Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 02:45 PM

175 posts, read 793,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olytosf View Post
We are moving to the vallejo area for school but I am reading many bad things about vallejo so I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on better areas we should look at. Is Napa a nice/safe place to live? What about Novato? Any suggestions would be very helpful!!

Thank you.
We are looking at Benicia. Big NO on Vallejo it's the hood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 10:44 AM

5 posts, read 20,246 times
Default Anywhere but here

I answered a similar question in a post yesterday. I'll say it again here: don't move to Vallejo. I've lived here for over 20 years and I hate it. If I could, I would leave. There's NOTHING here except drugs and child molesters. Our roads are full of potholes and customer service at places like the post office is awful. Trust me, you don't want to live here.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:45 PM

7 posts, read 31,880 times
Quote:
I have been reading a lot of the other posts on here and nearly all of them are negative about vallejo in terms of safety and people tend to recommend looking anywhere else to live...if you search for other threads on vallejo you will definitely come across some. But I have also seen a couple where people like it, so its hard to tell. For me, I just read too many negatives to keep it on my list.
Thank you Olytosf!

We just got back from Cally the other day. I jumped the gun. My husband was giving me the 'area'. I can't remember the name...Benini?

Good luck with your search!

Old 04-10-2008, 03:48 PM

5 posts, read 20,246 times
You mean Benicia?

Old 04-25-2008, 04:05 PM

175 posts, read 793,685 times
Default Vallejo /Benicia

Quote:
Thank you very much for the suggestions. I have been using google maps to get estimated commute times to vallejo from all the various places folks have mentioned. I am wondering though if they are realistic estimates. Is it really about 30 minutes from Napa or is it totally dependent on time of day?

Are there areas of Vallejo that are even worth looking at or should we just steer clear completely?

Thanks again.
Oh forgot to mention-- Vallejo schools are horrible. HORRIBLE. Benicia on the other hand is the best in solano county. However, you will not find much diversity in Benicia (if that's what you were looking for) it is mostly white upper middle to upper class. Downside of Benicia is the refinery. It's downright ugly, ruins the view and sometimes puts out some horrid smoke. It can be windy and foggy at times but so are all areas around the bay. The city itself is kind of artsy and quite nice. Small though and you usually have to go elsewhere to shop. I'd recommend it for families because of the schools and it is a safer area.

Old 04-26-2008, 11:57 PM

5 posts, read 16,457 times
Cougar05.....just curious whats your race/ethincity? Upper, middle or lower class? (if you don't mind my asking)

Old 04-29-2008, 03:12 PM

7 posts, read 31,880 times
Benicia! Thank you.

I thought that area was beautiful. The town seemed 'artsy'. The main street is full of shops and bars are plentiful. lol

I consider upper middle class to be snotty. I didn't get that impression, but I only spent a day there. I liked it!

Old 04-01-2009, 10:59 PM

1 posts, read 3,487 times
if u want to live in the good parts of vallejo live in hiddenbrooke ,glencove, or the rich houses near jesse bethel in upper east vallejo but dont move 2 ,south vallejo, southeast vallejo, or west, north or central dnt live in the crest in rancho or college park or millersville or the hillside

Old 07-04-2009, 04:39 PM

19 posts, read 49,411 times
All of richmond is a bad area. If u move into east vallejo by the street leming you'll be coo just stay away from tha north side of Vallejo tha neighborhoods known as tha country club crest & college park....

Old 08-03-2010, 02:22 AM

10 posts, read 55,359 times
For anyone reading "All of richmond is a bad area." -- that's a broad brush. Point Richmond, East Richmond Hills and some other parts East of I-80 between El Sobrante and El Cerrito are decent. If you cross-check on CrimeReports.com, you'll see the concentrations of crime.

I'll grant that with a street address ending in "Richmond, CA", you might have trouble convincing guests from other parts of the Bay to come over for a dinner party or BBQ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland