U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-08-2020, 08:47 AM
 
Location: Southern California
5,789 posts, read 2,686,795 times
Reputation: 7198

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago_Person View Post
Bay area is a cakewalk compared to eastern cities. Please don't speak.

And It's rich people forcing you out, not broke illegals.

Stop with this fake repub rhetoric.
Sounds like it was a mixture of both. Unless you were there, you don’t know.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-10-2020, 08:38 PM
 
2,002 posts, read 1,590,505 times
Reputation: 1725
Default I speak for the 8,000 homeless

The city (San Francisco) has completed a comprehensive white paper on the homeless. <http://hsh.sfgov.org/wp-content/uploads/FINAL-PIT-Report-2019-San-Francisco.pdf>


The city is taking a bad rap because it "houses" a permanent underclass of homeless who are visible as they are living in temporary make-shift dwellings in the center of the city, a large percentage are addicted and continuously litter the sidewalks with city provided drug syringes, as they are used, instead of placing the used needles into sharps containers. They are unwelcome by more affluent city residents because of their lifestyle. They are accused of littering, publicly defecating and urinating, and injecting recreational drugs thereby lowering property values. They are also accused of spreading diseases which degrades the public health.


Most of the city comprises the 12th federal electoral district and is represented by Speaker Nancy Pelosi who is a San Francisco socialite reputed to live in Pacific Heights but actually residing out of the city in Napa Valley. Ms. Pelosi and her husband are wealthy individuals with extensive high end realty investments in the city and high tech stock portfolios. Ms. Pelosi is not known to have used her position or wealth to allievate, what by some accounts, is a declining city wide problem.



As noted above there is a definite sh*t and wewee problem, to date, in the city. An social media app formerly allowed city residents to post photos of bags or piles of human excrement littering the city sidewalks to stimulate the city to remove them. The app called Snapcrap has been taken down by Twitter.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2020, 09:01 PM
 
Location: Living rent free in your head
36,511 posts, read 16,981,070 times
Reputation: 27007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Maybe that’s not really a brand new poster. There was one thread, now deleted, where the OP responded to himself as if he was talking to someone else. It was obvious he had multiple accounts and forgot to log out of the first one he used to start the thread.

Maybe this is someone else’s second account or someone who got banned and came back with a different screen name.
lol I dunno but people using multiple accounts or getting banned and coming back with a new account going after the same people they had trouble with on their old account is so weird, it seems like something that 14 year old kids would do, doesn't it?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2020, 09:16 PM
 
Location: Living rent free in your head
36,511 posts, read 16,981,070 times
Reputation: 27007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
The city (San Francisco) has completed a comprehensive white paper on the homeless. <http://hsh.sfgov.org/wp-content/uploads/FINAL-PIT-Report-2019-San-Francisco.pdf>
The city is taking a bad rap because it "houses" a permanent underclass of homeless who are visible as they are living in temporary make-shift dwellings in the center of the city, a large percentage are addicted and continuously litter the sidewalks with city provided drug syringes, as they are used, instead of placing the used needles into sharps containers. They are unwelcome by more affluent city residents because of their lifestyle. They are accused of littering, publicly defecating and urinating, and injecting recreational drugs thereby lowering property values. They are also accused of spreading diseases which degrades the public health.
Most of the city comprises the 12th federal electoral district and is represented by Speaker Nancy Pelosi who is a San Francisco socialite reputed to live in Pacific Heights but actually residing out of the city in Napa Valley. Ms. Pelosi and her husband are wealthy individuals with extensive high end realty investments in the city and high tech stock portfolios. Ms. Pelosi is not known to have used her position or wealth to allievate, what by some accounts, is a declining city wide problem.
As noted above there is a definite sh*t and wewee problem, to date, in the city. An social media app formerly allowed city residents to post photos of bags or piles of human excrement littering the city sidewalks to stimulate the city to remove them. The app called Snapcrap has been taken down by Twitter.
You wrote a bunch of stuff about the problems homeless people face and without taking a break you went on to blame Nancy Pelosi. I'm sorry but that is just weird. We have a President who spends most of his time at his golf resort in Florida and charges secret service personnel $650 a night to stay there and babysit his dumb a$$ and you want to talk about Nancy Pelosi spending time in her Napa Valley winery, really?

Last edited by 2sleepy; 02-10-2020 at 09:24 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2020, 09:39 PM
 
Location: Beautiful free Arizona
3,971 posts, read 2,251,599 times
Reputation: 5773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
The city (San Francisco) has completed a comprehensive white paper on the homeless. <http://hsh.sfgov.org/wp-content/uploads/FINAL-PIT-Report-2019-San-Francisco.pdf>


The city is taking a bad rap because it "houses" a permanent underclass of homeless who are visible as they are living in temporary make-shift dwellings in the center of the city, a large percentage are addicted and continuously litter the sidewalks with city provided drug syringes, as they are used, instead of placing the used needles into sharps containers. They are unwelcome by more affluent city residents because of their lifestyle. They are accused of littering, publicly defecating and urinating, and injecting recreational drugs thereby lowering property values. They are also accused of spreading diseases which degrades the public health.


