Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 09:23 PM

16 posts, read 105,370 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Searching on Realtor.Com and actually saw some newer, affordable, nice houses....

Which immeadiately made me think - what wrong with Pleasant Hill?

How are the community & Schools?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 10:12 PM

28,113 posts, read 63,638,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovesprint View Post
Hi,

Searching on Realtor.Com and actually saw some newer, affordable, nice houses....

Which immeadiately made me think - what wrong with Pleasant Hill?

How are the community & Schools?

Thanks
Nothing wrong with Pleasant Hill... it is a great community with a good mix of retail and parks

Schools are OK, but not as good as Orinda and Lafayette for the upper grades...

I don't know anyone that doesn't like living in PH... it is the kind of city where homeowners add on and remodel as opposed to sell and buying elsewhere...

Old 05-07-2008, 12:28 PM

4 posts, read 23,791 times
Pleasant Hill is great. It's safe, convenient, and has parks and good schools. It just gets overshadowed by Concord and Walnut Creek, both of which border PH.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:00 PM

409 posts, read 1,830,040 times
pleasant, hilly.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:09 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,472,171 times
Pleasant Hill is more middle class than Walnut Creek and Lafayette which would explain why its relatively cheaper. But its still very quiet, clean and safe. I really like the redevelopment they did in their downtown.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:26 PM

14 posts, read 45,094 times
Default Pleasant Hill

I've lived in pleasant Hill for over 25 years, and have seen steady improvements in the development, housing, resources, etc. The more west you go the nicer (and more pricey) it gets. I live walking distance from downtown, and have access to just about everything I need. The only thing to watch out for is the proximity to Monument Blvd. There is a heavy illegal immigrant population and the crime associated with it. The closer (east) to this area the less expensive the homes/rent.

Schools are good with a lot of parent involvement. There is a section 8 apt. complex (Tuscany) on Contra Costa Blvd. that has some problems, but all in all P.H. is a small, family-oriented city that is somewhere between Concord and Walnut Creek on the social-economic scale, although every city has its exceptions. Another Pleasant Hill area of interest is in the Martinez/Pleasant Hill/Lafayette border area of Virginia Hills. This is the northwest side and is prety nice...

Old 08-16-2008, 10:34 PM

83 posts, read 418,020 times
I grew up in Pleasant Hill and lived there until I was 21. I loved it there. I lived near Virginia Hills in a very good area and went to school at Sequoia Elementary, Sequoia Middle, College Park and DVC. I feel that I got a good education. It was a nice, safe city to live in and I would recommend moving there to anyone. I would love to move back there now, but I can't afford it.

Old 08-17-2008, 06:05 PM

104 posts, read 725,530 times
Calimama,

I live in Concord (near the smokestack). Where do you live now, and why did you move? We're considering moving out of CA. Too crowded, too snotty, too much violence and gang activity, too much traffic. I'm a native Californian who doesn't like the beach.

I'm curious as to why you would want to move back. Thanks!

Old 08-17-2008, 10:20 PM

83 posts, read 418,020 times
I left PH to join the Marine Corps. I was in for four years, and while I was in, I was stationed in San Diego. I lived there for 5 years. Now we are in Roseville because my mom moved to Roseville while I was stationed in Okinawa and I thought it would be nice to have her close by because we have 3 little kids. I can't stand Roseville because I feel that this place is super snobby (and I thought that nothing could get snobbier than Walnut Creek or Danville!). I just don't understand the snobbiness here because you don't have to have a ton of money to live here, but a lot of the people look down their noses at everyone. I think I really miss PH because it was my home for so long and I was really comfortable there. I do think it is a great place to raise kids and it is so close to SF that there is always something to do. In all honesty though, we are also considering a move out of Cali. We are going to Texas this week to look around and see if that is a better fit for us. Have you thought about where you might move to?

Old 11-12-2013, 06:17 PM

1 posts, read 8,332 times
Pleasant Hill is a charming small town with a lovely downtown area. Beautiful views of mountains, trees, and greenery. Friendly neighbors and feels safe. Just a hop and a skip to lots of shopping in Walnut Creek and Concord, but with way less traffic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland