U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2019, 11:38 AM

610 posts, read 883,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post

You don’t, therefore, know the truth of statements you find “utterly unbelievable” ... and you being “highly suspicious” is meaningless.
It may not matter if I, Genghis, am highly suspicious. The problem is that so many other people have the same reaction. Gavin Newsom didn't come to his opinions in a vacuum. A lot of people, including decision-makers at the highest level, will have the same reaction to documents such as that one. And hurling abuse at them, calling them stupid or what not, will just serve to alienate them even further. Seriously, you're like the worst homeless advocate in recorded history.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2019, 11:57 AM

37,109 posts, read 17,223,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genghis View Post
Ok, you asked for one example: Seattle stopped enforcing drug ordinances: https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...27a_story.html

As I said, they don't try to hide these things. Do I really have to dredge up other examples? And don't provide bull* rationalizations claiming not enforcing the drug laws really doesn't enable homeless addicts and encourage them to head to Seattle. I've seen interviews with homeless people where they specifically mention the legalization of marijuana as a reason for moving to the west coast. (No, I didn't save the link just in case you'd ask.)
Arizona has some of the toughest laws in the US for drug possession, 5 years in prison for possession of meth. But in spite of that, they have a bigger problem with drug use than California. That same can be said of most of the other 40 states that have significant drug problems. This problem can't be fixed by arresting people, or by making incredibly tough sentencing laws. Most people who break the law either don't know the penalty or they don't care because they don't think they will be caught.
https://wallethub.com/edu/drug-use-by-state/35150/

Last edited by 2sleepy; 09-01-2019 at 12:24 PM..

Old 09-01-2019, 12:41 PM

17,346 posts, read 9,713,737 times
Quote:
It may not matter if I, Genghis, am highly suspicious. The problem is that so many other people have the same reaction. Gavin Newsom didn't come to his opinions in a vacuum. A lot of people, including decision-makers at the highest level, will have the same reaction to documents such as that one. And hurling abuse at them, calling them stupid or what not, will just serve to alienate them even further. Seriously, you're like the worst homeless advocate in recorded history.
I agree lots of other people have the same reaction as you. That doesn’t make you/them correct. It makes you all grossly, and destructively misinformed. Pretty much the entire world population at one time thought the world was flat. As it turns out ...

Seriously you are among the most misinformed antagonists in recorded history. The difference between us is all of my statements can be verified. And none of your claims.

Old 09-01-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
The difference between us is all of my statements can be verified. And none of your claims.
That sounds like something Trump would say. You must have forgotten about your Colorado article statement from earlier. I sincerely hope this is just the way you are, and not a typical result of getting older, because I'd hate to end out thinking this way.

Old 09-01-2019, 01:25 PM

3,775 posts, read 6,268,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorman View Post
I've spoken with enough transplants from Calif and recent visitors to SF; obtained enough info from various media sources to know the changes that have occurred.Funny how many Californians are fleeing the state and relocating here or to other states; or hadn't you noticed?

And yes, I tell everyone how much I love it here in Georgia (now please don't you come here).
Hadn't noticed. That's been a narrative but there are equal amounts of others relocating so if you're actually here, it's not at all something you'd take notice of.

And I just returned from 3-weeks in Georgia (Atlanta, Savannah, Athens, and little small towns in between). Lovely place. And how rude of you. You're also welcome for stimulating your economy.

Please feel free to come back and visit CA! People should be less hateful to one another and hopefully you come to that realization too.

Old 09-01-2019, 01:51 PM

Quote:
That sounds like something Trump would say. You must have forgotten about your Colorado article statement from earlier. I sincerely hope this is just the way you are, and not a typical result of getting older, because I'd hate to end out thinking this way.
The difference between Trump’s assertions and mine is: truth. He lies. I don’t. Let’s revisit what you refer to. I posted a rebuttal. The content stands on its own merits. In parenthesis I identified a “possible” source for your previous comment. Below is what I wrote. It does not falsely attribute. It identifies one likely source. And in fact that source I refer to does exactly state what you were talking about ... now you say your comments derived from a different YouTube interview. Maybe they did. Maybe not. You haven’t posted to show the readers, so perhaps you are just lying to try and score what you hope might be a point in the discussion. But even if you are telling the truth, the two sources provide the same narrative you were trying to advance. Thus, once again, your attempt to make this a personal attack fails.