Most of the city comprises the 12th federal electoral district and is represented by Speaker Nancy Pelosi who is a San Francisco socialite reputed to live in Pacific Heights but actually residing out of the city in Napa Valley. Ms. Pelosi and her husband are wealthy individuals with extensive high end realty investments in the city and high tech stock portfolios. Ms. Pelosi is not known to have used her position or wealth to allievate, what by some accounts, is a declining city wide problem.



As noted above there is a definite sh*t and wewee problem, to date, in the city. An social media app formerly allowed city residents to post photos of bags or piles of human excrement littering the city sidewalks to stimulate the city to remove them. The app called Snapcrap has been taken down by Twitter.
Maybe someday Nancy will put the wine glass down and help or at least focus one min of attention on her district.......naaaa
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2020, 11:19 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia
1,369 posts, read 827,776 times
Reputation: 1401
Default Philadelphia perspective of San Fran is at all time lows based on homeless crisis

Each major urban city in America has a series of homeless crisis.

But the reality is San Fran. L.A. and Seattle are the worst in the nation.

This is due to a multitude of issues. My biggest insight is the lack of enforcement of drug laws. Should people go to jail for drug possession? I am highly indifferent as I view hard drug decriminalization as a fuel to the fire, but rather enforcement with mandated human services mental and economic stability the key to re-solvency.

San Fran is considered the most volatile homeless city in the nation. What is your opinion. And what is the number one drug running the streets? Here in Philadelphia it is heroin. But it is quite concentrated to a historic irish working class neighborhood not in the central district.

Thoughts. Solutions. Insights. San Fran. With love from Philadelphia.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2020, 08:44 AM
 
2,002 posts, read 1,590,505 times
Reputation: 1725
Default Deflection

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You wrote a bunch of stuff about the problems homeless people face and without taking a break you went on to blame Nancy Pelosi. I'm sorry but that is just weird. We have a President who spends most of his time at his golf resort in Florida and charges secret service personnel $650 a night to stay there and babysit his dumb a$$ and you want to talk about Nancy Pelosi spending time in her Napa Valley winery, really?



When a liberal finds it impossible to say something to contradict what that liberal sees as criticism, that liberal will deflect the bad thing said by bringing something unrelated up. As was done here.


Did you know that the white paper I mentioned produced by San Francisco said that the 8,000 homeless "residents'" will lose 36 years off their expected life spans, or be dead at 40 years old? I know my Congressmen and women work for their district. Ms. Pelosi does not although there is a rumour that her driver was seen handing out sun block to the street people.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2020, 09:19 AM
 
Location: On the water.
17,046 posts, read 9,591,827 times
Reputation: 14307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
The city (San Francisco) has completed a comprehensive white paper on the homeless. <http://hsh.sfgov.org/wp-content/uploads/FINAL-PIT-Report-2019-San-Francisco.pdf>


The city is taking a bad rap because it "houses" a permanent underclass of homeless who are visible as they are living in temporary make-shift dwellings in the center of the city, a large percentage are addicted and continuously litter the sidewalks with city provided drug syringes, as they are used, instead of placing the used needles into sharps containers. They are unwelcome by more affluent city residents because of their lifestyle. They are accused of littering, publicly defecating and urinating, and injecting recreational drugs thereby lowering property values. They are also accused of spreading diseases which degrades the public health.


Most of the city comprises the 12th federal electoral district and is represented by Speaker Nancy Pelosi who is a San Francisco socialite reputed to live in Pacific Heights but actually residing out of the city in Napa Valley. Ms. Pelosi and her husband are wealthy individuals with extensive high end realty investments in the city and high tech stock portfolios. Ms. Pelosi is not known to have used her position or wealth to allievate, what by some accounts, is a declining city wide problem.



As noted above there is a definite sh*t and wewee problem, to date, in the city. An social media app formerly allowed city residents to post photos of bags or piles of human excrement littering the city sidewalks to stimulate the city to remove them. The app called Snapcrap has been taken down by Twitter.
So, backing up a minute here: what is the point of your post?

Are you suggesting Pelosi personally had “SnapCrap” removed? (As opposed to say the city’s Chamber of Commerce lobbying for its removal maybe?)

Are you suggesting that she should personally fund housing the homeless?

Are you even suggesting she has the power as a representative to US Congress, not an elected official of the City, to legislate resolution to San Francisco City’s homeless problem?

Are you inferring that wealthy people should individually fund resolution to a socio-economic disaster locally that exists nationwide?

Or are you just taking an opportunity to snark Pelosi because you think Sophism will go over on anonymous social media?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2020, 09:19 AM
 
483 posts, read 147,807 times
Reputation: 1069
Philadelphia doesn't have to worry about its homeless -- the people with homes cause enough chaos all by themselves.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2020, 09:22 AM
 
Location: Living rent free in your head
36,511 posts, read 16,981,070 times
Reputation: 27007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
When a liberal finds it impossible to say something to contradict what that liberal sees as criticism, that liberal will deflect the bad thing said by bringing something unrelated up. As was done here.
Did you know that the white paper I mentioned produced by San Francisco said that the 8,000 homeless "residents'" will lose 36 years off their expected life spans, or be dead at 40 years old? I know my Congressmen and women work for their district. Ms. Pelosi does not although there is a rumour that her driver was seen handing out sun block to the street people.
As far as I can tell this isn't about your new found love and concern for homeless people, it appears that you are thread crapping and hijacking this topic to make it about Nancy Pelosi and I don't think that's appropriate so sorry but no, I don't wanna play
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top