U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2020, 01:35 PM

20,831 posts, read 20,345,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
That's not what I'm saying at all. Maybe go back and reread your post. You said LA is just "just strip malls and small expensive homes". So is south Orange County. Then you clarified how they are more upscale, great.... AGAIN just showing how you still love those "strip mall and small expensive home" type communities.

Yes I care a lot about aesthetics whether it be my home, streets, buildings, strip malls, shopping malls, downtowns, neighborhoods, etc.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2020, 02:33 PM

16,498 posts, read 21,832,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Dallas000 View Post
The real estate prices and rents have gone up so high,I originally had to leave the whole state.First,I was forced out of the city,due to high rent,then I got forced out from rent in Concord California.Plus, all the GANGS CAME IN,AND GOT MUCH WORSE. They started to have Latino gangs that came over the borders, the formerly safe Concord..(A Hispanic person told me this, she later left the state too.)The welfare people gave illegal aliens as much help,money food, and their own clinics too.They got jobs from the welfare dept. that did not go to Non=illegal aliens!!Old people were so discriminated against, we all had to literally leave the state of California. It literally is being taken over by the ranks of Mexico and South America. --and those rich Hollywood people love illegal aliens.So we old people had to leave the state.Any one retired has to be rich to stay there.

OH HOW SAFE IS NORTHERN CALIFORNIA NOW?WOW. Places like the BART trains,in northern CA, are now so dangerous they have to have regular police on the trains everywhere.People ripped off my sisters' back pack,on the train,she is a senior,so she was "targeted".Sheesh those trains used to be safe!!Even in 2008 or 2009.Now my sister can barely take that train system, she gets physically attacked by out of control hostiles. I don't know how she even manages, a short old woman. 71 yrs old. Why does this area of the world now act like the worst areas of NYC?
You would probably be happier somewhere else. BART will probably have to shut down without your business. Latino Gangs will have to go to Latinoland, wherever that is.

Old 02-14-2020, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I live on a 24’ old boat ... using nearly no resources. How many of my bedrooms should I give up?

I have housed homeless in various places at various times over the past 30years ... on my dime.

I have counseled veterans (and some non-vets) for 30 years (free, of course): housing options, evictions, medical and pension benefits, suicide, substance abuse ... literally carried some out of the woods, driven hundreds of miles to VA hospitals for emergency surgeries, physically supported them through the halls, sat through their appointments and procedures with them, put them up for the night(s).

As a recent example: last summer I bought (cash) an old run down cottage in a city out of state in need of total renovation. I signed a “rent-to-own” contract with a homeless alcoholic vet who I’ve known for years, who is a pretty good all-round remodeler/builder. He’s in there now, piecing it together. Got a job. Drinking Chinese herbal teas to quit drinking. I got him a little puppy to take care of too. Literally. Last night he called, as he does nearly everyday, to thank me and bs and fill me in on the project. He said he’s making a list of people he wished he’d treated better over the years and sending them greeting cards just to say something nice.

He was ready. So I acted.

I won’t make a dime off the little house deal. I can afford not to. What I’m making is: a difference.

So you can stuff it with your youthful ignorance and snotty attitude.

Have a nice day.
Really

I'm sure you had space and what about your current living situation? Saying homeowners need to be taxed more, so the city has more money to waste does not make you a hero for the homeless.

Old 02-14-2020, 04:52 PM

17,178 posts, read 9,641,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I'm sure you had space and what about your current living situation? Saying homeowners need to be taxed more, so the city has more money to waste does not make you a hero for the homeless.
Where did I say anything about being a hero for the homeless?

You wrote: “Talk is cheap.” ... urging me to house the homeless.

You’re right: talk IS cheap. And that’s all you do: yap.

I have housed the homeless. And a lot more. For about as many years as I’d guess you’ve been alive. I just gave some detail.

You’ve done exactly what? ... besides talk ... Cheap.

Old 02-14-2020, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Where did I say homeowners need to be taxed more?

You have a persistent habit of reporting things people say ... that they haven’t.

Talk is cheap.

Old 02-14-2020, 07:54 PM

1,464 posts, read 927,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
lol I dunno but people using multiple accounts or getting banned and coming back with a new account going after the same people they had trouble with on their old account is so weird, it seems like something that 14 year old kids would do, doesn't it?
Do you remember Senno? He was the champ at using different user names after getting booted. Every day a different name...every day he was booted, lol. Kinda fun to watch. There are people in this thread who have posted under different names, but they're not using them any more and they were never banned. Their writing style and substance gives it away.

Old 02-14-2020, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
Do you remember Senno? He was the champ at using different user names after getting booted. Every day a different name...every day he was booted, lol. Kinda fun to watch. There are people in this thread who have posted under different names, but they're not using them any more and they were never banned. Their writing style and substance gives it away.

There are also a lot of members that I remember from back in the day and tried looking some up recently and they were all banned now lol. I can't it's been 10 years since I joined City-Data.

Old 02-14-2020, 09:20 PM

36,820 posts, read 17,084,971 times
Quote:
I don't think so but I've seen several other reincarnations lately. They all come back with a grudge and go after certain people on the forums which is kind of a give away because if you're really a new member how would you know who you hate and who you don't

Old 02-15-2020, 01:03 AM

1,464 posts, read 927,855 times
I miss some of the ones who just disappeared but weren't banned. I worry about them, wondering if they died or are sick. I miss Snort especially. He was delightful.

Old 02-15-2020, 08:34 AM

Quote:
I miss some of the ones who just disappeared but weren't banned. I worry about them, wondering if they died or are sick. I miss Snort especially. He was delightful.
I’ll pass on your thoughtful concern to Snort. I stay with him and his lovely wife frequently as I travel up and down the coast. He’s well, and not been banned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or