Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2021, 04:40 AM

281 posts, read 308,886 times

Advertisements

I have made several threats warning the citizens of Marin to forget about trying to be politically correct and all the nonsense liberals keep spewing, and keep Marin County nice at all costs. Now we are seeing what too-liberal policies are doing to San Francisco. Crime is laughably out of control. There is a difference between being fair, respectful, and non-racist, as opposed to ultra liberal, with no discipline whatsoever. Humans simply don’t do well when there are no standards or accountability set! Marin County has remained beautiful for decades not only because of the landscape, but because the citizens had a good sense to keep price is high, riffraff out, and they set a no nonsense, unspoken standard of keeping things clean and nice! Anyone is welcome in Marin, but you’re going to have to be an achiever to live there, and there’s nothing wrong with that! Not every place can be a ghetto/barrio/trailer park, as I’ve said in numerous posts. People that want to shoplift Rite Aid‘s, not pick up trash, set up tent cities, there’s Delano, Bakersfield, and Buttonwillow for that! Keep that crap and people who believe that crap is OK out of Marin. Don’t let ultra liberal idiots guilt you into believing you must be ridiculously light on crime, set up a million low income units, and allow a tent metropolis. Keep your standards high and keep Marin beautiful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2021, 11:33 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Troy View Post
I have made several threats warning the citizens of Marin to forget about trying to be politically correct and all the nonsense liberals keep spewing, and keep Marin County nice at all costs. Now we are seeing what too-liberal policies are doing to San Francisco. Crime is laughably out of control. There is a difference between being fair, respectful, and non-racist, as opposed to ultra liberal, with no discipline whatsoever. Humans simply don’t do well when there are no standards or accountability set! Marin County has remained beautiful for decades not only because of the landscape, but because the citizens had a good sense to keep price is high, riffraff out, and they set a no nonsense, unspoken standard of keeping things clean and nice! Anyone is welcome in Marin, but you’re going to have to be an achiever to live there, and there’s nothing wrong with that! Not every place can be a ghetto/barrio/trailer park, as I’ve said in numerous posts. People that want to shoplift Rite Aid‘s, not pick up trash, set up tent cities, there’s Delano, Bakersfield, and Buttonwillow for that! Keep that crap and people who believe that crap is OK out of Marin. Don’t let ultra liberal idiots guilt you into believing you must be ridiculously light on crime, set up a million low income units, and allow a tent metropolis. Keep your standards high and keep Marin beautiful!
It's not about being "ultra liberal" or allowing tent cities. The Supreme Court ruled that unless you can offer a homeless person a bed they can sleep in public. Since most homeless people are living where they formerly had housing it's not surprising that Marin County doesn't have many homeless, how many people go from living in 2 million dollar houses to sleeping on the sidewalk. For decades Marin County being part of ABAG has somehow avoided building low income housing and they have shifted their 'share' of low cost housing off on Vallejo. It looks like that's coming to an end so we will have to wait and see how many homeless are in the county after they are forced to provide their fare share of low income housing.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/10/...andate-relief/

Old 11-23-2021, 07:36 AM

4,413 posts, read 5,145,849 times
Marin really has always been an outlier in the Bay Area. A true limousine liberal bastion. Now they will learn that they can’t have it all, talking out both sides of their mouth.

Old 11-24-2021, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
Marin really has always been an outlier in the Bay Area. A true limousine liberal bastion. Now they will learn that they can’t have it all, talking out both sides of their mouth.
Or in any liberal enclave you will always have a certain segment of the population or government oh come across as hypocrites. However, I don’t think it’s as much of being hypocritical as it is having conflicting desires. I want there to be peace, harmony, a chicken in everyone’s pot, and no one go homeless. However, I don’t think beautiful areas such as Marin County, Solvang, Atherton, Yosemite, Laguna Beach, need to be bulldozed over and turned into A low income enclave to make it happen. There Hass to be some places where beauty can exist, and people can aspire to. It would be wrong if rich areas, such as Marin County or Beverly Hills truly prevented people moving there because of race. I mean specific race prohibitive policies. However, an area that basically has a certain price point is not wrong. In fact, it’s really the only fairway to separate the wheat from the chaff. Why is it necessary for a bunch of poor people to suddenly populate Marin County? What major industry or job opportunities exist in Marin that low income persons are missing out on? What does Marin County offer that Richmond can’t provide?

Look what’s happening in the rest of the Bay Area, that has made it possible for a bunch of broke ass people to live. Stores are being looted at a staggering rate. Marin county has been spared from that for the most part, because there are a bunch of girls snipes living there in the first place. And I’m totally fine with that. And let me stay further, I am black as 3 AM! 100% African-American, and I love my race and culture. Nevertheless, there needs to be spaces where people who have achieved, be they white or black, can enjoy the fruits of their labor, without having to worry about some underachiever ruining their existence. You can call it cruel, but as someone who has lived in Watts and Compton, I have seen this play out over and over again. I agree there are Systemic issues that should be addressed, so there are less poor people to begin with. But opening up your beautiful areas to people who have not been taught to respect those areas is a disaster waiting to happen.

One other thing, I find it completely outrageous that our state and even federal government continues to allow, and let’s be honest, encourage, unchecked and wonton illegal immigration to completely fill up our state with additional poor people, then turn around and expect our cities to deal with overcrowding by plowing over once beautiful areas to create additional low income or high density housing! Is this some kind of joke! This is something every American citizen should be marching on Washington about! And I said it!

Old 11-24-2021, 12:36 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Or in any liberal enclave you will always have a certain segment of the population or government oh come across as hypocrites. However, I don’t think it’s as much of being hypocritical as it is having conflicting desires. I want there to be peace, harmony, a chicken in everyone’s pot, and no one go homeless. However, I don’t think beautiful areas such as Marin County, Solvang, Atherton, Yosemite, Laguna Beach, need to be bulldozed over and turned into A low income enclave to make it happen. There Hass to be some places where beauty can exist, and people can aspire to. It would be wrong if rich areas, such as Marin County or Beverly Hills truly prevented people moving there because of race. I mean specific race prohibitive policies. However, an area that basically has a certain price point is not wrong. In fact, it’s really the only fairway to separate the wheat from the chaff. Why is it necessary for a bunch of poor people to suddenly populate Marin County? What major industry or job opportunities exist in Marin that low income persons are missing out on? What does Marin County offer that Richmond can’t provide?

Look what’s happening in the rest of the Bay Area, that has made it possible for a bunch of broke ass people to live. Stores are being looted at a staggering rate. Marin county has been spared from that for the most part, because there are a bunch of girls snipes living there in the first place. And I’m totally fine with that. And let me stay further, I am black as 3 AM! 100% African-American, and I love my race and culture. Nevertheless, there needs to be spaces where people who have achieved, be they white or black, can enjoy the fruits of their labor, without having to worry about some underachiever ruining their existence. You can call it cruel, but as someone who has lived in Watts and Compton, I have seen this play out over and over again. I agree there are Systemic issues that should be addressed, so there are less poor people to begin with. But opening up your beautiful areas to people who have not been taught to respect those areas is a disaster waiting to happen.

One other thing, I find it completely outrageous that our state and even federal government continues to allow, and let’s be honest, encourage, unchecked and wonton illegal immigration to completely fill up our state with additional poor people, then turn around and expect our cities to deal with overcrowding by plowing over once beautiful areas to create additional low income or high density housing! Is this some kind of joke! This is something every American citizen should be marching on Washington about! And I said it!
What low income job opportunities in Marin County? Oh I dunno...how about the staff in rest homes, hotels, restaurants and landscaping? Or maybe you thought that the millionaires who live in Marin County were doing those jobs? What's unfair about Marin Counties decade old effort to keep affordable housing out of their county is that the people who do all those jobs that no one else wants have to commute from Vallejo or Richmond because they aren't good enough for the Marinites. And about all those "illegals", next time you go to a restaurant and order wine ask yourself who took care of the vines, did the irrigation planting and harvesting...it sure wasn't your neighbors in Marin County

Old 11-24-2021, 12:51 PM

1,386 posts, read 1,495,899 times
Quote:
However, an area that basically has a certain price point is not wrong. In fact, it’s really the only fairway to separate the wheat from the chaff. Why is it necessary for a bunch of poor people to suddenly populate Marin County? What major industry or job opportunities exist in Marin that low income persons are missing out on? What does Marin County offer that Richmond can’t provide?
Not sure it's worth wasting my breath on somebody who is so far out of touch with reality, but you do realize that Marin County is not obtainable for more than just the poor, right? It isn't just your grocery store clerks and landscapers that are imported from out of the county. Middle class professionals are also imported from outside the county, including teachers and nurses and whatever. I fall into this group. I'm sure we would be happy to stop commuting into Marin County and let you guys suffer with complete societal breakdown, but the pay and benefits are good, and we all have mortgages or rent to pay.

Old 11-24-2021, 10:55 PM

4,413 posts, read 5,145,849 times
Marin is beautiful, but you could develop Central and Western Marin a bit more. It is very close to urban areas to warrant keeping it rural.

But I agree, the elites are a bit much with importing endless migrants to beef up their labor and consumer profit multipliers as well as fighting force for domination and at the same time claim beautiful areas all for themselves. Especially when their shenanigans are making it hard to afford to live in ugly or/and less desirable areas as well.

Old 11-25-2021, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
What low income job opportunities in Marin County? Oh I dunno...how about the staff in rest homes, hotels, restaurants and landscaping? Or maybe you thought that the millionaires who live in Marin County were doing those jobs? What's unfair about Marin Counties decade old effort to keep affordable housing out of their county is that the people who do all those jobs that no one else wants have to commute from Vallejo or Richmond because they aren't good enough for the Marinites. And about all those "illegals", next time you go to a restaurant and order wine ask yourself who took care of the vines, did the irrigation planting and harvesting...it sure wasn't your neighbors in Marin County
Someone using the “we need illegal aliens for the grapevines, the fields, the crops, etc.”, is someone who would have used the same argument about slavery! There are all kinds of shortcuts and inappropriate ways to get things done more easily. It was extremely convenient to have slaves grow and build everything, but it wasn’t right! It’s extremely convenient to have millions of legal legal immigrants come over and take care of the crops, but it’s not right! It’s extremely convenient to have China produce every last item we have in our homes, but it’s not right! It hobbles our nation and makes us dependent on processes that are literally illegal! It puts us at the mercy of other nations, and it causes us to have to engage in practices that may benefit a farmer, but harm society in many other ways.

In terms of who’s going to work the low paying jobs in Marin County, first of all, there are already low income areas existing in Marin. It’s not as if Marin County is the devoid of low income housing. Secondly, student workers also handle some of that. I personally don’t see a bunch of help wanted signs all over Marin County, that would warrant funneling in thousands of low and no income persons to fill the positions. This liberal mindset has ruined cities all over the bay. I’m not even trying to convince individuals such as yourself, because anyone with eyes can see viewpoints like your have failed! I am hoping people reading who are on the fence with this liberal agenda gain strength in knowing there are others out here who are not falling for it and they don’t have to either!

Last edited by Troy Troy; 11-25-2021 at 08:04 AM..

Old 11-25-2021, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
Marin is beautiful, but you could develop Central and Western Marin a bit more. It is very close to urban areas to warrant keeping it rural.

But I agree, the elites are a bit much with importing endless migrants to beef up their labor and consumer profit multipliers as well as fighting force for domination and at the same time claim beautiful areas all for themselves. Especially when their shenanigans are making it hard to afford to live in ugly or/and less desirable areas as well.
Low income housing, at least here in California, always, always, always destroys the area it’s located in. Again, I have lived in Larkspur in Marin County, and I have lived in Watts, and all points in between. Whatever your issues are with the elite controlling housing, etc., building low income housing and trashing the nice areas of California that remain is not the answer. Not saying there aren’t issues that need to be addressed, but that isn’t the answer.

Old 11-25-2021, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davdaven View Post
Not sure it's worth wasting my breath on somebody who is so far out of touch with reality, but you do realize that Marin County is not obtainable for more than just the poor, right? It isn't just your grocery store clerks and landscapers that are imported from out of the county. Middle class professionals are also imported from outside the county, including teachers and nurses and whatever. I fall into this group. I'm sure we would be happy to stop commuting into Marin County and let you guys suffer with complete societal breakdown, but the pay and benefits are good, and we all have mortgages or rent to pay.
Yes, you are in fact wasting your breath trying to tell me my eyes don’t see what they’re seeing! Over the top liberal viewpoints like yours have completely wrecked California. I wonder if it’s safe for me to go to Nordstrom‘s to buy a pair of shoes later on today. I sure hope that Rite Aid I like stopping in on Lombard Street is still in existence. Give it a rest!

And in other posts I’ve written on here, you will see where I agree with there being some housing or vouchers for housing set up for government, school, hospital workers. There should be some means of housing true essential workers. However, I don’t consider a teacher to be low income, in the sense of how it’s meant by most people in general. It’s not just the income that people are talking about when they say they don’t want low income areas popping up everywhere. It’s the mindset of that subset of society. Right or wrong, regardless of how they got there, a ghetto mentality simply doesn’t benefit an area. (replace ghetto with barrio, trailer, etc.) there is certainly a need for our politicians to get to work on income inequality, but at the end of the day, I as a private citizen want to come home to someplace with no graffiti, without someone prying up in my backyard fence trying to steal my dog, and to know my girl can go jogging at dusk and not be accosted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland