U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2020, 09:24 AM

17,039 posts, read 9,585,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhomecity View Post
Each major urban city in America has a series of homeless crisis.

But the reality is San Fran. L.A. and Seattle are the worst in the nation.

This is due to a multitude of issues. My biggest insight is the lack of enforcement of drug laws. Should people go to jail for drug possession? I am highly indifferent as I view hard drug decriminalization as a fuel to the fire, but rather enforcement with mandated human services mental and economic stability the key to re-solvency.

San Fran is considered the most volatile homeless city in the nation. What is your opinion. And what is the number one drug running the streets? Here in Philadelphia it is heroin. But it is quite concentrated to a historic irish working class neighborhood not in the central district.

Thoughts. Solutions. Insights. San Fran. With love from Philadelphia.
This thread you’ve started will soon be merged into the Sticky Thread in this forum titled:
The Bay Area Soiled/Homeless/Infested/Trashed Containment Thread (Los Angeles: house, quality of life)

If you somehow missed that the Sticky exists to collectively post all the questions and answers you ask for ... well, look at top of SF Forum list and there you are. Browse to your heart’s content ... you’ll find every issue you raise / question you ask covered and re-covered ad nauseum ad infinitum right there.

Enjoy.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2020, 11:36 AM

2,002 posts, read 1,589,941 times
Default Saying something w/o saying something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
So, backing up a minute here: what is the point of your post?

Are you suggesting Pelosi personally had “SnapCrap” removed? (As opposed to say the city’s Chamber of Commerce lobbying for its removal maybe?)

Are you suggesting that she should personally fund housing the homeless?

Are you even suggesting she has the power as a representative to US Congress, not an elected official of the City, to legislate resolution to San Francisco City’s homeless problem?

Are you inferring that wealthy people should individually fund resolution to a socio-economic disaster locally that exists nationwide?

Or are you just taking an opportunity to snark Pelosi because you think Sophism will go over on anonymous social media?

As you can see, this poster replied to my post concerning the San Francisco homeless population by posing five questions. Deflecting the question of the street people, the poster in reply defends Ms. Pelosi.

I brought up Nancy Pelosi (Representative of the 12th District and Speaker of the House of Representatives) as she and her husband are the 4th wealthiest couple in California and tied to the City of San Francisco which is her hometown and as the elected representative of the 12th District which comprises that city.

I am working for a result-Allowing the 8,000 city homeless residents a better existence. I do not care where the aid comes from, but I admit that I think the Pelosi couple can afford it. There is a charitable foundation established by the couple. I read the foundation's IRS Form 990-PF for 2018 and the bulk of the approximately $77,000 contributed went to the ballet, museum of modern art, the symphony, and music festivals with $1,000 given to the city's free clinic and $250 to a Catholic charity for the needy.

I direct the reader's attention to the 10/05/2019 post by J746NEW:

"Everyone without exception spend money to further their interests.
The least wealthy people actually give more to the needy and homeless than the most wealthy do.
The most wealthy people from research, give their money to interests that will increase their wealth or interests and decrease their taxes. The most wealthy donate to hospitals, art galleries and museums where they have interests.
There needs to be a profit involved before they donate money.
Most wealthy do not get wealthy by giving their money away but by investing it, or by taking other peoples money (OPM) and making it grow.
There is a different mindset between the wealthy and other people.
They look for anything to make money."

Old 02-12-2020, 11:41 AM

20,674 posts, read 20,243,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
As you can see, this poster replied to my post concerning the San Francisco homeless population by posing five questions. Deflecting the question of the street people, the poster in reply defends Ms. Pelosi.

I brought up Nancy Pelosi (Representative of the 12th District and Speaker of the House of Representatives) as she and her husband are the 4th wealthiest couple in California and tied to the City of San Francisco which is her hometown and as the elected representative of the 12th District which comprises that city.

I am working for a result-Allowing the 8,000 city homeless residents a better existence. I do not care where the aid comes from, but I admit that I think the Pelosi couple can afford it. There is a charitable foundation established by the couple. I read the foundation's IRS Form 990-PF for 2018 and the bulk of the approximately $77,000 contributed went to the ballet, museum of modern art, the symphony, and music festivals with $1,000 given to the city's free clinic and $250 to a Catholic charity for the needy.

The least wealthy people actually give more to the needy and homeless than the most wealthy do.
The most wealthy people from research, give their money to interests that will increase their wealth or interests and decrease their taxes. The most wealthy donate to hospitals, art galleries and museums where they have interests.
Most wealthy do not get wealthy by giving their money away but by investing it, or by taking other peoples money (OPM) and making it grow.

There is no convincing Tule, Sleepy and the rest of their squad lol... homeless can literally do no wrong and hold no self-accountability or responsibility. They can freely poop, pee, inject, throw trash, threaten innocent people, scream at children, block sidewalks, camp in front of businesses, vandalize public & private property, smash car windows, etc... they will pretend "nothing to see here, GUYS it's like this everywhere in the country, if anything SF has very little drugged crazed homeless."

Old 02-12-2020, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post

Speaking of deflection: you didn’t answer my five questions. Or even one of them.

Old 02-12-2020, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
There is no convincing Tule, Sleepy and the rest of their squad lol... homeless can literally do no wrong and hold no self-accountability or responsibility. They can freely poop, pee, inject, throw trash, threaten innocent people, scream at children, block sidewalks, camp in front of businesses, vandalize public & private property, smash car windows, etc... they will pretend "nothing to see here, GUYS it's like this everywhere in the country, if anything SF has very little drugged crazed homeless."
What utter typical garbage from you. “Tule, Sleepy and the rest of their squad” (whomever “they” are) present the supportable, researched facts about the homeless. I challenge you to quote anywhere in a thousand posts by me (or the “squad”) where [we] suggest the homeless “do no wrong”, “hold no self-accountability or responsibility”.

Quote where the “squad” suggests it is ok for the homeless to “freely poop, pee, inject, throw trash, threaten innocent people, scream at children, block sidewalks, camp in front of businesses, vandalize public & private property, smash car windows, etc.”

Quote where any of the “squad” pretends there is "nothing to see here, GUYS it's like this everywhere in the country, if anything SF has very little drugged crazed homeless.”

110% bull. We deliver accurate and nuanced breakdowns based on research, data, and proven facts.

You’re simply too intellectually lazy to assimilate any of it, preferring instead to regurgitate myths and memes that appeal to your ideology of ignorance.

Old 02-12-2020, 12:10 PM

1,400 posts, read 957,555 times
Okay, give it a rest guys.

Old 02-12-2020, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
What utter typical garbage from you. “Tule, Sleepy and the rest of their squad” (whomever “they” are) present the supportable, researched facts about the homeless. I challenge you to quote anywhere in a thousand posts by me (or the “squad”) where [we] suggest the homeless “do no wrong”, “hold no self-accountability or responsibility”.

Quote where the “squad” suggests it is ok for the homeless to “freely poop, pee, inject, throw trash, threaten innocent people, scream at children, block sidewalks, camp in front of businesses, vandalize public & private property, smash car windows, etc.”

Quote where any of the “squad” pretends there is "nothing to see here, GUYS it's like this everywhere in the country, if anything SF has very little drugged crazed homeless.”

110% bull. We deliver accurate and nuanced breakdowns based on research, data, and proven facts.

You’re simply too intellectually lazy to assimilate any of it, preferring instead to regurgitate myths and memes that appeal to your ideology of ignorance.

Case in point, deflect from the issues and attack the messenger

Old 02-12-2020, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Case in point, deflect from the issues and attack the messenger
Wtf? Lol. What “deflection”? You just made a fictional list of things you say I and certain others say and defend about the homeless. I challenged you to back up your accusation. Back it up. For once.

The “issues” are that you post memes and mythologies about the homeless, without validations. I can and have backed up everything I post on this topic.

Old 02-12-2020, 06:19 PM

You must wear some really dark shades when you visit SF if you don't notice all the things I mentioned lol

Old 02-12-2020, 06:59 PM

Quote:
You must wear some really dark shades when you visit SF if you don't notice all the things I mentioned lol
No. I don’t wear sunglasses. What “things [you] mentioned” are you referring to? You pollute these threads with so many criticisms I’m not sure which you mean ...

Homeless people? Sure. Everyday.

Poop / pee? Rarely poop. Almost never, actually. Urine. Oh yeah. But where is that not present? What cities nationally?

Trash? Sure. Again, where do you not find trash? Some cities are cleaner? Of course. Others are terrible. Been to Honolulu? Stray away from the tourist areas and wander around the rest of the inner city. Same with where I live in inner city San Diego.

People injecting drugs? I’ve seen it rarely ... I don’t walk around the Tenderloin. Last few years there I lived in the Marina district next to Fort Mason. Quite a cadre of homeless regulars living around the Safeway at that end of the Marina Green. There is also a public park bathroom open from dawn till about 8 or 10 pm when the parking lot gate is closed for the night. Never any trouble. No poop / pee. No open drug use other than smoking weed.

Yelling at passersby? Sometimes down around Market and Civic areas. Same any big city.

Scream at children and threaten passersby? No, not really. Not actual threatening. Especially of children (of whom there are very few ever walking around homeless districts).

Sidewalk camping and vandalism? Yeah sure. What’s unique about that? My neighborhood in San Diego is the second most homeless populated. See plenty there too. Honolulu? Absolutely. Want pictures of tents in Miami and Phoenix?

A good question is: since you obviously know next to nothing about homelessness and drug use, why do obsessively post about it? It clearly doesn’t exist where you live, work, and recreate. And especially, why are you obsessed about it in a city you only visit a time or two a year? I have interacted with the homeless for over 30 years, providing support and assistance. What’s your excuse?

Oh and no, I’m not saying any of it is fine, ok, nothing to see just because I point out homelessness is a plague across the nation. Of course it’s not “ok”. It just is what it is and not unique to SF. The problem is terrible in SF. Same in Seattle, Portland, Honolulu, LA, San Diego, Wash DC, ... growing terrible in Phoenix .. many other cities.

Last edited by Tulemutt; 02-12-2020 at 07:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or