Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2019, 10:58 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,117,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Well fine. You come back to let us know when you’ve managed to change the constitution and laws to allow you to execute police state policies so your dream can be realized. K?

By the way, speaking of “human flotsam” contributing and paying little to nothing while sucking off the national teat ... you just describe a WHOLE lot of lying, cheating Americans including some very wealthy ones running corporations.
Dude, it seems you dont know where we're headed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2019, 11:45 AM

21,734 posts, read 16,341,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Dude, it seems you dont know where we're headed.
Dude, I’m from Minnesota originally, then California based since mid 1960’s, retired military, in my 70’s ... Vietnam veteran ... raised family ... ran my own little print shop business until 2nd retirement. I know damn well where “we’re headed”.

Old 08-30-2019, 12:51 PM

639 posts, read 1,071,664 times
Quote:
You know the attitude of the politicians and law enforcement because you sit with them in their offices and they tell you this, eh? You are privy to their conversations with each other, social scientists and researchers, and attorneys huh. Not possible you simply can’t grasp the enormity of the crisis’ complexities nor that the rate of acceleration simply outpaces efforts applied? Nope. Not Genghis. His gut tells him what’s up!
Public officials in many cities openly admit that they no longer enforce various ordinances, and that in particular they don't arrest people for taking or dealing drugs in public. The police will acknowledge the same. "Minor" crime such as smash and grabs are given zero priority. Again they don't try to hide these things. I don't have to be privy to their conversations to realize this, and there's no gut involved. You can argue what it means to "not care" about these crimes, but in public statements they have the same attitude you had when you write "What makes you think it makes a good use of time and resources on an on-going basis relative to other demands?" In other words, "we have better things to do than worry about the fact that thousands of homeless people are roaming through downtown, taking drugs, defecating in public, harassing people, and breaking into vehicles."

Quote:
And imagine ANOTHER professional report among dozens if not hundreds around the nation that demonstrates that on average 90% of homeless become so only after having been long term local residents! What a concept that marginal populations are being displaced by skyrocketing rents and redevelopment! When will people come to their senses and consult the all seeing Anonymous Genghis?
Like it's only I who don't trust these stupid surveys. Recall Gavin Newsom, current governor of California and former mayor of San Francisco, recently made a comment about the homeless of San Francisco being from Texas. It may have been a ridiculous comment, but it does show that politicians at the highest level, including those from the Democratic Party, don't take them seriously.

Old 08-30-2019, 12:54 PM

639 posts, read 1,071,664 times
Quote:
As often, anonymous poster Genghis pops in with more unvalidated personal “gut” opinion ... lol.

Once again, we see an inability to analyze /interpret what is printed:

What IS homelessness, primarily, by definition, if not a “lack of affordable housing?”
The issue is what causes the inability to afford housing. A heroin habit and the associated priorities do leave little to spend on rent. So yeah I guess if you are interested in twisting the facts, a heroin addict can't find affordable housing.

Quote:
Can you document your denial of the “leading causes?”
What millions of Californians see every day as they walk down the street. What the homeless say in interview after interview.

Old 08-30-2019, 06:53 PM

782 posts, read 1,356,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llowllevellowll View Post
So, you haven't been back to visit but you're sure that it's an awful, liberal, literal-bleep show of a place?

Sorry, OP, but that doesn't make you sound like a very smart guy. Wherever you are, I'm glad you're happier (or maybe you're not?)
I've spoken with enough transplants from Calif and recent visitors to SF; obtained enough info from various media sources to know the changes that have occurred.Funny how many Californians are fleeing the state and relocating here or to other states; or hadn't you noticed?

And yes, I tell everyone how much I love it here in Georgia (now please don't you come here).

Old 08-30-2019, 07:00 PM

1,045 posts, read 758,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I actually suspect that SF has been bussing them to Oakland. It's like all of a sudden, boom: thousands of homeless came out of nowhere. We had a homeless problem and every monday I would take food and hygiene kits to different spots around town but then about a year ago, their numbers just spiked so significantly that I have a hard time believing they are from here---but that's just my suspicion. I could be wrong.

Oh and Berkeley too, all of a sudden homeless encampments popped up seemingly overnight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorman View Post
I've spoken with enough transplants from Calif and recent visitors to SF; obtained enough info from various media sources to know the changes that have occurred.Funny how many Californians are fleeing the state and relocating here or to other states; or hadn't you noticed?

And yes, I tell everyone how much I love it here in Georgia (now please don't you come here).
Georgia is horrible. I'd rather live in Utah than GA.

Old 08-30-2019, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
Which begs the question. If San Francisco is so horrible why is the median home price $1.7 million?
https://sf.curbed.com/2019/7/10/2068...francisco-2019
How many unemployeed and working poor have morgages in SF?

Old 08-30-2019, 07:02 PM

1,045 posts, read 758,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman Resu VIII View Post
Sounds a lot like what Islam has done in Sheffield.
Islam has pretty much ruined all of Europe. That's too bad, I enjoyed my trips over there.

Old 08-30-2019, 07:06 PM

10,347 posts, read 8,564,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenwriter70 View Post
Georgia is horrible. I'd rather live in Utah than GA.
Outside of North Carolina, have you lived in Ga or Utah and if so what cities? I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for a long time. I now live in the suburbs of Atlanta and quite like it. What is so horrible about Georgia?

Old 08-30-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Doesn't matter. The more well-to-do Californians continue to sell their exorbitantly priced homes and make a crapload of money...then go to someplace like Coeur d'Alene Idaho and buy a expensive house four times the amount that the locals could afford...this in turn will Jack up all the real estate in that neighborhood...beginning to render all those pre-existing homes to eventually be unaffordable.. to the middle class in the lower class locals.. this is an epidemic that Californians are spreading across America like a wildfire. Californians and New Yorkers are 90% guilty for turning America into an unaffordable place whereby housing becomes out of the reach of the middle class and the lower classes locals. the last thing the rest of America wants is for Californians and for New Yorkers to invade their cities and states. Obviously there's no way to stop this so it is what it is..but buckle up...with the continued mass invasion of Californians and New Yorkers with big bucks...even the most remote and rural areas America will be unaffordable to most Americans... And homelessness will continue to skyrocket everywhere in America.
This is True!
Unfortunately, they also try to change their home locations into where they left. After all money speaks.
One of the reasons, Californians are so often detested in many states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland