purpose of these forums as being intended specifically for opinion rather than fact? I thought this was City "Data!" Very surprised to see this sort of backwards thought policing that clearly supports racism but pretends to do the opposite, and I presume this criticism wil be taken down soon as well. Really disillusioning for those of us who try to stay above the disinformation, petty arguments, and name calling to keep the forums productive. Maybe that's what gets the most engagement.

Last edited by tstieber; 03-22-2018 at 10:30 AM..

Old 03-22-2018, 10:58 AM

18,980 posts, read 32,640,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstieber View Post
Can someone please explain something? A couple of my posts above were deleted for being "orphaned," which I believe means they were responses to someone who deleted their original comments to which I responded. That's fine. But they were also labeled "racist," which is crazy! Someone else had said that Blackhawk is "mostly Asian," which is a false generalization, to which I provided actual demographic statistics to show racial makeup to dispel that racist statement. Meanwhile, statements like "black men prefer" certain kinds of women, or similar, remain in this thread. (Examples: "African American athaletes (sic)tend to be obsessed with the Blonde Sorority types," "Blackhawk is mostly Asian and in general Asian Women don't date African American athaletes (sic)," and "Asians Only Date White men.") How are those opinions not deemed racist, while actual demographic data is? Am I misunderstanding the purpose of these forums as being intended specifically for opinion rather than fact? I thought this was City "Data!" Very surprised to see this sort of backwards thought policing that clearly supports racism but pretends to do the opposite, and I presume this criticism wil be taken down soon as well. Really disillusioning for those of us who try to stay above the disinformation, petty arguments, and name calling to keep the forums productive. Maybe that's what gets the most engagement.
The post you were responding to was probably labeled "racist" and were deleted, not your own posts. Same thing happened to me.

Old 03-22-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
The post you were responding to was probably labeled "racist" and were deleted, not your own posts. Same thing happened to me.
Ah, makes sense. Odd how much racist stuff remains though...

Old 03-24-2018, 04:28 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,223,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstieber View Post
Ah, makes sense. Odd how much racist stuff remains though...
How is it racist to talk about the fact that Asians don't go for black pro athletes very often? Its something we all can observe as a visible trend or phenomenon regarding inter-racial dating and marriage. Its reality, not some kind of strange *theory* about races that nobody actually believes in (referring here to the actual definition of "racism")

Old 03-25-2018, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
How is it racist to talk about the fact that Asians don't go for black pro athletes very often? Its something we all can observe as a visible trend or phenomenon regarding inter-racial dating and marriage. Its reality, not some kind of strange *theory* about races that nobody actually believes in (referring here to the actual definition of "racism")
Look, I'm not hypersensitive about these kinds of issues in the way many people are, and I'm fine having conversations, but I happen to believe that racism is more than just believing in theories of racial superiority; it's also actions. When people make generalizations about group behavior based on anecdotal observation, it's often distorted or exaggerated and not consistent with facts. I mean, a portion of this thread was deleted by the moderator, simply because somebody had said that Blackhawk was "mostly Asian," when in fact it is 74% White. I don't even think that was nearly as racist -- to generalize incorrectly about demographics -- as it is to generalize about people's dating preferences or behaviors. We can't assign behaviors to entire groups of people just because we see scattered examples of them in the media, because then we extrapolate the behaviors of the few to the entire group. We actually work with an African American client who is an NFL player in Southern California, and we deal exclusively with his wife, who is also African American and the exact opposite of the blonde, white Sorority Girl bimbo that people here said black guys like to go for. She is extraordinarily intelligent, well spoken, highly interesting, and she had a huge heart. Of course there are the OJ Simpsons of the world, but we just can't say that everybody of a certain race has the same preferences. Every person is a unique individual.

I'm not even sure why dating preferences and demographics would have mattered to the theme of this thread in the first place, because if we really think about it, is everyone dating and marrying their neighbors? Of course not. Most people meet their spouses at a party, a social function, a bar, or somewhere else out and about, and then they settle in a certain neighborhood. Whether or not there are a lot of Asian women in Blackhawk (there are actually five white women for each Asian woman), whether or not they would date black pro athletes, and why people commenting on this thread would automatically assume all pro athletes are black, are all irrelevant to the original question. Somehow a question of housing preferences turned into a question about race, and they were never related in the first place. I think that's an eye-opening reminder of how we like to pigeonhole people.

The simple reason that pro athletes do like to choose areas such as Blackhawk is because they can enjoy a certain lifestyle with gated security, large high-end homes, big lots, swimming pools, golf, sunshine, and privacy. It's that California Dream, and they can afford it.

Old 03-25-2018, 10:03 AM

3,098 posts, read 3,783,608 times
Quote:
The main reason African American athaletes want to live in those areas is because they have a reputation for having a lot of young attractive blonde White girls.
Athletes who are wealthy recognizable celebrities want to live in exclusive gated communities where they don't have to deal with being constantly approached by rabid fans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland