U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2019, 10:15 PM

1,174 posts, read 1,349,448 times

Advertisements

I go out in SF every weekend and have never seen syringes or feces. Lucky I guess?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2019, 11:42 PM

1,400 posts, read 957,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapper Zoom View Post
Traveling outside of SF is one of the ways to really open one's eyes to how extraordinarily bad the situation is in SF. Those who live here and rarely leave tend to become accustomed to it. I just went on several long trips visiting Saint Petersburg, Moscow, Prague, Budapest and NYC and saw nothing even remotely close to what I would likely see in a single afternoon of similar activities in San Francisco. Absolutely no comparison at all.

As to the idea that keeps appearing in this thread that it is not all of San Francisco that is affected, but only the tenderloin, it is much closer to the former than the latter. Sure, the more remote residential areas are seldom affected, but most of the main shopping areas and areas with businesses are very strongly affected. not just the tenderloin, but the Haight, the Mission, all of SOMA, Dogpatch, etc.
Thank you for your voice of reason. People who think it's just the Tenderloin either don't get out much, or are obliviously stepping in shzzzzz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617
I go out in SF every weekend and have never seen syringes or feces. Lucky I guess?
Yep, veryyy lucky. I've seen a homeless guy drop his pants and diarrhea... projectile diarrhea, if that's even a thing... all over the sidewalk by The Mint (that one actually shook me, it took me a long time to get over it). It. way. everywhere. And this was on the way back to work from my lunch break. I've seen a homeless woman squat and pee all over the sidewalk at the library. I've seen dozens of guys huddled in doorways peeing. San Francisco is absolutely disgusting. I cannot imagine the bacteria that's been tracked into the homes of those who don't remove their shoes.

Old 12-17-2019, 08:29 AM

22,548 posts, read 41,438,387 times
Stunning visual story in today's NY Times after reporters spent 3 months visiting homeless camps in the Oakland, CA area. The story is much the same in L.A. and other cities. The reporters then compared what they saw in CA with shanty towns in Mexico City.

Sobering stuff.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-17-2019, 09:03 AM

36,511 posts, read 16,981,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapper Zoom View Post
????

You disagree that the streets of SF are full of trash and feces?
By cutting all of my response down to two words you have achieved the dubious honor of completely changing the subject and pretending that I said something that I didn't. That wasn't even clever. Here is my post in it's entirety

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Oh please...
  • NYC- has a law that requires that they provide shelter for everyone in the City
  • Moscow & St. Petersburg -The state is obliged to give permanent shelter for free to anybody who needs better living conditions or has no permanent registration, because the right to shelter is still included in the constitution
  • Prague has 5,000 homeless and only enough shelter beds for 400, enterprenuers now offer "homeless tours" to curious tourists Prague Urban Jungle Tour | HOBOhemia
  • Budapest Viktor Orban criminalized homelessness but at the same time made 19,000 shelter beds available

Old 12-17-2019, 09:45 AM

1,667 posts, read 699,152 times
Default ...And it's getting worse -- Homeless Now Defecating in Supermarket Aisles

Homeless Drug Addicts Are Now Taking Dumps in the Supermarket Aisles:

https://twitter.com/debkhk/status/12...238592/photo/1

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...market-aisles/

I wonder how much more SF residents are willing to put up with?

Old 12-17-2019, 10:26 AM

2,301 posts, read 5,125,729 times
While I find stuff like this extremely disgusting and disturbing and nobody should tolerate it...why would you care?

Your profile says you're in Colorado. I don't live in Colorado so I have no reason to go on those boards to criticize anything. The Denver area seems to have a disproportionate amount of mass shootings...just saying.
(See, we can find things to point the finger at too)

Old 12-17-2019, 10:41 AM

17,046 posts, read 9,591,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
Homeless Drug Addicts Are Now Taking Dumps in the Supermarket Aisles:

I wonder how much more SF residents are willing to put up with?
I wonder why you post this as if it’s something unique to San Francisco.

Here’s a news item from Seattle last week:
Enough with the pooping and peeing, says downtown Seattle business
https://katu.com/news/local/enough-w...attle-business

Want me to find the same for every city with a homeless problem in America? Around the world?

Is your reason for posting because you have something to offer in terms of solutions? Do you have a question to ask of others who know the issues in depth? What?

Just another opportunity to mindlessly spread disgust because somehow that’s fun for you? What?

Old 12-17-2019, 10:42 AM

17,046 posts, read 9,591,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
While I find stuff like this extremely disgusting and disturbing and nobody should tolerate it...why would you care?

Your profile says you're in Colorado. I don't live in Colorado so I have no reason to go on those boards to criticize anything. The Denver area seems to have a disproportionate amount of mass shootings...just saying.
(See, we can find things to point the finger at too)
No kidding ...

Old 12-17-2019, 12:17 PM

7,188 posts, read 3,008,759 times
How's about installing more porta potties everywhere? Along with hand-washing stations?

It's not that difficult a problem to address. The monies are there - if you have to hire $10 per hour "guards" outside who can call to report drug use or trashing, so be it.

Old 12-17-2019, 12:29 PM

1,331 posts, read 518,700 times
Because SF not only tolerates it, they practically legislate it!
That's why people, including ex citizens like me, just refuse to accept it as the new norm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or