Quote:
... (The link you “didn’t save”, btw, was almost certainly to a story about the legalization of pot in Colorado ... and careful reading of that article, which has been quoted and linked several times in various threads on the forum, reveals that the commentaries supporting your assertion were delivered by persons who were also just expressing unsurveyed personal opinions.)
Now that clarified, bub, hilariously you resume your innuendo campaign of personal insults. Hinting that I must be age-addled this time, to go along with your numerous previous insults implying sexual deviancy, lying, illegal activities and others on my part. You can’t overcome the eviscerations I deliver of your commentaries ... so you go to the low blows attempts ... um, speaking of Trumpian behaviors .... lol

Funny that you choose an ageist attack this time given that my mental acuities in exposing your poor logic skills are always highly evident in our exchanges.

Old 09-01-2019, 01:53 PM

4,440 posts, read 1,196,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Arizona has some of the toughest laws in the US for drug possession, 5 years in prison for possession of meth. But in spite of that, they have a bigger problem with drug use than California. That same can be said of most of the other 40 states that have significant drug problems. This problem can't be fixed by arresting people, or by making incredibly tough sentencing laws. Most people who break the law either don't know the penalty or they don't care because they don't think they will be caught.
I agree drug addiction can’t be fixed solely by arresting people (which is why in CA there is potential to reduce/remove jail time for the misdemeanor by attending a substance abuse program). That said, it often comes down to arrest for crimes related to their drug addiction (to pay for it) rather than the drug usage itself. In addition, most know they are breaking the law - it’s because the consequences do not matter to one who is drug addicted (or mentally ill/homeless for that matter); the only thing they’re thinking about is the next high and how to achieve it.

The homeless addicts are often used by drug dealers to store/hold the drugs a few feet away while the sale goes down (without incident). It would appear much of the attention in this forum is focused on individual drug usage (as it relates to the homeless) rather than hardcore solutions i.e. targeting drug traffickers.

Old 09-01-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
The difference between Trump’s assertions and mine is: truth. He lies. I don’t.
He seems to have a tenuous grip on reality and a lot of his blatantly false statements seem to be fantasies or delusions. Sound familiar?

Quote:
Let’s revisit what you refer to. I posted a rebuttal. The content stands on its own merits. In parenthesis I identified a “possible” source for your previous comment. Below is what I wrote. It does not falsely attribute. It identifies one likely source. And in fact that source I refer to does exactly state what you were talking about ... now you say your comments derived from a different YouTube interview. Maybe they did. Maybe not. You haven’t posted to show the readers, so perhaps you are just lying to try and score what you hope might be a point in the discussion. But even if you are telling the truth, the two sources provide the same narrative you were trying to advance. Thus, once again, your attempt to make this a personal attack fails.
You did say "almost certainly", which has now been altered to "possible" or "likely". Sounds Trumpian to me... altering reality to fit a political narrative. Is it a lie? Is it a fantasy? Is it age-related? Who knows.

Quote:
Now that clarified, bub, hilariously you resume your innuendo campaign of personal insults. Hinting that I must be age-addled this time, to go along with your numerous previous insults implying sexual deviancy, lying, illegal activities and others on my part. You can’t overcome the eviscerations I deliver of your commentaries ... so you go to the low blows attempts ... um, speaking of Trumpian behaviors .... lol
This is ridiculous. From comment #138: "Your generalizations are just nothing short of stupid." From comment 139: "More stupid bullsh*". The same person who said those two things is now boo-hoo-ing that I'm wondering if age is affecting his behavior. Everyone I know in his or her 70s freely admits his/her mind isn't as sharp as it was when he/she was younger. It's a reasonable thing to wonder about.

Quote:
Funny that you choose an ageist attack this time given that my mental acuities in exposing your poor logic skills are always highly evident in our exchanges.
Another Trump-type comment. By the way, it's acuity, not acuities. Would you have made that mistake 30 years ago?

Anyhow, I have better things to do than argue with you.

Old 09-01-2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
... By the way, it's acuity, not acuities. Would you have made that mistake 30 years ago?
What mistake?
Quote:
acuities

Noun

acuities

plural of acuity
https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/acuities
Quote:

Anyhow, I have better things to do than argue with you.
... oh? Which is why you do it so often ... even after saying this several times previously?

Old 09-01-2019, 07:14 PM

4,062 posts, read 2,305,205 times
https://youtu.be/EG5oADen3hI

Hope that link works. It's a video that starts in a meeting where cops are instructing SF citizens on how to fight crime. The cop tell citizens to never show their cell phone in public amongst other things. Then a social worker gets interviewed on what it's really like living there. It's gets boring the last 15 min but the first 15 is very enlightening
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or