U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2020, 11:06 PM

6 posts, read 17,731 times

Advertisements

Which neighborhoods in SF Bay Area have houses with great views and relatively private (not overlooking neighbors' windows or walls and living rooms/bedrooms not facing the street). I am looking at Montclair or Piedmont Pines in Oakland. Are there any other neighborhoods with views in Alameda, Santa Clara or Contra Costa counties?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2020, 02:06 AM

84 posts, read 77,111 times
Bay view from my home at the Hayward Hills.

Sorry for the poor quality photos taken by my phone. In person, I could see from San Francisco (right side of photos) to San Mateo bridge (middle of photos) to Palo Alto (left side of photos.)

The world is amazing, everyday the view is different.

Old 08-21-2020, 10:14 AM

85,930 posts, read 79,112,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Muffin View Post
Which neighborhoods in SF Bay Area have houses with great views and relatively private (not overlooking neighbors' windows or walls and living rooms/bedrooms not facing the street). I am looking at Montclair or Piedmont Pines in Oakland. Are there any other neighborhoods with views in Alameda, Santa Clara or Contra Costa counties?
Anywhere in the hills, pretty much. Berkeley hills, upper Kensington, El Cerrito, east Richmond/Richmond Heights, Hayward hills. Upper Rockridge in Oakland, depending. Some of those areas have roughly 1/2-acre lots, so neighbors are screened from one another with foliage or high fences, or strategic situating of the homes on the lot. Of course, with larger lots and view homes, you get into big $$$ price-wise and tax-wise. But you seem to be aware of that. Take a look, for example, at some of the properties above the Claremont hotel in Berkeley; some border on a regional park. North Berkeley has some nice, private properties, too.

Old 08-24-2020, 02:40 PM

412 posts, read 128,305 times
Quote:
OK, I'll bite:

Those on top of various hills in Martinez such as west of Berrellesa St. Great views of town as well as the Carquinez Strait.

Old 08-24-2020, 03:53 PM

881 posts, read 703,423 times
Also consider Point Richmond, which is waterside rather than in the string of hills that run from San Pablo south towards Oakland.

Old 08-25-2020, 03:46 PM

961 posts, read 323,919 times
We have always had a place with a view.
This is very important to us.
Nothing better than a good view in a nice area.

There are plenty in the Bay Area.
Our place in Lafayette had a better Diablo view than our Danville place.
Our best Contra Costa view was on Panorama Drive in Walnut Creek.
It’s off of Olympic Blv.
You could see the mothball fleet from the back yard as well as the Diablo Valley.

When you do your research you might want to look for street names that might depict a view, like Sierra Vista, Hill side court and anything with Panorama in the name.

In Danville I think the best views are on the west side of 680.
Starmount Drive and the surrounding area are stellar.

Great views cost bank so be prepared.
550k gets you an 1,100 sqft WW11 home right next to the Solono Drive In in Concord with no view and no yard.
So there is that.

Old 08-25-2020, 03:56 PM

961 posts, read 323,919 times
This wa view cost us a bit.
It started out at about 625k but owes us another 200k due to me being me.
Very peaceful.
Attached Thumbnails
Neighborhoods with the views-cf18f437-1f72-4e06-8e16-1b45eed8f2b2.jpeg  

Old 08-26-2020, 12:41 PM

2,301 posts, read 5,121,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Anywhere in the hills, pretty much.

I second this. There are literally neighborhoods throughout the entire Bay Area where you can find good views, even in some not-so-desirable locations. Almost anywhere in the Bay Area that is hilly will typically have good views.

Old 08-26-2020, 10:33 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,836,471 times
Claremont Pines in Oakland has a couple of homes with nice views for sale

Green Day’s Billie joe Armstrong’s estate
$7,250,000.00
bd6 ba6,911 Square Feet
6076 Manchester Dr, Oakland, CA 94618

And a more pedestrian home
$2,495,000.00
4bd 5ba 3,646 Square Feet
5972 Margarido Dr, Oakland, CA 94618

Old 08-28-2020, 01:37 PM

23 posts, read 4,233 times
Quote:
The most beautiful views are going to be in Marin, the Western half of the Peninsula and parts of the City. If you live up in the hills in Oakland or Piedmont it might be pretty but nothing spectacular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland